ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Humble Clio

Renault Clio II 16v
Here is a pic of my 1.2 16v which is going in for it's random engine conversion within the coming months.... It's slightly out of focus, but it'll do..

myClio.jpg

It's sat on 17's, its been lowered 35mm all round, tints, body coloured trim, window tints, K-Tec Utopia Spoiler, K&N Apollo, Renault Sport Pack (Rear Lights and Exhaust), Custom Re-Map to open up the Rev Limiter, K-Tec Uprated Clutch, Large ICE Install currently being re-built to change it from a pure audio install to more of a show install (I will post pics of the new build as it is in progress, all the way up to the next show the car attends) I've probably forgotten something, but its not likely to be important..

Let me know what you think.

Mike.

Renault Clio II 16v
VAG 1.8 20Vt out of either a Volkswagen, a Seat Cupra or an Audi... an interesting project for my Garage to undertake.

Renault Clio II 16v
Tom: as above it should be a 1.8 20 Valve Turbo, taken straight out of any appropriate VAG donor car. Apparently its considerably tricker to fit one of these engines in a Clio than it is the usual cars these engines get dropped into, namely the Engine Mounts are quite different, the turbo needs to be moved, the intercooler needs a home and the gearbox will need modification.. ooh and the Instruments and Dash will need some mods... But this is was sponsors are for :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
No easier to put a 2.016v renault in it?? Got to be cheaper.

The 1.8 20vT are good, but cant see how one gonna fit in a clio. My 225 LCR engine would never have got there.

Renault Clio II 16v
dutty: I'll get my garage on it, but I'm being swayed by VAG at the moment, plus I think my Garage really want to do something a little more interesting than just putting a bigger renault engine in a Clio..

*EDIT*

Justin: I'll have to speak with him about any issues he has had, any information about putting a VAG engine into a clio would be of great benefit to myself and my Garage.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio II 16v
A before shot... Pretty much as it came out of the factory, on the Drag strip at Modified Nationals seeing what it can do.. It did 0-60 in 11 dead (HAHAHA!)
DragStrip.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk1 16v
11secs in a 1.2 16v ?? :rolleyes:

ok i just re-read the above, thought u meant 1/4 mile :eek:

Love the colour of car

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I spy underarch neons and lexus lights! ooooooo! Conversion should be good...Hope ur uprating the suspension and brakes.

Renault Clio II 16v
riche: Thanks, its as close to the blue on the v6 as I could find.. Ottoman Blue, it's very metallic, so matching the spoiler up was an absolute nightmare, but its done now :)

AJR: Full brake conversion is a must have, fully adjustable suspension (ride height and dampening courtesy of Koni) should be fitted with great pain (the cost is monstrous)... and your right about the arch lights, they are only the cheap Prism under-arch kit, but I'm changing them out for the Varad Suspension light kit when they arrive, they will be closely followed by the ultra thin Varad under car LED strips, having neon tubes hanging out underneath just isn't my thing if you know what I mean ;)

I'm glad you guys like it.. just drooling over the power some of you have.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
tt clio took alot of work and money, whell alot of jordies time and matts money lol, s**t hot though

Renault Clio II 16v
I believe you may have been looking at the old un-modified picture of me at the drag race. Please look at the top picture of my car after I have done all the mods, with it 35mm lowered all round.

Mike

Renault Clio II 16v
Djw : Thanks, I really like it too, plus its the only colour that I think works well with the Lexus Lights, the second picture doesn't do it justice.. I usually think that the Lexus Lights on clios look far too tacky, and I was aprehensive about getting them... But when I saw it with them on I was pretty damn impressed.. So glad I chose that colour :)

K20 EG Hatch
looks clean mate.
minus a few things would be alot better imo ;)
looking forward to seeing the engine pics etc so keep us posted!
i think he means about getting it lowered properly hehe....

Renault Clio II 16v
Dan: I can only safely drop it any more on the rear.. I'm putting Coilovers on it on Saturday at Demon Tweeks, but I'll probably be raising the back end up once I've put the new install in...

