ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Green Clio Project build

Clio 2.4 1.2 16V
Looks nice with the steelies mate ! :) I think you should add center caps. ;)

Take those rear adjusters off and lower a little bit more the front then it will look gorgeous !

Flame Red Clio 172
really nice wheel choice! good thing is.. you have a small engine, so have more money to spend on mods. i have a 172.. and all my money goes on fuel :p

clio dynamique 16v
Just a quick question, does anyone know what center caps would fit my new wheels? I know the VW onse will but I wonna just get something a little more basic and cheaper! There's loads on eBay but no idea what will fit!

Clio 2.4 1.2 16V
I have Renault standard ones on my winter steelies and thinks it couldn't look better. ;)

1011281215451206357206452.jpg

7700438116 - around £10 each at Renault and almost free at the junkyard. :)

clio dynamique 16v
I have Renault standard ones on my winter steelies and thinks it couldn't look better. ;)

1011281215451206357206452.jpg

7700438116 - around £10 each at Renault and almost free at the junkyard. :)

I've never seen these before? they do look pretty cool! I wonder if theyll fit the steelies I have?

clio dynamique 16v
Get the door panels and bump panels wrapped carbon fibre or painted gloss black

I was considering getting the roof wrapped in matt black, but i think itll look wrong with the gloss finish on the wheels, but i'm going to spray the black parts on my bumpers satin black to re furb them when the weather picks up!

clio dynamique 16v
What a difference with the wheels nice work.

As said would look so much nicer without the stickers but each to their own :)

Thank you!

Yeah lot's have people have said that... I did go over the top with the stickers at first, But i've taken most of them off now... only have the front sticker and rear stickers now which I really like having there personally but I know they're not everybody's cup of tea!

clio dynamique 16v
So today me and my friend tackled the removal of the rear adjusters, and yes, it was pretty simple! Altho I don't think the difference in height is not something thats noticeable in photos, it's defiantly noticeable in person! but as a result of lowering the back a little more, i now feel the front needs to come down a tad...didnt have time today, but will do it as soon as i have some free time!
I'm also going to invest in some spacers to help fill the gaps out and give it some more stance.
Apologies for the mobile phone quality photos... Im going to get my friend to get some decent shots of this thing soon!

01-2_zps3361e591.jpg

Also, I know this isn't everyones cup of tea, but i replaced the "SoDope" sticker with something a little more subtle, as ive said before i like windscreen stickers.

04-1_zpsb04f1793.jpg

011_zps0eec0480.jpg

03-2_zpsefc95995.jpg

Rear shot of the new lows with my rollin on steelies sticker.
Im not sure about the steelies sticker tho.. bought it ages ago for the front window and then decided on a different sticker, so i chucked this on the back to see how it looked, will probably take it off soon as im not 100% on it.
02-2_zpsc92aa263.jpg

I'm also going to start looking into getting some side skirts, will probably put sattin black side skirts on to keep with running from the front splitter, that or colour code, can't decide haha.
Im also considering a CS rear bumper too...

clio authentique
Hi, you didnt by any chance see how the 8j sat in the front did you?? or could you?
Im planning on getting 8js all round but i know with my turbines on the front i have to put 5mm spacers because the slight camber makes the tyre scrub on the struts...
The wheels im possibly getting are et20 and 8j so the same as your rears so really just wanna get an idea what it will look like before i spend the money... pain in the ass i know but would be great if you could do it! ;) or if anybody has a link to someone thats done it already? Cheers

clio dynamique 16v
Hi, you didnt by any chance see how the 8j sat in the front did you?? or could you?
Im planning on getting 8js all round but i know with my turbines on the front i have to put 5mm spacers because the slight camber makes the tyre scrub on the struts...
The wheels im possibly getting are et20 and 8j so the same as your rears so really just wanna get an idea what it will look like before i spend the money... pain in the ass i know but would be great if you could do it! ;) or if anybody has a link to someone thats done it already? Cheers

I havent actually tried, only because the rears have slightly chunkier tyres! If i have any time soon ill chuck the 8s on the front and take a pic for you! If you try and find a picture of a clio with borbets they have 7.5 on the front i believe, other than that i cant remember where ive seen 8j fronts! I chose 7j fronts as i love staggered wheels!

clio authentique
ahh i see, what you running on the 8'? 185/45s? ive seen them on 8j rota grids but unsure of the et on them you see, whereas yours are the exact ones so that would be great! il keep an eye out for the update, pm me if you do post a pic? cheers!

clio dynamique 16v
ahh i see, what you running on the 8'? 185/45s? ive seen them on 8j rota grids but unsure of the et on them you see, whereas yours are the exact ones so that would be great! il keep an eye out for the update, pm me if you do post a pic? cheers!

