ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My recovery job for today...

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So this morning I get a call from someone I got friendly with in magaluf of all places. Asked me to recover his van and take it to his house. As he owns a carpentry company I was expecting one of his blokes beat up old vauxhall combo's or similar when I got there.

Instead I was greeted with £40,000 worth of restored concours Split screen!

They've never really done anything for me, I guess I don't ''get'' the scene, but hat's off to the die hard who do these things up. Very interesting to see.

Anyway, to say it was a difficult job was an understatement. It took us nearly 3 hours to get it on thanks to the narrow front beam and how stupidly low it is. In the end we put it on the MOT ramp, reversed the truck underneath the ramp and pushed it on. Complete ball ache and I won't be doing it again!!

Needless to say, I was bricking it! I've never been so careful when loading a vehicle on!!!

(Crap pics, but it was bloody freezing)

C20749BC-E56E-460B-9A85-7671E6A93C69-708-00000053EC2D4389.jpg

E86E6CBE-ED8D-45BF-8B93-CFEA35703E9C-708-00000053DC48D69C.jpg

CE4E1FC6-63C9-45EA-81DB-C617E6A98792-708-00000053E745785A.jpg

Unreal how clean it is. I was gobsmacked!! Shame I never pictured the interior, I wouldn't mind betting it was better than most new BMW/Audi's!

F22B8205-16A2-428D-B297-7C479CC35EB2-708-00000053E1E22B33.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
WOW!!! That's f*cking immaculate!

I don't get the scene either, but split screens are cool,
and everyone has a VW camper van story, when I went to collage a lad I met there had one,
we used to smoke bongs in it every break time. :D

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
very very nice, i like that a lot. uber clean too. has he ever driven it???

Beleive it or not, he's had it for 5 years. It;s taken that long to finish it and he managed 102 miles before the engine gave way. Needless to say that the engine builder recieved a stern phone call after spending god knows what having it rebuilt/polished/painted.

Honestly, never seen anything like it. Every nut and bolt, every component, was like new. Either polished or painted/coated.

I've told him he needs to get it proffesionally photographed on the outside/inside and underneath.

330Ci cab
Beleive it or not, he's had it for 5 years. It;s taken that long to finish it and he managed 102 miles before the engine gave way. Needless to say that the engine builder recieved a stern phone call after spending god knows what having it rebuilt/polished/painted.

Honestly, never seen anything like it. Every nut and bolt, every component, was like new. Either polished or painted/coated.

I've told him he needs to get it proffesionally photographed on the outside/inside and underneath.

that is one epic piece of kit. would love to see some 'proper' photo's of it. i think i'd be pissed too if the engine gave up after that! a mate of mine has got a dayvan/sleeper that he converted in the same colour as this, nowhere near as tidy mind

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Amazing! Love the dedication to get it to that standard.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's wicked Daniel. Colours not the best but it looks mint!
How many different jobs do you do????

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That's wicked Daniel. Colours not the best but it looks mint!
How many different jobs do you do????

Only the valeting really. I've stopped doing recovery work now (The truck is up for sale) and my partner looks after the car sales business.

I only did this as a favour really.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That's beautiful, I too don't really like the scene but can appreciate the man hours put into that!

There is something epic about them.

This is one of my best mates brothers, sounds glorious... Not a split screen but still an old VW bus :) (excuse the huge picture)

481185_4201577077469_180941946_n.jpg

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
People who are into the scene either have them this clean you can eat of them or proper rat look on its hoop, obv which way this chap has went, credit were credit is due on such a clean motor!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Stupidly clean. Does he always get a recovery vehicle to move it from a to b.
it bloody well looks like it!

Clio 182, VW Caddy
Wow that really is a stunning 15 window.

Had to double check I was on the right forum as I've not been on the splitty OC for a while!

Nice to see special care taken when recovering it, when my old bay window bus was recovered (over 10 years ago) I told the driver it was low, he winched it straight up and pulled the front bumper off...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Amazing motor, like really, but I don't get all the split hype.. personally I think some t**t in thick framed glasses decided they were cooler than all other vw campers and everyone went along with it.

The attention to detail there looks insane.

Why are you kicking in all the recovery etc Dan??? I thought you quite enjoyed the driving etc?