ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

clio dynamique 16v
Hey guys, So as you can tell, I'm new-ish to the forum, I've been a member for a couple of months, looking at other peoples threads, doing my share of research and just admiring other peoples Clios! This is my first post, so sorry if I'm terribly noobie. :(
I've had my Clio 2 years this month, and it's only been the past couple of months that I've started to change it to my taste. Like other people I'm sure, being a student, things are slow because of the money. :p

Here is a shot of the car the day I bought it from my local dealer:

2vjpoi1.jpg

It stayed like this for about a year. One thing you will notice is the colour. I've found you either love it or you hate it... I love it!

But then I started to make small, cheap yet effective mods to the car. I decided that I wanted to have a Green and Black theme (yes original I know :p) But haven seen very little build threads (if any) of this specific colour!

First up, not to everyones taste but going with my theme, smoked side indicators.

ly5ox.jpg

Then, smoked rear lights to match. Yes, again, not to everyones taste, very dark. Surprisingly let allot of light through! But I have LED's on order ATM.

2zjiebr.jpg

Next came some stickers. I didn't want to over do it with stickers. But I Love it when you see clever/funny suttle ones.

2lllkwh.jpg

A cheeky custom sticker with my bands logo!

2nsyhs5.jpg

For those who know it...

34tae8i.jpg

Then I wrapped my dash in some CF and added another sticker as I felt it was missing something now the "Air Bag" text had gone.

33ausfq.jpg

Next was the shorter Arial.

10r04l2.jpg

Then came the LED upgrades.

jtwj9w.jpg

2ekj989.jpg

Then made all the shiny silver logos black.

282mgwp.jpg

Front and back legal pressed plates picked up at the Edition38 show early Sept...

6e15jr.jpg

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SO FAR...
My coil overs.
Which has caused me nothing but trouble so far in the week I've had them.
Not only did they come with the wrong front springs. Both the rear thread is broken, so as you can see, I can't lower the back more than this. gaaaaah! :mad:

842bc260.jpg

I personally think the front looks nice and tidy, but still have room to go lower if wanted!

8442e1fa.jpg

Some front end shots. Pictures don't do it justice imo.

628b42fd.jpg

0c102b57.jpg

Rear end shots.

cfa11373.jpg

f60f6fd8.jpg

I also managed to get these for a stupid little bargain... any guesses what I'm going to be doing to them? ;)

343b7c95.jpg

Plans:
Fix coil overs and lower some more.
RS Grill.
Band my steels.
New black insert headlights.
Xenon bulbs.
Colour code side strips.
Colour code boot button (inside bit).
Thinking about Rear Window tints (again not to everyones taste).
Bigger splitter.
Re paint the black rear bumper.
Wind Deflectors (Currently in the process of sending a set of Wind Deflectors back, ebayer sent me a set that didn't fit my car. :mad:)

And then in the very future:
Smooth boot.
Smooth doors.

Thanks for reading, any feedback, ideas ect ect please let me know! :)

clio dynamique 16v
Haha yeah! I've seen a couple around my local area, other than that, I don't really see it... My friend done a little research on the colour for me, and apparently it's an extra or something. But the lights I quite like, but something tells me when I start getting the ball rolling and the car starts coming together I'll probably just change them over! And for the tints, I know loads of people really don't like them, but I kinda do... Just not sure if I want to spend the money on them and end up not liking it! haha

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Each to their own I guess.
As long as you like it.

Don't see many of this colour about round by me.

Will look good with a better drop and banded steels

clio dynamique 16v
My friend suggested that too, but I think that'll have to be a last resort. Going to see if the guys who sold me the kit can sort me out new parts. :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
My first clip was a billabong in this colour, I love it, very cool colour IMO. Loose the stickers tho bud!!

clio dynamique 16v
Thanks for the feedback guys! With the stickers, I think I'm going to take a couple off for now, as I personally quite like stickers.. But when I've done a little bit more to the car they'll probably all go completely!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I went mad on stickers lol now I only have the clio sport Saturday which is being removed tomorrow with my works hot pressure washer ;)

clio dynamique 16v
Another Small Update:

Managed to get two new rear adjusters cheap, should have them fitted by the end of next week with more lowssssss!

clio dynamique 16v
Update:

Today I got these through the post! :D Being fitted tomorrow... Can't wait!

