ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

The guy in the shop showed me the difference between the three brands that they do, vibe was noticeably the best so i thought if im going to do it, i might as well do it properly :p I didn't hear the edge components tho, only avoided them because of the reviews people have been giving them and i know you can't go wrong with Alpine! :)

reviews say sh*t :p

I like em.. that's all that matters for me lol :p

clio dynamique 16v
Total I installed my spacers! The stance is starting to pick up now... Im toying with the idea that In the summer getting the rear springs dropped by 15/20mm to get it sitting better/lower, however, this is my daily ride.. so I'm not sure if that's a wise choice or not haha. If it doesn't get lowered more, ill deffo buy some wider spacers to get the wheels as flush as I can possibly get them!

You can also see the new wipers and the Silver vision bulbs. I also re installed the white side indicators as the smoked ones were totally rubbish.
Getting the sound system wired up sunday morning, quite excited!
Ignore poor phone quality photos.

01-2_zps8c855553.jpg

03-2_zpscc535393.jpg

02-2_zpsb29e63d6.jpg

Monaco 172
This cars come along way, it looks ace now, could do with another 15mm lower on the rear, but as a daily i'd leave as it, would look amazing with the arch touching the rim, but that would require air ;)
as said earlier, lose the stickers and would be a million times better!

clio dynamique 16v
This cars come along way, it looks ace now, could do with another 15mm lower on the rear, but as a daily i'd leave as it, would look amazing with the arch touching the rim, but that would require air ;)
as said earlier, lose the stickers and would be a million times better!

Thank you very much! :) Yeah it deffo needs the 15mm/20mm all round, till then, I won't be 100% happy with how it sits :( But its already starting to rub! I love the arch touching the rim look so much... Im trying to get as close as i can to that but still keeping this car as my daily! And as for the stickers, I just don't have the heart to get rid of them haha, i like them too much!

clio dynamique 16v
i actually really like this.. even though the colour is really wierd!
loweeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

Thank you! I feel you on the weird colour, im so used to it now tho, love it! and yeahhh the more i look at these photos the more i tell myself it needs to go lower! The front coilies can go down till theyre totally flush, but the rear is as low down as they can go! I rung the guys up at coil spring who can compress the springs down to make them lower for a great price, may have to do that in the summer!

A grey one
What do you mean your fronts go down so they sit flush? i need mine down more on the front, drives me nuts!
oh really that sounds good? keep an eye out on this forum though, i got 90mm custom springs off here and they're aweesome!

clio dynamique 16v
What do you mean your fronts go down so they sit flush? i need mine down more on the front, drives me nuts!
oh really that sounds good? keep an eye out on this forum though, i got 90mm custom springs off here and they're aweesome!

The front coil overs can go down another 20mm/30mm atleast, so itd probs sit flush to the wheel! You on springs all round then? For £45 I can send my current rear springs off to coil spring and theyll compress them down to how ever much I want!

Superleggera'd MK3
I like it mate (minus the stickers lol but if you like then forget what everyone else thinks). When you gonna get the trim sprayed? If it was me, I would get them colour coded with the body rather than doing gloss black (not keen on that look). Keep going with the stance mate, will defo keep my eye on this :)

clio dynamique 16v
I like it mate (minus the stickers lol but if you like then forget what everyone else thinks). When you gonna get the trim sprayed? If it was me, I would get them colour coded with the body rather than doing gloss black (not keen on that look). Keep going with the stance mate, will defo keep my eye on this :)

Thank you! As soon as possible really! I found out that my friend has relatives who do body spraying, so im going to see if i can get a good deal through him on spray, if so, i might just smooth the side trims and get the pannels re-sprayed!

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah that would look even better mate, will look far cleaner. Might cost you a bit more to get smoothing done but if u can get it cheaper through mates relatives then why not :) you thought about debadging or de-wipering the back?

clio dynamique 16v
Yeah that would look even better mate, will look far cleaner. Might cost you a bit more to get smoothing done but if u can get it cheaper through mates relatives then why not :) you thought about debadging or de-wipering the back?

