ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Lol no it's still on my drive and my bank account still doesn't look what it did at the start of the week!!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Ruby is the name of my 1994 mk1 mx5....

Your Ruby is considerably cooler!

Epic choice, epic bird tbh.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Pretty much the same decision process I went through when buying my Golf. Yeah my Golf was only £7k but obviously I earn less ;). Still, I thought "f**k it, I'm young and want a half decent car".

This thing is gorgeous, best colour too!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Lovely! Must sound great.

One thing I'd hate about it though......parking! I'd be so paranoid if someone bumped into it.

Wow, nice purchase. Similar attitude to me, I could die tomorrow so may as well get the best I can afford now and worry about being sensible later. Although yours is on a much more expensive scale than mine Lol.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Well done, awesome purchase. I know your not supposed to ask, but how old are you? Also on the dealer front, did you get a test drive straight away, or did you have to show you had the money available?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I am massively jealous laura :(

Im still trying to convince my old man to get an Aston next :( not going well..

Enjoy it!

I went wrong in life somewhere... Im only 22 so can still redeem myself haha

172 Cup
Massive respect. Glad you have warranty. My mates had over 15k worth of work in under 12 months. Biggest expense was a new clutch (£4k)

This thread is actually making me little sad. Just been browsing pistonheads and seeing all the amazing cars you can get for under £20k and all the time knowing my next car will be a derv :(

cheshire life!

looks brilliant and effortless, must be a great feeling opening the garage to that and having the security to afford it.

enjoy it as im sure you will.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Wasn't expecting that car when I clicked on the thread,

All I can say is, that car is immense, I might be slightly jealous :eek:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
:eek: holy f**king jesus christ! that is simply amazing! love the shot from the front of the brick road looks so mean! good on you for doing it!!

can i ask how old are you?

Edit : FML you are 1 year older than me :eek: awesome!

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
What a beautiful car!
I wish I hadn't bought my house so young, if not I'd be able to afford something like this for a few years until settling down.

Fair play for going for it, I get a lot of jealousy from people for having a £7k M3, comes with the territory really. There's very few people who will be happy for you in the real world, most just want to drag you down.
I've always been jealous in a good way, and wanting to work hard to achieve something that others have, not put them down because they've made it.

The only thing you need to do is make sure you keep putting plenty of photos up for us to drool over!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Thanks again guys and girls.

im 25 for those asking. I've got my dad talking about rs4s again! Litteraly everyone bar a couple of people can see why I've done it which is nice.

Parking is a worry I guess ill be walking further lol and parking in the depths of Outer Mongolia

Astra Twintop
Thanks again guys and girls.

im 25 for those asking. I've got my dad talking about rs4s again! Litteraly everyone bar a couple of people can see why I've done it which is nice.

Parking is a worry I guess ill be walking further lol and parking in the depths of Outer Mongolia

That's the only thing I'd be careful of with such a car, parking it, and people getting jealous.

E46 320CD
Lovely car, nice box to have ticked. what's it like to drive?

Just out of curiosity, does it cost a small fortune to insure?

An orange one
Wow best upgrade ever??? Hats off to you for just going balls out and doing it! :)

In that price range, I'd have found it too hard to walk past all the GTR's though....or a 6 month old m3 :D

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Wow best upgrade ever??? Hats off to you for just going balls out and doing it! :)

In that price range, I'd have found it too hard to walk past all the GTR's though....or a 6 month old m3 :D

serious? comparing an m3 which you see everyday on the roads and wouldn't feel all that special compared to an aston martin hmm :slap:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Even if I had won the euro millions, an M3 or a GTR wouldn't even be on my list!

An orange one
Mine neither, but it was 2 alternatives which a lot of folk would consider,

although if I won big.. I think I could squeeze a tuned 1000hp gtr in the garage lol,

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
you will need to start a thread when it comes to the upkeep of it..because im curious :eek: and just want to see more pictures :evil:

I think for 40k i would have to of looked at a ferrari 355 aswell :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Come on Colin. A man of your taste comparing a GTR to an Aston Martin.

Can you see James Bond in a Nissan?