20120920_100029copycopy_zps30f8c3cb.jpg

And I also removed some stickers, I think the back looks a little tidier without my bands black logo on the boot. :)

20120920_100029copy_zpscde7412a.jpg

Never above 25mpg
The band sticker was fine, the rest aren't (coming from someone who put tacky stickers on their 172).

clio dynamique 16v
Just got the new rear adjusters fitted and then the rear dropped a little more. Looking allot tidier now. So happy! :)

20120921_093305copy_zps2e52c174.jpg

Now the coilies are sorted, I have new grill and lights on their way at the moment... so the next stop is to get the steel wheels banded. :D

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
i missed my old citrus green clio i had, 1st one too. sport kit and smoothed,

remove the white stickers on tailgate n bonnet imo would be cleaner. steels will look good. but needs to be the right width and lower. i wouldnt have worried about the damaged thread, never fitted the adjuust in any of my pals coils.

clio dynamique 16v
i missed my old citrus green clio i had, 1st one too. sport kit and smoothed,

remove the white stickers on tailgate n bonnet imo would be cleaner. steels will look good. but needs to be the right width and lower. i wouldnt have worried about the damaged thread, never fitted the adjuust in any of my pals coils.

With the steelies, I'm thinking of 8j on front and 8.5j on the back? I really want 9j on the back, but I'd have to get them cambered to keep the tread in even with stretched tyres?? and as sick as it looks, im not sure cambering something I want to do, or have over the top stretch... The one thing I have struggled loads on is finding info on peoples clios and how wide they've been able to go stright up on steelies ect, so im still really unsure how wide i can go before the tread starts sticking out. Obviously I'm going to have a some stretch, but I don't want to pay out to get these steelies made up, only to find that the tread sticks out and run into other problems, Ive spent hours and hours researching, I have a rough idea... but im still not 100%... so any advice you or anyone has would be really really appreciated as i'm hoping to send my steelies off by the end of next month to be painted and banded! :)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
im sure my mate had 9s on the rear, i've sent him a message and i'll let you know

clio dynamique 16v
Small Update:
These came in the post yesterday!

bulbs_zps940813f4.jpg

Going to wait till i have the new headlights to install them, should be ordering them and silivervisions on pay day!

clio dynamique 16v
Surprised you haven't been pulled about those rear lights, But good progress!

Tons of people said I would have, theyve been on for a while now, and not a word! I've been followed directly by the police a handful of times and had no problems! According to my local garage the lights need to be no less than 50% brighter to be legal and i think these just about cut it.. haha. But thank you!

clio dynamique 16v
Update:

New grill came today! Couldn't believe how cheap I got it! Needs a good clean and re-spray as you can see. Won't be putting this on till the Silver Vision Bulbs and new head lights are ordered later next week, and then ill put everything in together.

20120924_181043_zps79e18ed4.jpg

Ontop of this, my rents said they'd pay for my Forum member ship for my birthday on thursday. :D
And all going well, should be sending steelies of for banding next week.

clio dynamique 16v
I'm also on the look out for a chunky Megane splitter, so if anyone has one going PM me! My local scrappy wont sell splitters separate to bumpers... :s

TT QS
I'm also on the look out for a chunky Megane splitter, so if anyone has one going PM me! My local scrappy wont sell splitters separate to bumpers... :s

good luck with that one mate! i kept an eye on ebay for a little while. strange they dont sell them separate though

how blue are those bulbs?
and the cars looking good btw :)

clio dynamique 16v
good luck with that one mate! i kept an eye on ebay for a little while. strange they dont sell them separate though

how blue are those bulbs?
and the cars looking good btw :)

Haha cheers! I m checking ebay every day -.- Do you know what year the big splitters are? ive seen a few megane splitters and theyve not been the chunky one ive seen allot on here?
As for the bulbs, I've not fitted them yet! Im going to order my new headlights with the black background instead of the grey and fit them with that and my new RS grill after Ive painted it! Doing it all at once as Ive read that to fit the lights and grill you need to take the front bumper off? So might as well do it all at once save time. :) And thanks! :D

