ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

clio dynamique 16v
didn't win the bid for the splitter, but she emailed me saying she has a second one on offer, so i got that one! should be here tomorrow! I've also put the deposit down for my new wheels! They should be here by the end of the month, I shall also be hopefully painting the splitter and RS grill tomorrow and fitting it with my new bulbs providing the weather holds out :)

clio dynamique 16v
BIG UPDATE

Right, so i've put the deposit down on my new wheels... I will be getting them next week! :) However I have to pay for my insurance.. so i wont be getting tyres for them till the month after. :(

But today, a friends of mine and myself spent nearly 7 hours on my car and its finally starting to take shape:

First we took the bumper off to get my new splitter on:
1.jpg

2.jpg

fitted (then we cut it to size)
4.jpg

Then in went the new bulbs:
3.jpg

They a little more yellow than i would have liked, but theyre still a big improvement...
9.jpg

Next we decided to lower it more:

6.jpg

7.jpg

Next we sanded down, primered and painted the sports grill, however i dont have pics of the finished product as im leaving it to dry over night, shall upload pics in the morning tho!

5.jpg

Then i gave the fucker a clean head to toe! You can see new splitter and head lights :)

8.jpg

Will upload a photo of the sports grill fitted tomorrow morning. :)

Just a shot of all our cars together:

10.jpg

clio dynamique 16v
Okay so this is how she currently sits, got the new grill fitted this morning, you can also see the new splitter better here too

FRONTGRILL.jpg

Last edited:
  Vectra
Looks good! would look a million times better if you remove the stickers but thats just my personal opinion.

clio dynamique 16v
UPDATE!

Finally, my new wheels have come.

Bullet, 7j fronts and 8j rears:

416819_10151263277790932_1795058815_n.jpg

However, I may have to wait till next month to buy the rubbers... flaming insurance came through this month too. Rage.

clio dynamique 16v
They look exactly how I wanted my banded steelies to look! Will upload loads of high res photos once they're on. :)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
interesting choice. nice though. i would personally gone an hand some made to a better spec than buy off the shelf ones. look forward to seeing them on though

clio dynamique 16v
When these are fitted, Im going to take off the rear adjusters on my coilies as the rear is sitting at its lowest, and theres still some arch gap... which is odd as the front two can get the bumper to touch the floor yet the rears only drop like 50/60mm. Anyone know if taking the rear adjusters totally off is safe or..?

clio dynamique 16v
interesting choice. nice though. i would personally gone an hand some made to a better spec than buy off the shelf ones. look forward to seeing them on though

How comes? These are near enough what I had in mind, just id have gone for 7.5 and 8.5!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
remove the adjuster and leave the insert. that way the spring cant pop out.

clio dynamique 16v
remove the adjuster and leave the insert. that way the spring cant pop out.

Okay, cheers for the advice. Will definatly do this once the wheels have been fitted.

Also, I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear wipers. I replaced them all with cheap halfords ones when I first got the car as they didn't work very well.. big mistake.. Does anyone know any sets that are really good yet affordable?
AND I want to get some better looking pedals than my worn to hell stock! Any advice on either/both would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Okay, cheers for the advice. Will definatly do this once the wheels have been fitted.

Also, I'm looking to upgrade my front and rear wipers. I replaced them all with cheap halfords ones when I first got the car as they didn't work very well.. big mistake.. Does anyone know any sets that are really good yet affordable?
AND I want to get some better looking pedals than my worn to hell stock! Any advice on either/both would be appreciated!

Bosch aero wipers.

Inferno 182
This is looking ok actually, just needs standard rear lights, stickers removing, wheels on and colour coded bumper strips. Or even gloss black bumper strips?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It'd be nice if you removed all the truly awful stickers tinted/black crap. It makes everyone cringe, seriously.

Those wheels should look brilliant if you go back to a simple OEM look.

Otherwise it'll just look like mismatched mess. IMO.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

fit sport pedals. really easy to do. infact i have spare set lol

TT QS
It'd be nice if you removed all the truly awful stickers tinted/black crap. It makes everyone cringe, seriously.

Wayyyyyy more blunt than I'd say but I agree.
Really low with those wheels and a clean look and you'll get so many good looks and comments

clio dynamique 16v
This is looking ok actually, just needs standard rear lights, stickers removing, wheels on and colour coded bumper strips. Or even gloss black bumper strips?

Thanks! Yeah Im going to colour code the side strips and then re spray the rear bumper satin black or maybe even colour code that too... not 100% decided yet.

clio dynamique 16v

I don't modify my car to please other people.

However I have decided that when I have a whole day free (which should hopefully be by the end of the month) I'm going to make a few amendments:

Im going to swap the smoked rear lights for originals (People flashing me at night is becoming stupidly annoying),
Re instal the original white side indicators,
Take the stickers off (as I myself am starting to go off them),
Buy tyres for and fit my new wheels,
Take off my rear adjusters (to get the rear end down further).
I might even take the black Renault logo covers off and polish the logos to go with the Chrome lip on my new wheels.

Appreciate the amount of feedback by the way guys, thank you.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I don't modify my car to please other people.

However I have decided that when I have a whole day free (which should hopefully be by the end of the month) I'm going to make a few amendments:

Im going to swap the smoked rear lights for originals (People flashing me at night is becoming stupidly annoying),
Re instal the original white side indicators,
Take the stickers off (as I myself am starting to go off them),
Buy tyres for and fit my new wheels,
Take off my rear adjusters (to get the rear end down further).
I might even take the black Renault logo covers off and polish the logos to go with the Chrome lip on my new wheels.

Appreciate the amount of feedback by the way guys, thank you.

Sounds like a plan! Should be much better then bud