ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Recent Adventures...

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Well first off the plastic retainer clip broke in the drivers side door pillar, luckily on the drive, resulting in this catastrophe...

Photo0022.jpg

Photo0021.jpg

So we got that sorted, £266 later :mad: Oh, and it wasnt covered under warranty surprise surprise!

So after that, I decided to give the wheels a spruce up before Trax, making sure they be shinin' yo. So imagince this X 4 .... (well 5 actually if including the spare ;) And a coat of wax afterwards, didnt have any PB WS at the time.

Got some really funny looks from neighbours and “your obsessed” comments too.

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Photo0040.jpg

Photo0045.jpg

Next on my list to do is clean the underside of the car, ie, the exhaust as best as, and the spare wheel base as its Caked in sh1t. But that’s not an urgency.

And found this little beauty which I finished 2 years ago in my 2nd year of design at uni and completely forgot about. Im planning to do some more in the next few weeks to brush up on my free hand sketches, so please feel free to post HI RES images of your 172’s/182’s etc. All go towards my portfolio too. This was a first stab at renderring i must add.

Photo0047.jpg

Comments welcomed chaps and chapettes.

Adam :cool:

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Wheels look good... but trax isnt for like another month!

£266. Why so much? When my front window smashed, i got it all sorted for £35...

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
You did a good job with the wheels. Mine are covered in crap and nothing I tried would get it off! What did you use?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
HOW MUCH! I did mine for £60 (for the part) when my motor got boned and I bought a replacment and fitted it, mine looked like that lol.

Wheels look good... but trax isnt for like another month!

£266. Why so much? When my front window smashed, i got it all sorted for £35...

Needed a complete window regulator and clips to match. Could have gone to the scrappy and got some 2nd hand ones but then thats not reliable, so could end up with the same problem 6 months down the line.

Oh well... lol.

And i know Trax aint for another month, but i dont use the car as a daily driver, I got a push bike for work, miles down - cleanliness up! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A very random selection of pictures!

Did a good job on the wheels though, they look new!!

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Good job with the wheels, when I got my new wheels I started washing them like that once a month. Yeah you don't half get funny looks from the neighbours haha

A Flamin' Red one
Your window! Gull wing, 'yo!

Just out of interest, why would you have thought it was covered on the warranty - or have you just purchased it?

Either way, good work on all accounts :) .

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice one dude.

Although they have had your pants down with the regulator.

I went to joshydee and paid £15 for a new window & £35 for a new regulator on my old 1.2 and it was fine....

Live and learn though eh :D

Yeah bought it in Feb, got a 5 star RAC Warranty which was "apparently" the ball's policy, turns out it covers you for sweet F.A!

Love finding out how much money i could have saved after Ive forked out hard earned! Never mind, Ill know who to ask next time anything goes wrong before i go ahead and take it somewhere eh!

Cheers chaps