ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

^would definately not look good on it. and also would not fit as delta 2 bodykit is phase one... like so:

clio_delta2_front_bumper.jpg

509bd46244814_1.jpg

so yeah would look good -.-

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Hideous.

Someones plays too much need for speed. Please do NOT get a body kit

thats how i brought the car since then ive removed bumpers and fitted smoothed bumpers to it rear lexus lights, spoiler off, fo deep dish bbs alloys in chrome and red, bonnet is being changed to stock with 172 interior,

clio dynamique 16v
Parked in front of a standard clio last night so i got a side view shot on my phone as a comparison...

20121110_183640.jpg

when new wheels are fitted itll be going lower!

also those cheapie white bulbs came, gonna take Mickb's advice and save for same CS xenon headlights and a HID kit.. but these will do me till then!

20121111_182534.jpg

will install them some time this week

clio dynamique 16v
Okay, so i fit the new bulbs, they were s**t. Put the other set back on, they will have to do now untill i can afford a HID kit! (Can anyone tell me if HID kits are okay with standard clio headlights or not)

But today I test fitted the new wheels to see how they look, and mainly to see if I had any poke. (before anyone comments about it, the jager sticker is coming off later today.)

First we popped the front wheel on (15' 7J)
01.jpg

Much to my relief there was no poke atall! totally flush
02.jpg

Then we tried the rears (15' 8j)
03.jpg

But there was quite a bit of poke...
04.jpg

And this is how they looked together
05.jpg

06.jpg

There was one big problem, that I'm really quite worried about... The bolts from the standard clio alloys are too long, so my new wheels are still wobbley, I have no idea how to go about getting the right size, or even finding out what size I need... any advice would be a great help!

AND also, what's best out of either rear camber or stretched tyre to help fit the rear 8j's Thanks!

Last edited:
What offset are they mate?

You are gonna need a bit of stretch either way i think mate, 1845/45s or 195/45s at a push.

Bare in mind youll get a bit of natural camber when the car is lowered on the ground anyway.

Gonna look smart :)

clio dynamique 16v
What offset are they mate?

You are gonna need a bit of stretch either way i think mate, 1845/45s or 195/45s at a push.

Bare in mind youll get a bit of natural camber when the car is lowered on the ground anyway.

Gonna look smart :)

Theyre ET 20.
Ive been reading up on stretch, and its half and half, some people say it is safe some say its not... but i guess I dont have much of an option if i want these wheels to fit... haha!
I was thinking of 8j/195/45 for the rears and then 7j/165/50 for the fronts. Will they work together? or is having it miss-match like that a nono? Sorry if I'm asking stupid obvious questions haha, I'm a wee bit new to this!

As for the bolts, that sounds pretty straight forward! any advice on working that out atall?

Thanks for your help!

Theyre ET 20.
Ive been reading up on stretch, and its half and half, some people say it is safe some say its not... but i guess I dont have much of an option if i want these wheels to fit... haha!
I was thinking of 8j/195/45 for the rears and then 7j/165/50 for the fronts. Will they work together? or is having it miss-match like that a nono? Sorry if I'm asking stupid obvious questions haha, I'm a wee bit new to this!

As for the bolts, that sounds pretty straight forward! any advice on working that out atall?

Thanks for your help!

Stretched tyres are fine within reason mate, just make it a priority to check the pressures more often.

Personally, I think 165/50/15 on a 7J looks a bit lost in the clios front arch, can never it quite low enough for it to look right.

On the back I think you need 185/45s at least.

Erm, measure the thread length of your current ones and then get some smaller ones. Im suprised they are too long tbh :S

Im not too sure tbh dude.

Last edited:
  clio dynamique 16v
Stretched tyres are fine within reason mate, just make it a priority to check the pressures more often.

Personally, I think 165/50/15 on a 7J looks a bit lost in the clios front arch, can never it quite low enough for it to look right.

On the back I think you need 185/45s at least.

Erm, measure the thread length of your current ones and then get some smaller ones. Im suprised they are too long tbh :S

Im not too sure tbh dude.

Yeah thats what i was going to do, how will i know what pressure to keep them at? Will it change with the new tyres? Do you recon ill get told by the guys who fit them what pressure to keep them at?

Okay, so for the back I should get 185/45? Will these be good enough?
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...gorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110

Also, could you recomend a good size tyre for the 7j fronts please dude?

As for the bolts, ill try them again... but we did try a couple of times!

Yeah thats what i was going to do, how will i know what pressure to keep them at? Will it change with the new tyres? Do you recon ill get told by the guys who fit them what pressure to keep them at?

Okay, so for the back I should get 185/45? Will these be good enough?
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...gorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110

Also, could you recomend a good size tyre for the 7j fronts please dude?

As for the bolts, ill try them again... but we did try a couple of times!

A bit higher than the usual pressure, more important to keep an eye on them and make sure the pressure doesn't drop. It shouldnt but sometimes you can get a bad seal.

http://tyrestretch.com/ look on there for tyre sizes.

Nankangs will do, they are the only manufacturer of that size I think.

I'd probably do 185/45 all round tbh.

6909553283_4ac494b4a9_b.jpg

That is 15x7 all round with 165/50s and theres still a bit of arch gap at the front. I dont really know what you want yours to look like :)

clio dynamique 16v
165/50 for the 7j looks perfect! But i do see what you mean by the arch gap... maybe it means I can go even lower?! Haha, But thanks for finding that picture. Is it your car?
I think Im going to go for 8j 185/45 rear and 7j 165/50 for the front. Should look pretty tidy!?