TT QS
Haha cheers! I m checking ebay every day -.- Do you know what year the big splitters are? ive seen a few megane splitters and theyve not been the chunky one ive seen allot on here?
As for the bulbs, I've not fitted them yet! Im going to order my new headlights with the black background instead of the grey and fit them with that and my new RS grill after Ive painted it! Doing it all at once as Ive read that to fit the lights and grill you need to take the front bumper off? So might as well do it all at once save time. :) And thanks! :D

ive no idea im afraid. i believe its the megane scenic splitter so that may help with your search lol
again no idea on the headlights lol. i was thinking of going all out with xenons cos mine have seen better days but we shall see. i thought you could do headlights with the bumper (if someone reads this correct me if im wrong lol) but the grille you can do while its on. i did anyways. abit fiddly but not that hard. they make a big difference

clio dynamique 16v
ive no idea im afraid. i believe its the megane scenic splitter so that may help with your search lol
again no idea on the headlights lol. i was thinking of going all out with xenons cos mine have seen better days but we shall see. i thought you could do headlights with the bumper (if someone reads this correct me if im wrong lol) but the grille you can do while its on. i did anyways. abit fiddly but not that hard. they make a big difference

Ah thank you! Real Xenons were a little over budget for me, So Im going with cheap and cheerful to see how they go, if they're really that crap ill save up the pennies and get real xenons! And yeah im really excited to get mine on!

clio mk 2 5 door
ive got those bulbs and there not as blue as they look.
they are cheap and cheerful but dont last very long. ive got through 3 sets in a year

clio dynamique 16v
ive got those bulbs and there not as blue as they look.
they are cheap and cheerful but dont last very long. ive got through 3 sets in a year

3?! I didn't realise they were that bad... anyone have recommendations on longer a longer lasting set?

clio mk 2 5 door
ha yea 3. tbf though the sidelights i havent had to change but the main beam seem to fail all the time. there good for the price and look quite smart but they arent the best

I can't comment on this, as I'm 9 years on from you (I would presume) and did all the same modifications; stickers (although not as god awful as the ones you have, IMO), blue tinted lights, tinted windows, LED rear lights. Then went full r****d and bought coilovers, spacers, the Renault Sport Clio body kit etc etc.

You will regret it. Return it to normal, save the money and buy a sportier car when the NCB build up. Trust me.

IMG_0432.gif

Last edited:
  TT QS
I can't comment on this, as I'm 9 years on from you (I would presume) and did all the same modifications; stickers (although not as god awful as the ones you have, IMO), blue tinted lights, tinted windows, LED rear lights. Then went full r****d and bought coilovers, spacers, the Renault Sport Clio body kit etc etc.

You will regret it. Return it to normal, save the money and buy a sportier car when the NCB build up. Trust me.

IMG_0432.gif

Awesome car.
But I have to agree. God knows how much I've actually put into mine and now I'm 21 my insurance on a 225 TT (not popular on here but I love em) is 1500. Knowing that 4 years ago Id have not eaten to save for it lol

I bought mine in 2003 for what 1.2s were worth back then. I then proceeded to spend over £4,000 on it. Speaker upgrades, £500 on coilovers, respraying parts, bigger wheels, etc etc All OEM+ and yes, I flipping loved the car, more than my current one. But now I'm buying a house, £4k (plus the money it needed to keep going after my mods made the car worse) is a lot of money for furniture!

clio dynamique 16v

IMG_0432.gif

As nice looking car as this is, I'm still going ahead and doing what I want to my car. :) Thanks for the advice none the less!

clio dynamique 16v
I've also come to a massive conundrum. Ive found out about these alloy wheels called Bullet Wheels:

BULLET-ONE-15x8-2_zpsdb6e17d2.jpg

They are exactly the same colour as i was hoping to get when i banded my steelies... but seeing as these are pretty much what i was aiming for when banding my steelies do i go for a set of these? Or shall i stay with the banding?! Any help would be great or advice on other wheels maybe? Cheers!