ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mark Fish Clio cup track car

Cup Turbo, Flamer
It's been on the road for 2 weeks now, in that time i came across a few issues that need to be addressed before track day time!

I've got a knock everytime I turn right, something i need to look into.

At the end of the first week, it decided to be difficult and dump all its oil on my drive, nice!!

So this weekend it looked like this again...crappy phone pic

DSC01542.jpg

I had a breif look and it looked as though it had all pissed out of the sanwich plate for the oil cooler, had a look but couldn't really see much, so drained all the coolant (brand new 2 weeks ago!!!!) took the front end off and the rad to get a better look.

The outcome was that the braided hoses were only done up finger tight, shocking really, as I thought i'd done them up as tight as poss!

Armed with a spanner, i tightened them up till they would no more, i also stuck some PTFE tape round the fixings to stop any leaks in the future.

So all my Silkolene Race S engine oil had leaked out even though it was 2 weeks old, replaced with Halfords shizen for the time being, gutted!!

On the plus side, 5 days since then, it still has all its oil and running pretty well!

I forgot how loud the thing is, awesome though!!

Next on the list:

Braided hoses fitted and new fluid

Tidy interior cable

Carbon door cards???

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Random question!..

Were did you pick up the breather pipe for you oil breather pipe?? And waht size was it?

That came with my old Pipercross air filter, need a catch tak ideally TBH not sure of the dimensions either buddy

are those recaro pole positions? how do you find them? i was looking at getting a set for my 197

Awesome, i've driven to the ring numerous times now and have never got out of the car with my back in ruins, great back support and good padding = good times!

172 Race Car
With so much bits taken off its to be expected that something would need attention. Hopefully it will all be ok for track time

M

mini-valver

I had that problem initially with my bradied cooler lines. I nearly shat myself tightening them and it still leaked. Bigger spanner and it was reet!

182 trackday racer
The outcome was that the braided hoses were only done up finger tight, shocking really, as I thought i'd done them up as tight as poss!

I got the tip to run the car untill the oil was hot (about 10-15min on idle) and then re-tighten all the connections. Each one of them could be tightend a lot more after this.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Well, what a few weeks! Been running around like a mad man trying to the last few bits done ready for Brands next Wednesday (27th). Also in that time I had to fit a new bathroom otherwisethe GF would have cut my nuts off!

After tightening my nuts (ooo er misses) on the oil cooler, all has been fine and no leakages!

I wanted to get new springs (harder) get the camber adjusted and get some solid top mounts, but having run out of time I can't get any of those things done, booo!

I'm using this trackday as more of a shakedown, to find any issues and to see how it all handles so I can get a better idea of how I can adjust the set up.

I also go this delivery today....

Image015.jpg

They'll be going on at the weekend!

Bring on Brands I say!!

172 Race Car
Cool beans mate. Hope Brands all goes well. Like you say it will give you an idea on what else needs doing to the car and iron out any niggles. Bedford on Monday certainly did that for me

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Where have the last 4 months gone???!?!

How did it go?

Brands went well cheers, haven't had time refcently to do a write up, but was a really good day, highlighted a few handling issues and also a few knocks and bangs. Need to get the suspension set up as well as some camber, rear springs are shot to bits, no strength in them at all! So that's next on the list. New springs and setting up!

may i ask how much Mark charged you to weld the plates in and bolt up the cage?

I think full cage installation was about £500, but that was because the OMp cage needs towers made up and is an absolute ass to install (Mark's words!!)

Well it's been 6 years since ownership, i decided to treat it the a decent bath, here the full thread but a pic so you get the picture

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=462437

10521_163263503051_558398051_282724.jpg