If I smooth the side trim ill smooth the clio logo on the back off too! Want to colour code the black boot button inside the diamond too :) I have thought about it but apparently you have to cut it off? Not sure I want to do that!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
^thats the wiring kit I got, most people say its a sh*t one, but works fine for me aha

Ive got the 2000w wiring kit, all ive had is problems with the rca cables. Keep taking them back as they keep breaking and always had a replacement straight away. Had 5 in 6 months now!!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
If I smooth the side trim ill smooth the clio logo on the back off too! Want to colour code the black boot button inside the diamond too :) I have thought about it but apparently you have to cut it off? Not sure I want to do that!

my friend sprayed his on the car but his was silver and was fairly simple. just take the rear badge and what its held onto off and theres a big gap to play with. just cover the whole back so the spray doesnt get on the car/window etc :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Do you have to smooth behind the clio badge on mk2's? On the mk3 you can just take them off with a hairdryer and some fishing line/card/dental floss :) ah right, not sure how it is with the clio but did it with my brothers seat ibiza the other day and its just a case of removing the motor/pump from inside then threading it through the gap. We had to break a bit of the wiper off though. The plug with a little plastic gromit from halfrauds....10 min job :)

clio dynamique 16v
Because its such an odd colour Id want to get it done properly by a professional... I can imagine if it was done badly itd look obvious and awful... And yeah theres two little holes behind the clio badge, id need to fill those in :)

clio dynamique 16v
Car failed its MOT last week on something to do with the steering ball wearing out? Getting sorted today and re-tested so hopefully it passes so i can go back out in it, miss driving it :(!

For anyone wondering... the tyre stretch passed despite the rear tyres rubbing as well... I saw allot of confusion on the internet with people not actually sure if it passes or not, but there is nothing against it in the book! Happy days!

I also had to take the front sticker off the window, so no more sticker there... that lasted long lol.

I also installed the new sound system... SOUNDS HUGE! I still need to install the tweeters... theyre a bit more of a ball ache that expected! But the originals are easy to pull out WITH OUT taking the dashboard off... which I saw some people say you had to?

I fancy going to my first south eastern meet, so if anyone knows anything about any coming up holla at me! :D

Edition 30
Really like it.

Lose all the stickers and take the Clio badge off the rear for it to look a little better, imo.

Love the height and wheels.

clio dynamique 16v
Really like it.

Lose all the stickers and take the Clio badge off the rear for it to look a little better, imo.

Love the height and wheels.

thanks mate :)

im going to smooth that off when i get the money to get the paint job done

Clio 1.5 dci
Love your thread! Where did you get the smoked rear lights? Check out my thread and give me some ideas if possible! Thank you!

clio dynamique 16v
Thanks guys!

Love your thread! Where did you get the smoked rear lights? Check out my thread and give me some ideas if possible! Thank you!

I got them off ebay, sold them tho, they left off very little light and people flashing me became annoying, hence why ive bought the smoke speay so i can subtly tint them!

TT QS
^ cars look good together! How come you're selling your wheels? if its a personal reason the no answer required lol

Leon FR - Clio Sold.
Hi Mate. Really like the car... All of it, including the stickers. If I was you (and I have done and continue to do) I would put all the stickers in one place? Like all one side of the rear boot window. Top to bottom and it'll look trick.

The wheels are awesome. As said before a fabia splitter is always good. Got one ordered for mine. In fact I've got loads ordered for mine lol including stickers. I love them and so do you. Sod everyone that tell you to remove them, it's your car!

Will keep an eye on this mate. Keep it up.

clio dynamique 16v
Hi Mate. Really like the car... All of it, including the stickers. If I was you (and I have done and continue to do) I would put all the stickers in one place? Like all one side of the rear boot window. Top to bottom and it'll look trick.

The wheels are awesome. As said before a fabia splitter is always good. Got one ordered for mine. In fact I've got loads ordered for mine lol including stickers. I love them and so do you. Sod everyone that tell you to remove them, it's your car!

Will keep an eye on this mate. Keep it up.

Thanks mate! Appreciate it!