ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mark Fish Clio cup track car

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Another update....got a delivery....should be fitted st the weekend

DSC01501.jpg

DSC01498.jpg

DSC01496.jpg

DSC01499.jpg

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice project, first time i've seen it! the re-moulds sound lethal! never heard good/bad things about them till reading this..

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I'll give them a go, see what happens!

Only really going to be driven normally going to/from trackdays!

Next on the list will be some new brake fluid, a new battery then hopefully drop it back on the ground!

M

mini-valver

I saw that Jay! You're not just leaving the oil cooler cable tied on are you??

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Loving the wheel bolt blocking the canister pipe, I used a ford sump bung in mine

LOL - just a temp measure untill i find something else to use, now you've told me that i'll use one of those!!

I saw that Jay! You're not just leaving the oil cooler cable tied on are you??

Yeah what's wrong with it like that...cables ties FTW!

I've got a bracket to fix it properly, just a temp measure untill I get some more bits added/fitted

Cup Turbo, Flamer
A big long overdue update….

Spent the last 2 weekends getting the car ready, as it’s so close to being back on the road now!

I ordered some bits and bobs from Renault as I’d lost a few nuts/bolts when taking it apart (I’ll bag them up next time!!) From my day at Bedford last year some time one of the caliper carrier bolts wouldn’t tighten and was just loose, so I ordered a new hub to get it sorted! Wrong! When I started putting things back together it went in fine and no problems at all, so I’ve got a brand new hub just sitting there doing nothing, at least my spares bin is getting bigger!!

Bits and bobs

IMG_1995.jpg

I thought I’d get to work on putting the new discs and pads on

Off with the old

IMG_1996.jpg

On with the new Brembo HCs, CLs and news suspension/hub bolts

IMG_1997.jpg

We connected both the track rod ends back to the hubs, connected the gear linkage and bolted all the calipers back on.

Done the usual checks under the car to make sure we hadn’t missed any bolts and made sure everything was tight – all good!!

I put the 2 front wheels back on and something resembling a car started to appear!! After all the hard craft, saving and 14 month wait – it was nearly there!!

IMG_1999.jpg

I held the bumper up to front as well so I could remember what the front end looked like

IMG_2000.jpg

Looking good!!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
The next job was to sort out the interior – man it was such a mess!!!

I took all the crap out and gave it all a good wipe down and prep’d the interior for painting….took me 2 hours just to do this….

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

I decided to go for a subtle silver colour, nothing to OTT and pretty easy to sort out – Hammerite straight to metal – Hero!

Footwell

IMG_2010.jpg

Rear

IMG_2009.jpg

After I’d given that a day to dry I got my very dusty seats down from the loft, bolted those back in, hooked up the harnesses and stripped all the masking tape and paper off

The finished article…

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

Loving it, loving it, loving it!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
All that's left to sort out now is...

Find reverse gear...went through the box to make sure the linkage was working properly, it wasn't LOL, all 5 forward gears but couldn't get it in to reverse!

Plug the reverse light sensor in

Re route the oil cooler as the piping isn't quite right and secure properly

Fit the braided lines and new fluid (completing before 27th May - Brand RS day)

.....and finally the boring stuff, MOT, Insurance, Tax

Sooooooo close lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you need to play with selector rod joint dude, keep moving it about untill you get all 6 gears!

Looking good btw! I'm in the process of fitting the cage you have in mine! s**t quality fit, taken 3 days so far to just get lined up and get the base plates made!

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Looks great,

got any photos of the relocated battery (sorry if you have added ones, but I couldn't find any)

I'll try and find some for you mate, i've just stuck it in the spare wheel well, out the way there!

you need to play with selector rod joint dude, keep moving it about untill you get all 6 gears!

Looking good btw! I'm in the process of fitting the cage you have in mine! s**t quality fit, taken 3 days so far to just get lined up and get the base plates made!

Got there in the end! Took a while, found what we thought was reverse but went forward instead!

It's back on the ground!!!!!

It passed it's MOT first time, no probs, insured up to my eyeballs and Tax all sorted!!!

I'll get some pics up tonight, i best clean it ready for some meets i guess!

172 Race Car
great its all done, mine is in for mot tomorrow. look forward to having a poke around yours at a trackday soon

Bumder With A Buffer
Random question!..

Were did you pick up the breather pipe for you oil breather pipe?? And waht size was it?

IMG_1926.jpg