ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
TBH it's sort of to be expected, it's generally when you see who your friends are.

Exactly.

It weeds out the dross and shows you who your proper mates are.

Sit at your desk and blow your nose with twenties, that will f**k them off.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive got a £50 note in my purse lol

the bit that worries is if people kick up a fuss i will be told i cant park on site and then i honestly give it a week before its stolen or vandalised.

meh not much i can do other than keep my head down and keep quiet i guess

Buy a £50 snotter for work, lord it up over the weekend in the Aston. Win win.

Frankly I wouldn't want to take a car like that to work anyway, but then that might have something to do with the s**te cars get covered in at my place.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You f**king what?

Why wouldn't you be allowed to park on site?

"I'm sorry Laura, but you've got a better car than everyone else, so some of the salesmen feel like their peni' are retracting inside of their bodies. In order to ensure the poncy motherf**kers can still piss standing up, you've got to f**k off and park elsewhere".

Or are you actually not allowed to park non audi vehicles on site?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its not the buying of a s**t car thats the problem its the insuring it, 0 ncb as they are in use on this

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yeah it is but insted of being happy for me people are b**ching behind my back, not very nice.

Probably think you are paying for it by prostitution or drugs, rather than realising its by having low outgoings by living at home.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
its not the buying of a s**t car thats the problem its the insuring it, 0 ncb as they are in use on this

Oh the irony of having such a baller car and not being able to afford to drive a shitter, FLOL

Im sure they will think you are REALLY taking the p*ss if you say "sorry I have to drive this, I cant afford to come to work in a fiat panda"

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'd walk out laughing if my boss told me that! The money might have nothing to do with work!

Won a big scratchcard bunch of pricks!

SG9 Forester STi
Awesome choice Laura, love that colour!

Sod the people at work, uber jealousy by the sounds of it :).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Probably think you are paying for it by prostitution or drugs, rather than realising its by having low outgoings by living at home.

and saving hard by not going on flash holidays, having meals out and treating myself... its not just about living at home you know its been alot of hard work and sacrifices

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh the irony of having such a baller car and not being able to afford to drive a s**tter, FLOL

Im sure they will think you are REALLY taking the p*ss if you say "sorry I have to drive this, I cant afford to come to work in a fiat panda"

There's hardly any irony there TBH, any "normal" person the buys an AM at 25 is going to have tied most of their money up there, not to mention that getting a second insurance policy with 0ncb at that age is quite extortionate.

and saving hard by not going on flash holidays, having meals out and treating myself... its not just about living at home you know its been alot of hard work and sacrifices

But, does everyone else at work drive an audi? This is the important bit.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
How ridiculous! Jealousy will always come as a result of something like that though. I work part time and I'm a university student at 19 and although it's not quite on par with an Aston, I experience quite a bit of jealousy with people at uni and sometimes work colleagues too just because I drive a new-ish RS Twingo...

My view is that there's no need for jealousy, my ethic is that if you work hard enough, there's no reason why you can't have an Aston too...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Indeed im sure there is more to it than that, but its certainly going to be a major factor which is why I gave that example, no need to be defensive, I wasnt saying it in a negative way.

Ive had plenty of mates who have chosen a flash car instead of buying a starter house as where to spend their money in their 20s, its quite funny when you are out places and people assume that they have masses of money just cause of the car they drive, when in some cases they were literally having to be careful not to run out of fuel cause they couldnt afford to put more back in it till they got paid, and if it needed tyres it would be off the road for a month waiting for them out of the month after's wages.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
any one that doesnt have a company car isnt currently allowed on site, we were all used to up until very recently, but i never did because there wasnt enough room for everyone to park on top (there is a dedicated level on the car park) so i used to park off site so the women who were scared of walking in the dark could park up there.

its gone quiet now so fingers crossed its sorted.

Just done an insurance quote on a pug 106... 2.6k.. yeah thats not happening lol

oh well just have to go with the flow :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Where do you work? I'm guessing its not rough if it's at Audi. Am i that naive thinking it wouldnt be stolen if off site?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Its not always about jealously though, a company will always have a certain image to project, and having an Aston parked outside your Audi dealer probably isnt what the dealer principle will want imho. Customers will think that they are doing a little too well! For example, as an asset finance broker, having turned up to clients in my M3 last year, their instant reaction is 'oh your doing very well for youself arent you, bankers are obviously charging us too much' ... this is despite it being an £8k e46 with 100k miles on the clock.

If i turned up to work in an Aston, id probably be asked to park it round the back as well lol.

Your house to Dad's in the Aston, borrow Dad's R8, drive to work, swap at the end of the day. Only a small fee ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hahaha, its in the staff only car park on level 6, you could have a naked lesbian party up there and a customer would never know.

ah well enough talk of this now, its ruining my happy mood.

cant wait to get a nice dry day in it take it up to the topd and get a propper feel

Evo 5 RS
LOVE it. Lucky bint. Is it a manual? Sorry if I've missed that already I didn't want to wade through the pre-cum that's been posted x

Evo 5 RS
Indeed im sure there is more to it than that, but its certainly going to be a major factor which is why I gave that example, no need to be defensive, I wasnt saying it in a negative way.

Ive had plenty of mates who have chosen a flash car instead of buying a starter house as where to spend their money in their 20s, its quite funny when you are out places and people assume that they have masses of money just cause of the car they drive, when in some cases they were literally having to be careful not to run out of fuel cause they couldnt afford to put more back in it till they got paid, and if it needed tyres it would be off the road for a month waiting for them out of the month after's wages.

There's a car in my mates workshop, which coincidentally is actually a V8 Vantage. It's an 2009 plate and it has 5k on it. The tyres are original, all cracked and not MOT worthy. The bloke just couldn't afford to run it all this time. Genuinely.

Not that this is the case for Laura, just saying - your point is very much valid

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
lol. Go and sit in one then come back to this thread.

Pictures do not describe the epicness.

You cant tell me that you think the steering wheel looks nice. I've just never seen one like that before. All the Astons i have driven/moved/been in have been lovely so im sure this is the same but that steering wheel spoils it imo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cant say i have ever considered the aesthetics of a steering wheel tbh. Its round and turns the wheels lol.

Also - arent Aston steering wheels all the same anyways? V8V, DB9 & DBS - all very similar?

Evo 5 RS
I know they're almost if not identical in the DB9 and Vantage, not that you pay much attention to it when you've got the rest of the car around you

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
lol.

feeling a little bit of negative enegry at work thats for sure :(

What do you do for a job out of interest?

Being in the position to own an Aston at your age, wow, that's epic.

I had a similar feeling owning a Ph1 172 at 18 lol...

Love the car!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
LOL @ not liking an Aston because of the steering wheel.

Reminds me of the "would not bang" pictures.
When did i say i don't like Astons or Lauras for that matter. I was clearly stating that i thought it looked a bit bland. I would love to be in her position and i would love to have an Aston (DBS)