ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car - Trophied up Much....

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Hi guys, been a member for a few years now, used to have a 172 cup which i loved but tried a few other cars, and like so many others came right back!! Im so chuffed with the new car, shes lovely!! Was a bit of a marathon to pick her up on Saturday...

Buckingham to Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes to Euston, Tube to Waterloo, and then eventually a train to Salisbury!!

Was deffo worth it tho...

217d4103.jpg

afd918d9.jpg

a0b757d7.jpg

297cab12.jpg

And gave her a little treat on the way home lol

65778b11.jpg

The car is standard other than:
  • Trophy Recaro's (has trophy plate still attached!)
  • Trophy anthracite turini's
  • Brembo HC front discs
  • Braided front lines
  • Horrid EBC Deathstuff (green) pads

The cars really tidy, but there are a few little jobs i need to do...

• Both front headlight washers are leaking so i have two non return valves for the washer lines and need to fit them, hopefully this will fix (search buttons my friend lol)
  • Get a Ipod connection kit from MT Audio
  • Get tomtom iphone car kit hardwired (if i can find external aerial thats compatible)
  • replace steering wheel

Otherwise a damn good detail at the weekend will see her right! :D

Oh and i named her Lola, sad i know but my mrs thought of it!!

Yep, thats the road just outside Buckingham up to stowe.

I live in Buckingham also mate and had a cup until i sold it a few months back. What was the reg on your old cup, wondering if you had my brothers old one KP52KVC i think it was?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Yep sure is!! Great road, and some really nice locations for pics, but these are just with 3GS!

Nope mine was KV52 FDA.. black turinis etc, sold it to a guy from cambridge about 4 1/2 years ago. U still got a clio nowadays??

Unfortunately not, i am driving an audi a3 2.0t at the moment but not getting on with it, nice car just a bit boring. Going to see if i can buy my cup back from the lady i sold it to! How is the 182 compared to the cup?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
well its not as rattly as the cup or as noisy (i had a full orbisoud race system on min lol!), this was one of 8 i test drove in 6 days and felt the most "together" no knocks, squeaks or rattles, and hose recaro's made all the difference! And i would have ended up getting turinis at some point!! Its nice having the creature comforts, as im a bit older now im liking it a lot!! auto lighs wipers etc as im getting lazy too lol

I sawtwo that in comparison were complete sheds!! This has receipts for everything, including belts etc. Sham about the greenstuffs! some ds2500 will be on order shortly!

clio 197
Mate the Stowe school road is amazing... I work on the tinge wick road in Buckingham :) maybe see you about in it. I drive an ultra red 197 with black wheels there's another guy we ultra red in buckingham tooo...

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Do u live up by the church by any chance?? There's a lovely red 197 withblack wheels I always have a good stare at when walking to the woolly for a beer!

Corsa Van. Meh.
I viewed this before I bought mine. Was a very good example. Made an offer but the guy didn't accept.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Lol yeah I was on a budget and this stretch it to the max, gonna save and in a year I'll have a vee! Lol

clio 197
Lol yeah I was on a budget and this stretch it to the max, gonna save and in a year I'll have a vee! Lol

Na the only other iv seen in buckinham is ultra with silver wheels. Must be three about then. Common as s**t :-(
don't Spose you were on m40 today I past one looking like this...

Tis very nice car tho mate

Megane 225 F1
I nearly went to look at this one. Then decided I wanted a racing blue lol.

Did you enjoy the salisbury plain roads like ash mentioned?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Camera flash and petrol! Good combo!

Car looks good though!

Unless you have a magic iPhone with a flash them I knew I was safe lol there's always one!

Yeah the roads over that way were lovely, but I was in the mrs car with the roof down chilling, it's a diesel too so no point lol

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Camera flash and petrol! Good combo!

Car looks good though!

iPhone = no flash = sarcy comment =FAIL lol

Yeah roads were lovely, some real nice twisties along the road between the A303 I think it was and Salisbury! I took it steady on way home, always nervous when I get a new car! I averaged 41.7 over 144 miles on way back.... Shows how steady I was! Loving the cruise control too!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Lol this tapatalk app on iPhone is laggy!! Hence the two posts, thought the first one had vanished!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Fitted some xenon style side light bulbs tonight, pretty pleased how they look...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 86
  172 5HED
Unless you have a magic iPhone with a flash them I knew I was safe lol there's always one!

LOL, PMSL, ROFL.

I dont have an iphone so I wouldnt know if they have a flash or not!

But considering you're advised agaisnt any phones on a petrol forecourt (even "magic" iPhones)....

There's "always one" who takes pointless pics too. Like what fuel they put in their car!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Tidy looking car. Isn't it just a cup packed 182 with anthra turinis & trendlines though? :S

Have you fitted sachs dampers aswell?