ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Project (Pic heavy)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
i apologise in advanced for crap pics will try get more in the daylight - anyways fitted the carbon bonnet still needs a refurb but wanted to see how it looks

wheel *****s sticker will be off when its furbed its covering laqure peel and came with the bonnet anyways pictures :

04122009420.jpg

04122009421.jpg

04122009422.jpg

05122009426.jpg

05122009427.jpg

Cheers for looking

going to get my grill sprayed black looks out of place in that blue colour dont match tbh

C+c welcome

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I agree carbon looks a lot better on black cars, a lot less subtle. Each to there own tho I have a 5 door nobody likes those lol

Megane RS 250
Good work mate...you can always swap for a 182 when you can afford the insurance and recycle a lot of pieces on it!

I got lucky that in my country a few years ago they passed a law that allow to get the same insurance class of your parents if you live with them for the 1st car. The 172 is the first car i own and i pay 680 euros a year!! It would be around 3000 without that law.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Good work mate...you can always swap for a 182 when you can afford the insurance and recycle a lot of pieces on it!

I got lucky that in my country a few years ago they passed a law that allow to get the same insurance class of your parents if you live with them for the 1st car. The 172 is the first car i own and i pay 680 euros a year!! It would be around 3000 without that law.

cheers mate i wont be swaping parts over to a 172 though

after xmas i am puting on 172 rear axle and brakes seting up abs and cross drilled and ventilated disks upgrading brake fluid and fiting braded hoses - all in preperation for the 172 engine being put in

cheers

Megane RS 250
Isn't it dangerous? Here if they get you with a different engine in you can risk to lose your license and even your car, and if you have an accident with others involved the insurance doesn't cover.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate, Nice project.

Only thing im not a fan of is the yellow calipers and mats.

Still coming a long nicely though.

cheers mate at the start went for an all black theme but wanted a bit of colour and when i got new caliper carriers it was 2 tone silver and black so decided to do it yellow. got a spare set of wing mirror covers coming going to do them yellow see how they look - cheers again

Fair play mate, on the non sport calipers i really think the fronts should be silver or black and the drums just plain black but thats me personally, Also ive only ever liked the coloured wing mirrors on track look cars.. But again its your car :)

Less is more imo.

Carbon bonnet looks spot on!

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
drums on mine are black for now but will have the disks on back in new year - as for the wing mirrors im just going to try it to see how it will look not sure if i will keep them you never know you might like them lol

i totaly agree with the less is more but bordum brings me to do things to it only thing setting it apart from the rest of the crowd really is for 1 its not a sport and 2 it has a carbon bonnet

apriecate the comments cheers

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
no banging noise. no movement, tighter tbh. ive got them on the van too. handles better

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
as mick said there awesome lol

Bought Vectra VXR seats tonight need someone to manufacture subframes if anyone can help please contact me

test fitted them but need subframes maybe modify standards dont know

if anyone can help please do

Cheers

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
The Seats :

Test fitted to see if they would fit need subframes if anyone could help make some up or knows how i could get them to fit in the clio on standard subframes all help apprietated :

07122009433.jpg

07122009431.jpg

07122009432.jpg

Cheers

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Done a cupple things today :

half striped out the rear :

21122009454.jpg

21122009456.jpg

No pasenger seat as im waiting on someone geting back to me on some custom subframes for the vxr seats

And Cupra R Splitter :

21122009463.jpg

21122009462.jpg

21122009461.jpg

Cheers

C+c Welcome

Ps sorry about the mess will hoover it out when i have the chance

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE

not much of an update but for those of you who care

• Carbon bonnet will be going away to get refurbed january
  • When thats in bumpers will be geting colour coded
  • Got ph1 sidestrips colourcoded and coming in january aswel
  • Once subframes are made and vxr seats are in cars going away to get custom exhaust
  • Then doing something in the back were seats were dont know what yet though tidying it up i think.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That splitter looks terrible!! Like a plank of wood bolted on.

You were doing so well! :(

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Can i ask why you are putting PH1 side strips on it ?

Nice car though.

Sam

will be puting them on because when colour coded they will look more stelthy i think anyways

daniel - yeah i know a bit marmite some like some dont im personaly undecided at certain angles it looks good but at some it looks proper W**K but i butcherd the old splitter geting it off so untill im decided on what to do wether to buy a new one or not thats staying

cheers

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Ace car dude, apart from the engine bay, it's the carbon copy of mine lol!

Good taste ;)

Where did you get those top mounts from bud? I really need some for mine.

bmw e92 330d '09

Good taste ;)

i think he bought em off somebody on here but there on k-tec's website, there's a link on a previous page. :)

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member

Good taste ;)

lol engine bay is a bit diffrent now changed induction kit and put a cold air feed in (doesnt make any difference)

and i bought the topmounts from ktec mate first non sport to have them iirc

225 Cup & Williams
Really like your car mate quite subtle but it does look good. Where abouts did you get the wheel nut caps from?

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers

Got them from someone on here mate pretty sure you can get them from vauxhall but its pretty pricey just do a serch on google you should find them pritty easy