ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Flamer 172 Rep Pics

Many.
I've nearly sorta finished the little DCi, as much as any project car is.

With the nice weather this morning, and having finished the 172 I rebuilt, I figured it was a good time to give the car a quick wash, fit a replacment skoda splitter and get a couple of pics, nothing special.
null_zps353d1d4d.jpg

null_zpsb1a4daa7.jpg

Plate isn't straight, its velcroed on and I forgot to straighten it :mad:

null_zps6014f0e4.jpg

null_zps010b49e2.jpg

null_zpse5cc0213.jpg

Finally, the only pic I have so far of it having Climate control, recently retrofitted it and works perfectly.
null_zps7fc23cb7.jpg

Next up is wheel refurb, either Antracite or silver again, intercooler, remap and finally a respray.

C&C welcome :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i dont think i can part with it after all the work you've put into making it what it is. maybe find a way of getting past 130 hp out of the little 1.5 but thats all :)

btw your two stroke works a treat. did it on quarter of a tank and the injectors dont sound like little hammers anymore :D

Many.
Just replied to your post in my other thread lol.

If I had the right offer, It would go, However I don't intend to sell it or break it. I would love to get decent power out of it, I reckon you could get more than 130 if you played with nozzles/injectors, where theres a will, theres a way!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha , was just going to reply to tht aswell.

its not just the injectors, i fitted some 2.9 CRDI injectors to a mates dci 100 and the pump was leaning out at 130. the mapper tried to get past it but 132 was max as the pump couldnt push anymore fuel out.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
will be me still at it trying to find alternatives. i do have three maybe four old pumps , i could strip and see what can be modified.

Many.
I've had pumps apart (when learning about why they f**k up!) and I doubt you could do much with it really. I've never looked at the pump on the 2.0's (and 2.5's) as per my Trafic, Wonder if they would be of any use. Or a later pump from the 110's they put in the newer renaults (and Dacia's!)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
dont the traffics use a seimens or bosch?
( sure they do )

i have seen the CRDI 2.9 fuel pump is a delphi pump with the exact same conections and mounting points but dont thing the rail sensor is compatable to make it run right.

i never figured out which parts died in the pump to create swarf, i though it was the plate in the middle but no lol.

That looks spot on there! How long have you had ? I saw one a while back (a couple of years ago) in Lakeside.

Many.
Cheers guys. I've had the actual car for nearly three years, however it was broken and left on my drive for two years, fixed january this year and I started the sport conversion about six months ago, bit by bit.