ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

Suppose I'll make an official thread now. Half assed pictures because it had got mucky again after 5 minutes, and I'm not really that bothered to take pictures ATM!

Well, here it is...
DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

The Mods I bought it with are;
  • Atmospheric Dump Valve (pretty quiet one)
  • The "channel tunnel" exhaust. Consists of decat/downpipe/catback in 3 inch judging by the look of it, and a stainless manifold. I want a quieter one in all honesty, this is just going to get me pulled every other time I drive.
  • Despoilered
  • Arches Rolled
  • De-wipered (I had to bung the holes)
  • Short Shifter and Razo Gearknob

Unfortunately after a good clean, the paintwork is a lot worse than I first noticed. Basically, it looks like Ray Charles resprayed it, then Stevie Wonder went to town on it with a rotary. Pretty gutted I didn't notice it was so bad TBH.

First things first though, I've bought or am waiting to buy the following;

• Japspeed Alloy Rad
  • New Thermostat
  • Grade 7 NGK Spark plugs
  • Oil
  • Coolant
  • Oil Filter
  • Driftworks Magnetic Sump Plug
  • Fuel Filter
  • Air Filter (Probably just a paper one for the service until I research a decent aftermarket one)

I've also got a set of R33 GTS-T Front Calipers with braided hoses to refurb, then will set about the minor chassis/arch rust, ridiculous exhaust, terrible paint, horrible stance/ride height, orangeness and tiny standard wheels with gash Aurora Tyres.

Awesome!

The arches being already rolled is a sign!

Flushness.

Sure is. It was always going to be put on coilovers anyway. Those will probably be June's pay packet. Rims will be the hard choice, I don't like paying ridiculous amounts on wheels that look like they have been dragged along a quarry, just because they are JDM.

Looks nice, not sure about the lack of spoiler though. Strangely enough, I sold my 200SX S14A yesterday. It was quite sad to see it go! I hope you have as much fun in it as I had in mine!

albi 197
One of my mates has one of these :) awesome cars, 2 - 3k into the engine see's over 300bhp and with a decent set of coilovers they handle pretty well too.

ph1 track weapon
seems the world of CS is going jap! Picked up my 14a off a guy on sxoc a few weeks back now, and i love it! Supposed to be running 300.5bhp (have a dyno printout) but the boost controller needs a pro to set it up (i've done the best i can, and it runs ok, bearing in mind it wouldnt go above 3k rpm when i purchased it)

Mines missing the front splitter though, which makes it look a tad ghey!

loving yours. VOLK TE37s would look awesome in a nice dark colour!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
One of my mates has one of these :) awesome cars, 2 - 3k into the engine see's over 300bhp and with a decent set of coilovers they handle pretty well too.

Are you joking? About £500 see's not far off 300..haha!

ph1 track weapon
yeah but in 2nd hand parts though tom. Buying it all new probabaly equates to a couple of thousand

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
yeah but in 2nd hand parts though tom. Buying it all new probabaly equates to a couple of thousand

Ok ok but no need for brand new haha. Mine was 289 bhp with a filter, exhaust and decats, fmic, remap, plugs and fuel pump..

Still not much over a grand really.. thats the beauty of the SR20

ph1 track weapon
mine's down on power somewhere, but i'm not quite sure where/how. running the same spec as yours but at a guess i reckon its not running the right chip or something, as to hazard a gues i'd say its only on about 250 at most

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
mine's down on power somewhere, but i'm not quite sure where/how. running the same spec as yours but at a guess i reckon its not running the right chip or something, as to hazard a gues i'd say its only on about 250 at most

They do seem to arrange alot. Mine was tested on two sets of rollers though. Check for boost leaks. The standard intercooler is good for that..haha

ph1 track weapon
got a greddy front mount, and no leaks i can tell of. its going in for some work thursday so hopefully they'll find out

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh didnt see it on ur list of bits. Get a fuel pump on there if you havent already. (suspect you have)

Tint the front indi's too. Looks alot meaner..;)

plate.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
got a greddy front mount, and no leaks i can tell of. its going in for some work thursday so hopefully they'll find out

hang on read your last post saying it wouldnt go above 3k? you paid for a car that had a problem? hope you got it cheap... if it wont go over 3k and then ends up soundling like a machine gun loosing all power, you have a boost leak, the maf is going nuts and putting it in limp mode... or fuel cut... might be that your maf is dead...

Goodies/Necessities...
28042010181.jpg

28042010182.jpg

Japspeed Alloy Rad, Driftworks Magnetic Sump Plug, oil & fuel filters and a new thermostat. Shame the rad cap doesn't seem to come off the alloy rad, which will make checking fluid level in the rad a ball ache. Disappointed if that's the case, but, I hope it's not meant to open and have to be sent back.