That's exactly it bud! 185/45, and I'll pm you if I ever get around to it!

clio dynamique 16v
I like that alot. What size spacers are you planning on getting? Sorry if you've said lol

I'm thinking 5 or 10? I don't want too much but something to help push the wheels out to fill the arch gaps a little more and seeing as I have lots of room because of the stretch then why not?! Haha :)

TT QS
I'm thinking 5 or 10? I don't want too much but something to help push the wheels out to fill the arch gaps a little more and seeing as I have lots of room because of the stretch then why not?! Haha :)

I dont blame you. I really like it. I think the spacers would just finish off the stance tbf

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
looks better than I expected. I would just remove all the stickers and the fat spiltter and fit a fabia one.

clio dynamique 16v
looks better than I expected. I would just remove all the stickers and the fat spiltter and fit a fabia one.

Thanks buddy :D And im happy with my stickers atm, i know its not to everyones taste, but for now they're staying! And i was thinking about getting a fabia splitter, they're a bit neater... Thanks for the feedback tho :)

clio dynamique 16v
I wouldn't space the rear more, needs to go even lower :p

Right, this brings me onto my next point...

The rear is as low as itll go, thats how it sits WITHOUT the cups too. Im thinking, do i just get some lowering springs for the rear to get it down more? As I've still got the shocks in from the coilie set, so surly if i just get some lowering springs for the rear then it'll still be right?

The front believe it or not still has about 30-40mm left before that's at it's lowest... so thats not a problem, its just the rear!

But saying that, I have NO idea what size springs i'd need to get! 60mm? 70mm? what do people think would get it sitting nicely at the back / any ideas how the fack i work it out?!

Your idea of subtle and my idea of subtle are in different postcodes...

Looks good, but the sooner you lose the stickers the less of a joke it'll look.

clio dynamique 16v
Santa was nice and generous today!

20121225_195310_zps150fa408.jpg

I also decided to order myself a sub and amp for my car today, all in one, but im sure it'll do the job...

But i also want to upgrade my tweeters and 13cm speakers in the front...
I really cba with faffing around with cables I literally want a straight swap just to improve the close to death speakers im currently rocking.
I was thinking about getting some pioneer or alpines as ive seen a set for around £50 and i know they're great brands, plus great sales on atm so can get an even better deal!

Any recommendations or advice?

I was thinking of one of these:
http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/sh...s/pioneer-ts-g1323i-3-way-13-cms-1050088.html
http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-sps-13c2_p-21525.htm

Also, can anyone tell me what the difference between a standard swap and component speakers is? I've seen sets of 13cm with tweeters but they mostly all say component on them, and i read something about them needing extra wires?

i have components on mine, means the speaker is doing less work and is just giving out the mids rather than the highs, which the sets with tweeters in the middle do (coaxial), so in theory should give a better quality and all round sound. I don't think it was a straight swap, I had someone do it for me aha.

I got a 4 channel amp which are powering my sub as well as the components :)

I'm sure someone will help you out with the wiring situation or tell me if I'm talking complete bull... Just saying what I've been told :)

clio dynamique 16v
i have components on mine, means the speaker is doing less work and is just giving out the mids rather than the highs, which the sets with tweeters in the middle do (coaxial), so in theory should give a better quality and all round sound. I don't think it was a straight swap, I had someone do it for me aha.

I got a 4 channel amp which are powering my sub as well as the components :)

I'm sure someone will help you out with the wiring situation or tell me if I'm talking complete bull... Just saying what I've been told :)

Oh right! okay, well i spoke to a friend of mine who said he could fit some components for me... all i need to do now is find a sweet set!

Im looking to spend around £60/70 maybe £100 if they're acceptionaly good for the set. I know that Alpine are a very good affordable brand, but i could only find £40 sets or £200 sets, nothing really in between and I've never listened to the cheaper sets before so i dont really know how theyll sound!

If you or anyone could recommend me some component speakers that'd help out!
The only car audio center near me is halfrauds, and Im not sure i can trust them for advice on audio haha... otherwise its an hour drive to london to try out speakers...

clio dynamique 16v
Bit of an update

My new sound system arrived today, along with my spacers, forgot to get pic of the spacers, will do a before and after with them next week when i fit the sound system!

215761_10151361211280932_196042756_n_zps2ee3ab04.jpg

clio dynamique 16v
^thats the wiring kit I got, most people say its a sh*t one, but works fine for me aha

Dont hate, but i got the sub from halfrauds, the cheapest i could find it as they have 10% off on chrimbo! It didnt come with the wiring like it should have, so stormed down there and thats what they gave me...!

Dont hate, but i got the sub from halfrauds, the cheapest i could find it as they have 10% off on chrimbo! It didnt come with the wiring like it should have, so stormed down there and thats what they gave me...!

lol fair enough, i got my sub off ebay... it looks like a halfrauds special though :)

Although I do have all EDGE stuff... it's not as bad as everyone says, and its a massive upgrade from standard anyhow :)

clio dynamique 16v
lol fair enough, i got my sub off ebay... it looks like a halfrauds special though :)

Although I do have all EDGE stuff... it's not as bad as everyone says, and its a massive upgrade from standard anyhow :)

The guy in the shop showed me the difference between the three brands that they do, vibe was noticeably the best so i thought if im going to do it, i might as well do it properly :p I didn't hear the edge components tho, only avoided them because of the reviews people have been giving them and i know you can't go wrong with Alpine! :)