ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new spoiler

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 04 July 2005

special family discount one off, allready enquired about getting another, no chance sorry
can i have yours then?

ricjax99: on my order form from RFS it says clio sport dynaminque so in my eyes its a sport and i dont race so no prob people thinkin its slow. i like my driving licence.

loony: i am an engineer so in week my overalls ae dirty just leave it on most weekends, take it off sometimes

The Big Yin: want to lower it but not worth it as gettin rid in a year or so, so not going to bother

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 05 July 2005
ricjax99: on my order form from RFS it says clio sport dynaminque so in my eyes its a sport

Thats just ghey, its not a renault sport mate. Each to there own but ive never been a fan of "wannabe" stickers/decals. In my eyes its as bad as putting "turbo" under there when it clearly doesnt have one :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 05 July 2005

loony: i am an engineer so in week my overalls ae dirty just leave it on most weekends, take it off sometimes

Ah makes sense. They must tear after a while? You not considered a material type one the likes of Garage techs sometimes use. I know castrol used to make them not sure who else or where other than the likes of a toolman or snap-on stockist might sell them though.

its not a wanna be or else i would ave put renault clio sport on other side, imo will scan order form and post it soon.

Ill agree to disagree with you on whether it should be there, no doubt it says it on the order form but it still didnt come with that badge ;)

Nevertheless, the spoiler looks great! :D

VRS

fair nuff it aint from the Renaultsport Collection but the dynamiques and extremes are classified as the Clio Sport Collection by Reno so even though it aint a speedy 172/182/v6 he is still driving a sports model so y not put on a badge imo

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 05 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 05 July 2005 loony: i am an engineer so in week my overalls ae dirty just leave it on most weekends, take it off sometimes Ah makes sense. They must tear after a while? You not considered a material type one the likes of Garage techs sometimes use. I know castrol used to make them not sure who else or where other than the likes of a toolman or snap-on stockist might sell them though.[/QUOTE]

Ive got a cool Snap On Racing one :D never actually use it mind :-S lol

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 05 July 2005
Ill agree to disagree with you on whether it should be there, no doubt it says it on the order form but it still didnt come with that badge ;)

Nevertheless, the spoiler looks great! :D

There was a small number of the model that he is commenting about and there insurance group very high for the engine of the car, I believe its something like a 1.2 and the insurance group is 12.

One with a few more

Thats just ghey, its not a renault sport mate. Each to there own but ive never been a fan of "wannabe" stickers/decals. In my eyes its as bad as putting "turbo" under there when it clearly doesnt have one :cry:
I think youre being dead rude. If someone wants to modify their car to improve its styling, then its up to them what they stick on it. just coz you and several others on here are unbelievable renaultsport snobs. PLEASE!

I have one on my CLIOsport as well. and i purchased it way before I even knew much about Clios and I didnt know until I actually joined here that RSs even had them! It was bought for the exterior styling effect (as my invoice for purchase said clio-sport) it would have and it is sitting on top of a nurenbourg ring sticker so its not trying to immitate a Renaultsport at all

Loads of people on here with renaultsport spoilers and bumpers havent bought them so their car looks like a sport model just so they look faster! People put this stuff on to improve the aesthetic qualities of their car, and I find it hypocritical of you to commend an aftermarket CUPspoiler and have a go just coz he has a sticker with sport on it too!

[Edited by clairesclio on 06 July 2005 at 5:27pm]

i get the seat covers free from my uncle no they dont rip i ave about 20 in my boot so when they rip just put another on, where are these snap on ones from ?? cheers for comments

Quote: Originally posted by clairesclio on 06 July 2005

I think youre being dead rude. If someone wants to modify their car to improve its styling, then its up to them what they stick on it. just coz you and several others on here are unbelievable renaultsport snobs. PLEASE!

If thats referring to my comment in any way (im not sure if it was) then.. wo wo.. wo-wo.. I was referring to it being on that side as opposed to where they normally are. tbh I dont have a problem with people putting badges on their car whatsoever.. Ive done it in the past..

Remapped derv Golf

Is the roof a different shape on the cars with sunroofs?

The Cup spoiler seems to fit flusher on sunroofed models.

Its only a sport badge... why do people get so edgy about them all the time?

If he had 2.0 16V badges then that is a different matter ;)

Dynamiques/Extremes are the only genuine "Clio Sport" models, so the badge is technically correct. Everyone calls the 172/182/V6 "Clio Sport" but they are in fact "RenaultSport" Clios, hence why we have the RS badge on the left.

Sorry to be pedantic, but he isnt claiming to have a "RenaultSport", he is correctly displaying his "Clio Sport"!!!! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 06 July 2005

i get the seat covers free from my uncle no they dont rip i ave about 20 in my boot so when they rip just put another on, where are these snap on ones from ?? cheers for comments

Google snap-on they must have an online site. If no good drop me a PM and ill ask how much they are from the snap-on guy next time hes in at work fella.

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 07 July 2005

Dynamiques/Extremes are the only genuine "Clio Sport" models, so the badge is technically correct. Everyone calls the 172/182/V6 "Clio Sport" but they are in fact "RenaultSport" Clios, hence why we have the RS badge on the left.

Sorry to be pedantic, but he isnt claiming to have a "RenaultSport", he is correctly displaying his "Clio Sport"!!!! ;)

well thank f**k for that! i thought i was going to be the first to post this. man some of you really dont have a clue! this guy has got it right ^^ sorry guys, but my 1.2 is also a sport model ;) like he said, 172s etc are renault sports...

& another quick one, looks like a better "cliosport" decal to me....