K-Tec just quoted me between £8500 and £9500 parts and labour for a Turbo'd 172 engine :/ ... I think I will be going with the 1.8 20Vt.....

I'll keep you posted.

Renault Clio II 16v
my 1.2 is pushing just under 100bph after opening up the rev limiter, induction and a little bit of exhaust work... It eats most saxos (but I dont suppose thats too tricky)...

So it should do better than most of the smaller cars, but my competitive friend Karl has a 1.4 ibiza pushing a proven 126bph, kind of random...

Golf GTI 1.8T
I'm likeing the sound of that engine conversion, like the look of the car with the colour coding, but IMO lose the lights straight away and I'm not too keen on the exhaust either.

Renault Clio II 16v
Adam: I've taken a VTR's off the line time and time again, but that could just be bad driving on their part...

mitch: The exhaust is coming off in favour of two 4" slash cut pipes in 182 fashion, but bigger and different (if you get what I mean). But thats probably going to wait until I've decided what to do with regards body kit (for me there is only one option... a Modified V6 kit). Until then, the Sebring backbox and pipe will have to stay.. And I wont lose the lights until somebody who has seen it in person shows dislike to them... like I said earlier, I dislike these lights on pretty much every other colour, but they just work with this one :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Zwitta said:
my 1.2 is pushing just under 100bph after opening up the rev limiter, induction and a little bit of exhaust work... It eats most saxos (but I dont suppose thats too tricky)...

So it should do better than most of the smaller cars, but my competitive friend Karl has a 1.4 ibiza pushing a proven 126bph, kind of random...

Not being funny but I dont believe that for a second unless you have had it proven. With that work done I think 85bhp and at a extreme push 90bhp but you would need a lot more work to get 100bhp out of the 1.2 16v.
But good on you for going down the engine conversion route especially the vag 1.8.

Monaro VXR
Zwitta said:
Adam: I've taken a VTR's off the line time and time again, but that could just be bad driving on their part...

mitch: The exhaust is coming off in favour of two 4" slash cut pipes in 182 fashion, but bigger and different (if you get what I mean). But thats probably going to wait until I've decided what to do with regards body kit (for me there is only one option... a Modified V6 kit). Until then, the Sebring backbox and pipe will have to stay.. And I wont lose the lights until somebody who has seen it in person shows dislike to them... like I said earlier, I dislike these lights on pretty much every other colour, but they just work with this one :)

Saw one exactly the same at my renault dealer same lights and colour. thought they looked awful.... :/

Lexus lights are just tacky and every single chavved up nova or corsa has them. Dont be a sheep do something different.

Renault Clio II 16v
wozzaa : so standard lights would be doing something different?? Once I start on the proper body work I will look into different lighting styles and configurations, but for now, the lexus lights stay.. and I like them. so :p nuts to you. hehe

ST
A 100bhp 1.2 16v.....

Can you scan the pic of your cars figures from the RR n stick em up for all to see mate?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL 100bhp out of a 1.2!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahaha! A good day in the renault office. Tell me how you achieved this figure!?

lol, if it was 100bhp then it would be quicker than 11seconds to 60. the 1.6 has 90bhp and i've timed with a gtech at 10seconds. but a 100bhp 1.2 with a chip and exhuast... yeah ok!

Black Clio 182
100bhp in a 1.2 is a nononononono lol, i drive a 1.2 and they are around 65bhp standard so the chances of getting it up to 100bhp is very very unlikely espically if its just an induction kit and stuff. why bother with the engine conversion, its pointless realy, just save the money and buy a faster car like the 182 and then spend the money on modding that engine as you will get much better results.

loads of people with a 1.2 say oh yeah im gonna get an engine conversion and all the same old s**t. how old are you mate? you are only around 20 arent you so i couldnt see and insurance company wanting to touch you for an engine conversion.

a bodykit on a mk2 clio is also a nonononono!! they dont look good at all imo, at best a little splitter kit maybe but even then i feel that there isnt much point on a 1.2