165/50 for the 7j looks perfect! But i do see what you mean by the arch gap... maybe it means I can go even lower?! Haha, But thanks for finding that picture. Is it your car?
I think Im going to go for 8j 185/45 rear and 7j 165/50 for the front. Should look pretty tidy!?

You could probably go a bit lower but looking at the splitter height, there isnt much more you can go down :p

Might work better on a non sport? I dont know :) only one way to find out.

Its Keiran.'s old car, was really nice!

clio dynamique 16v
You could probably go a bit lower but looking at the splitter height, there isnt much more you can go down :p

Might work better on a non sport? I dont know :) only one way to find out.

Its Keiran.'s old car, was really nice!

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me, it's been a right headache for months... haha. But that car is sweet! I really like it! I like the head lights! they look like they've been tinted slightly?

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me, it's been a right headache for months... haha. But that car is sweet! I really like it! I like the head lights! they look like they've been tinted slightly?

Haha its okay, ive been having the same sorta problem. Got some 16x8 et20 wheels to go on :) mine should poke the same amount as yours which is okay.

I think hes got lamin-x light smoke on his headlights.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
If Anyone On Here Knows Any One Wanting To Buy a 1998 (s Reg) CLio. 1.4 RT , 3dr Red And Black Message Me Please, Am Selling Mine.

clio dynamique 16v
You should come to the meet being than used in the south east. There's two arranged at the moment. Check them out :)

Im going to try and come to the one you told me about the other week! Where's the other one? how do i go about finding the event page for it?

Im going to try and come to the one you told me about the other week! Where's the other one? how do i go about finding the event page for it?

In the forum homepage trawl down to the bottom where you'll find the sub heading "local meets"
select south east region and select join group :)
once your in you can see all local meets arranged or being arranged and put your name down :)
hopefully see you down at one :)

clio dynamique 16v
Right so I haven't really updated this in a while because progress has been slow, earning money and trying to work out what tyres to get, where to get them fitted, what size bolts I need blah blah blah blah blah.
Anyways, here's what I've been up to.

I sold my rear lights, too tinted for me, looked quite tacky. I now have my original lights back on, but I got myself some tint spray so I could have a light tint going on just so they don't stick out too much.
I'm also going to re-ferb the front headlights as they're all scratched and scruffy which is a problem I've noticed allot of clios have? any tips on that would be rad but i think i know what i'm doing. But i'm then also going to apply a very light layer of tint to them to give them the nice look you often see of cars like Audi!
01-1.jpg

I also went to my friends garage who test fitted my new wheels and put in my current bolts in to see if the bolts will work, and apparently the alloy bolts will work on my steelies, so instead of forking out for a nice new set of locking bolts I bought some black covers and I'm going to use my current bolts :) these actually came with a nice set of chrome valves for free!
02-1.jpg

Lastly, these came today (The other two should be here tomorrow), I have them booked in Tuesday to be fitted onto my new wheels, excited is a slight understatement. I went for 165/50 for the 7j and 185/45 for the 8j. But TBH I don't really want to put my new wheels on now as I'll probably just ruin the chrome because of the crap weather, BUT im WAY too impatient! so every time i use the car ill just give them a quick clean haha
03-1.jpg

At some point im going to remove the Nos**t and praise the lowered sticker, ill probably do that tuesday along with the light re-ferb actually.

clio dynamique 16v
Today is indeed tuesday!

I don't really need explain much so here's some photos! BUT YOULL BE PLEASED TO KNOW MOST OF THE STICKERS ARE NOW GONE :D

Front 7j's
01-2_zps35925dbf.jpg

02-2_zpsa74359c8.jpg

8 and 7's together
03-2_zps55a0d74f.jpg

How it looks all together!

06-1_zps7dd4d39e.jpg

05-1_zps72901544.jpg

07-1_zpsa8adb75d.jpg

04-1_zpsfe1701ac.jpg

Last edited:
  clio dynamique 16v
If anyone from the Kent area or maybe surrounding areas (ill cover petrol) wants to give me a hand taking the rear adjuster cups out the rear end that'd help loads! (I say help, I mean pretty much do it for me haha) Will just help make it sit a little nicer!

clio dynamique 16v
every time you go to spend money on it just dont ! just put it in a fund box for a 182.

yyyeeennnnaaaaaaahhhh im fine thanks, as nice as it would be to own a 182, if i was going to save for a better car I would probably go for something different. But I'm happy with what I have now, and it's had all the pricey stuff done to it now!

every time you go to spend money on it just dont ! just put it in a fund box for a 182.

Hate when people say that, it's not like he's spending thousands on it. Just making it his own.

Whipping the adjuster cups out is easy, only one bolt to undo either side if you've got the tools :)

clio dynamique 16v
didnt realise you were only in maidstone! im going to maidstone tomorrow aha, should arrange another meet sometime!

Yeah! Sounds great, now I've got a bit more time on my hands I should be able to make it this time!

Also thanks for the feedback guys! I don't think I have the tools to take the rear cups out myself so if I can't find anyone who can help I'll just take it to a garage when I have some spare dolla, really want some more lows, once it's down that little bit extra I think it'll be sat just right!