ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

clio dynamique 16v
Thanks guys! You have no idea how much it pains me just having these wheels in my room with no tyres... Can't wait to get them fitted!

Clio 2.4 1.2 16V
Oh yes I have an idea, i had my F1's in the garage during a month waiting for the spacers that were out of stock...

clio dynamique 16v
Advice needed!

I know what tyre's I think I want... 7j front I was thinking of getting 175/50/15 and the rear 8j 195/45/15, I've been told this will be enough to give me some stretch to comfortably fit my car and keep the tread inside my arches, my question is.. could I get away with less stretch on them and still keep the tread inside the arch? I want stretched tyres, but i literally only want what i need, I don't want to go too over the top!

Any advice would be a huge help!
Thanks

Clio 2.4 1.2 16V
Sorry I don't really know what size you should get, I have a 5dr and arch clearance is slightly different on 3dr. But I think you will have to roll the arches whatever the tyre width. ;)

Clio Sport 182
I can't comment on this, as I'm 9 years on from you (I would presume) and did all the same modifications; stickers (although not as god awful as the ones you have, IMO), blue tinted lights, tinted windows, LED rear lights. Then went full r****d and bought coilovers, spacers, the Renault Sport Clio body kit etc etc.

You will regret it. Return it to normal, save the money and buy a sportier car when the NCB build up. Trust me.

IMG_0432.gif

Sorry to copy out this post again, but does anyone know what grill this is? If flippin ace!

Clio Sport 182
Yeah man - it's the ring in the lower grille that looks sick. It's the same bumper etc as mine, but I don't know whether the ring is seperate or comes on the grill

clio dynamique 16v
Yeah man - it's the ring in the lower grille that looks sick. It's the same bumper etc as mine, but I don't know whether the ring is seperate or comes on the grill

Might be wrong... but im pretty sure thats just a large tow eye?

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Looking forward to seeing how your car look's on them wheels. I know how you feel having them in your room, i had to wait over a month to sort the adapters for mine. So frustrating, worth the wait though

clio dynamique 16v
Right, I need advice.. again, my new headlight bulbs aren't white enough for me. I want 6k's so a white not a yellowy white... but the company I brought my first set through don't have a set of 6k's. There are other companies on ebay that sell h1 h7 and h11 6k bulbs, but I don't know if to trust them? Im happy to spend a bit of money on these to get a long lasting, bright white set of bulbs.
Also, would it be worth in a HID kit? If so does anyone have any good sets I should get?

Last edited:
*6000K sorry

You was right saying 6k, k stands for a thousand, therefore 6k hid's = 6000 which is the pure white. Only headlight bulbs I've found near 6k that ain't hid are from halfrauds! Laser blue bulbs, I use them. And you can't tell the different between my non hid laser bkue bulbs and my mates hid kits. They cost £30. However a hid kit is only £55 on eBay :l up to you really :) only get hid's if you have projector headlights not reflector headlights though!

clio dynamique 16v
You was right saying 6k, k stands for a thousand, therefore 6k hid's = 6000 which is the pure white. Only headlight bulbs I've found near 6k that ain't hid are from halfrauds! Laser blue bulbs, I use them. And you can't tell the different between my non hid laser bkue bulbs and my mates hid kits. They cost £30. However a hid kit is only £55 on eBay :l up to you really :) only get hid's if you have projector headlights not reflector headlights though!

thanks for the advice buddy! I was tempted to get the halfrauds bulbs as i saw them in your thread and another guys thread... but theyre asking £20 a bulb in my local, PLUS the online reviews all say they only lasted 5 minutes!

clio dynamique 16v
thanks for the advice buddy! I was tempted to get the halfrauds bulbs as i saw them in your thread and another guys thread... but theyre asking £20 a bulb in my local, PLUS the online reviews all say they only lasted 5 minutes!
Having said that if they do actually last a long time I dont mind spending the little extra for these bulbs

Having said that if they do actually last a long time I dont mind spending the little extra for these bulbs

Ive had mine for a few months now with no problems touch wood! People just like to complain about halfords haha! But sometimes they do have little gems! If your looking at £20 a bulb then maybe hid's are the option. But remember to always carry a spare ballast and bulb!

