ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RS2'd RB van

RS172 Flamer
Those 182 alloys would look nice on my flamer! Haha. Car is looking nice, the Turinis suit really well

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
You going to fcs mate?

i've just booked weekender tickets and the ferry so i'm 50% sure i'll be there with the turbo'ed 9! (It's still an old Renault :p)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As all the mechanical stuff seems to be ok I finally let les start cleaning it.

Lights have come out quite well. And she's taken the swirls out the paint although tbh the paint is far from
perfect still anyway.

5AAB96C0-C9D4-47F3-86DD-F02E7A8AA31B-5188-0000052DFBAB2464_zps6b77ee7b.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
love that pic, Lesley doing her best amongst all the crap and oil all over the place :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
love that pic, Lesley doing her best amongst all the crap and oil all over the place :)
Lol.
Yes it's far from the empty detailing bay she would like what with random engines laid about and loads of tools and tyres etc.

should get a bit better once I've sorted it out more and painted the floor etc though. So at least it will be a little fairer on her then.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
its a man retreat, no room for polishing b****cks, engines and oil take pride of place :drunk:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What do you mean, Chip? Source a stronger base F4R and fit the RS2 and other bits to it, or are you talking about making more significant upgrades?
Probably just bore this one out and fit forged pistons and steel rods.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Had a good day out at Bedford on Saturday, seemed a good match for the Williams lads in their trophy despite their car being so much lighter, so the power mods have clawed back the deficit we were facing at Llandow it would appear.

Thankfully uneventful mechanically, only slight issue was that the handbrake cable decided to make a break for freedom on the drivers side but luckily I had a spare new one already, so fitted that yesterday, so its all ready again now for Cadwell on saturday where Les is booked on for a novice day as thats not a place you want to be with a faulty handbrake, lol.

Hopefully the track photographer got a few snaps at bedford, I took the gopro and forgot all about it and it ended up left in the glovebox all day and didnt take any pics at all so failing a bit on the media front as usual!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Some pics from Cadwell at the weekend.

Really starting to love that track!

_DSC4918_zps46ff6240.jpg

_DSC4734_zps8fbaf75b.jpg

_DSC4204_zpsbc6bec4b.jpg

_DSC4145_zpse6b0e737.jpg

_DSC4850_zps9fb7accd.jpg

_DSC2610_zps8bd5bdb2.jpg

_DSC3903_zps142b0ad5.jpg

_DSC4005_zpsed7dce67.jpg

_DSC4002_zpse52098a2.jpg

_DSC3330_zps1fb7d2a7.jpg

_DSC3329_zpscb096863.jpg

_DSC3289_zps8892696a.jpg

_DSC2643_zpsa00bcd56.jpg

Guy in the rover at the end was a TOTAL hero, SO quick in a 200 quid rover 1.8 he bought that week, only mod was better brakes, he got past lesley at one point and when I was driving I had to try so hard to catch and pass him, despite being in so much better a car.
Commitment from him was AWESOME to watch as I was following him.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol at the Rover guy :)

Cadwell looks fantastic, very technical isn't it? Must be great fun in the Clio's

I was properly gobsmacked when I found out it was standard, just goes to show that having a car you dont care about is worth about 5mph more on every apex! Lol.

Yeah cadwell is very technical and that makes it very rewarding when you feel like you have put a decentish lap in.
lesley struggled a bit with lack of bravery early in the day but she got quicker as we went on and she went out with an instructor on her last session who had her just lifting not braking for Coppice apparently which is a hell of an improvement from earlier in the day where she was wanting to do it at about 60mph, I had her upto about 70-75 when I was in the car with her, but he had her doing it at around 85, which is pretty committed :)