These are the bulbs

A4C77659-A8CC-450F-9A49-616D29CDAC34-1635-000000A4B47C0469.jpg

heres how they look, as you can see a blueish white, no yellow

6236A2AF-24F7-40CA-88B5-5F5CBE91CDA7-1635-000000A4AEC4A116.gif

4D469DAC-0B83-4C51-ABC3-020B98CBBF6C-1635-000000A4A94F6A19.gif

clio dynamique 16v
Ive had mine for a few months now with no problems touch wood! People just like to complain about halfords haha! But sometimes they do have little gems! If your looking at £20 a bulb then maybe hid's are the option. But remember to always carry a spare ballast and bulb!

These are the bulbs

A4C77659-A8CC-450F-9A49-616D29CDAC34-1635-000000A4B47C0469.jpg

heres how they look, as you can see a blueish white, no yellow

6236A2AF-24F7-40CA-88B5-5F5CBE91CDA7-1635-000000A4AEC4A116.gif

4D469DAC-0B83-4C51-ABC3-020B98CBBF6C-1635-000000A4A94F6A19.gif

I WISH I SAW THIS BEFORE I WENT TO HALFRAUDS.

Literally earlier, I went in there asked for the whitest bulbs they did, they sold me the black pack "ultra bright - £29.99" - by one get one free so i thought yeah okay. I went outside to fit them, and like f**k were they white! They were about as yellow as the stock bulbs! So i went in and was like REFUND YO'. I think im going to save up and get a HID kit. I don't think ill be able to get good bulbs that are Bright and white at the same time... and after halfrauds messing me about I can't be arsed with trying to pack you bought.. haha

Scrap that.. Just bought these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...hicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35a5d57579&_uhb=1

Going to see how they last and look, if they look good ill keep them in, if not ill just put the other set ive had in back in and save up for HIDs like i said. If they don't last long, it has a 12 month warranty, ill just get my money back!

Ill get a night shot of these headlamps I use, it's no good going to halfrauds and asking they're opinion as most are t**ts who ain't gotta clue. You gotta go in there knowing exactly what you want. Mine literally look like hid's :)

clio dynamique 16v
Apologies for the poor angle of light but I'm parked on a slope. As you can see. Nice and white in contrast to the yellow glow surrounding by headlight beam by road side lamps

32D9D523-36B3-48E5-A913-204AA5A11F81-1635-000000D260DF9E1D.jpg

2939CB01-5C83-41F2-8577-6E58B4F54070-1635-000000D265E214A5.gif

They do look rad! I also love you Angel eyes, I was going to get some myself a while back, but the price put me off for a while.. wheels are more important at the mo haha!
Are they bright on the road? also, Do you have the link to them online? Or are they an in store only product?

Jap Box
Id be careful with them bulbs, as stated on the box "off road only" police will not only be on your back but you will be pissing people off by blinding them. Plus their 80w as opposed to normal 55w, meaning wires could melt, headlight casing can melt etc.

Id be careful with them bulbs, as stated on the box "off road only" police will not only be on your back but you will be pissing people off by blinding them. Plus their 80w as opposed to normal 55w, meaning wires could melt, headlight casing can melt etc.

You have the headlight adjustment height, mine are on the lowest setting, I drive behind my mates all the time and have asked them if they blind or glare in their rear view mirrors, which they don't.

Plus, I've been pulled by the police once before as one of my brake lights was out and they never said anything about my headlight bulbs - it's not like they are going to inquire on what bulbs they are, where I bought them, and what their purpose is, such a minor detail. They'd be more worried about whether I declared my modified headlights (which i have) not what bulbs I'm using :)

But Kerry's got a point, especially with higher wattage, upto you, just thought I'd try and help :)

Also these 55w 100% blah blah xenon look brighter bulbs would be just as bad as using 80w bulbs, as the burn at a hotter intensity to achieve the brighter light. The wiring outside the headlight casing would be fine, that's what a fuse is for, but the internals of a headlamp you could say are put at risk. But no more than using these xenon look bulbs imo

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
save youre money, buy xenon sport lamps, and fit 6k d2s bulbs. or use the stalk ones. no hassel and look better