ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RS2'd RB van

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well, the swap over has started a bit more than just the wheels now.

Swapped the complete front uprights complete with brakes/shocks/springs all in place as the 172 had everything new including wheel bearings.

Swapped rear shocks and springs.

Fitted an rs192 exhaust, really nice and easy to fit and looks quite nice in the cutouts.

The list of things to do before Llandow is now pleasantly short which is good as got almost no free time before then.

New thermostat
Swap over the trendlines and matching rear seats
Dogbone mount
Get tracking done.

And that's about it for now.

Then after Llandow will swap the rs2 on then get it down to Mwm for his latest cam timing tweaks and then I will remap it.

Not going to bother swapping in the ARP and supertechs engine just yet as may as well get some use out of the one that's in it first.
Will swap that when either it needs a clutch or box or engine.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What does RS2 mean? Different engine?

Different inlet manifold mate.

Bit like throttle bodies but designed to work with a shared plenum and standard body so you can retain cruise control etc.

5ec7a29c.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Keep an eye out for cat-centre section joint blows. The female side doesn't quite curve round enough!
I assembled with a fair amount of sealant and an uprated clamp and seems ok so far but will keep an eye out. Can always chop it off and weld on a new flange if its a problem. Made the exhaust on the last car anyway so used to doing stuff like that.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I assembled with a fair amount of sealant and an uprated clamp and seems ok so far but will keep an eye out. Can always chop it off and weld on a new flange if its a problem. Made the exhaust on the last car anyway so used to doing stuff like that.

Professional *bender?

*tubular stainless ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Different inlet manifold mate.

Bit like throttle bodies but designed to work with a shared plenum and standard body so you can retain cruise control etc.

5ec7a29c.jpg

Ah, I see!

Where can I read up on these? I thought it was an Audi Engine :p

Edit: JMS RS2 Inlet Manifold??

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Whatever you think of the term "fast road" it really is the perfect fast road engine mod.

More low down torque, more power everywhere, zero drawbacks. So much nicer to live with on a daily basis.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Keep an eye out for cat-centre section joint blows. The female side doesn't quite curve round enough!

I'll say! I ended up getting called 'the cat' because of the amount of time I spent under the bean resealing the fcuker!

​Lost patience and had it welded!

Otherwise, I got on rather well with the RS192 :)

Got to say, RB and silver Turinis is a winner for me ;)

Did a few more bits to the new car today.

Swapped the Recaro trendlines from the black one to the blue one, and gave the carpet a good clean ( was proper filthy, dog hairs and maccy d's chips lol! )
Gave the seats a quick going over with alcantara & leather cleaner too.
The seatbelts are really dirty :( had a quick go with some apc and interior cleaner, got a bit better. guess its just gonna need alot of scrubbing and time!

Chip swapped the polyflex'd dogbone over from the black one whilst it was in the air.

just need to find somewhere to get it tracked tomorrow

some interior before & afters

9439738788_8d6aa3f854_b.jpg

DSC_0125 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9436969163_6fa098101a_b.jpg

DSC_0126 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9436998847_e235e0af13_b.jpg

DSC_0127 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9437052757_92f3d0051e_b.jpg

DSC_0128 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9439968326_2f8e4f6ae9_b.jpg

DSC_0129 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9439980250_3806bb2261_b.jpg

DSC_0141 by lesley2337, on Flickr

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
8D28A2E9-CF3E-48D8-830F-8F4350C43E7A-1231-0000010F71DC9F1A_zps5758171e.jpg

We did Llandow for the burpspeed day yesterday, hopefully some other people got pics too, this one courtesy of sharky.
Had a good day and the car is handling great now that I've swapped the suspension off the black one onto it.

Noticed the difference in pace though compared to the black one when racing the Williams trophy yesterday, as in the black one I could keep with them on the straights (theirs is standard engine but stripped and no aircon etc so a lot lighter) but in this car they were visibly quicker, so hopefully once the rs2 is on we will be back to a good match despite ours being full road weight still like the black one was.
Still had a good little battle though even if this time its me being followed on the video while they shout abuse at me into the camera for holding them up not the other way around like I did to them at Combe as is out traditional banter when out with each other. FLOL. So hopefully they will upload that at some point.

Got stopped short by about an hour by a noise that I thought at first was a front wheel bearing but on the way home last night it became apparent it was the rear one. They were changed with gen Renault ones just before we got the car so might be some stub axle damage so will strip that all off the black one to swap over as well.

182cup & 172 racecar
Did think it was strange when you said front one had gone, never known them to be any trouble.

​Glad you got home alright anyway, thanks for coming.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Did think it was strange when you said front one had gone, never known them to be any trouble.

​Glad you got home alright anyway, thanks for coming.

We killed a front one at Llandow last year and I killed front one there in my e30 too.
Llandow is very harsh on passenger front bearings.

Clio Trophy #343
8D28A2E9-CF3E-48D8-830F-8F4350C43E7A-1231-0000010F71DC9F1A_zps5758171e.jpg

We did Llandow for the burpspeed day yesterday, hopefully some other people got pics too, this one courtesy of sharky.
Had a good day and the car is handling great now that I've swapped the suspension off the black one onto it.

Noticed the difference in pace though compared to the black one when racing the Williams trophy yesterday, as in the black one I could keep with them on the straights (theirs is standard engine but stripped and no aircon etc so a lot lighter) but in this car they were visibly quicker, so hopefully once the rs2 is on we will be back to a good match despite ours being full road weight still like the black one was.
Still had a good little battle though even if this time its me being followed on the video while they shout abuse at me into the camera for holding them up not the other way around like I did to them at Combe as is out traditional banter when out with each other. FLOL. So hopefully they will upload that at some point.

Got stopped short by about an hour by a noise that I thought at first was a front wheel bearing but on the way home last night it became apparent it was the rear one. They were changed with gen Renault ones just before we got the car so might be some stub axle damage so will strip that all off the black one to swap over as well.

EPIC fun as always mate :) we had a great day :) made better with the banter :)

Looking forward to the next one :)

Videos on the upload now, the video is pretty funny :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Video from Llandow from the Williams trophy chasing me, quite amusing seeing how much quicker through the twisty bit I was till they really started to copy my lines, their car was a bit quicker on the straight and better under braking and on the constant radius stuff at the bottom (less weight and better tyres on their car) but it was a good battle as it was taking a whole lap for them to catch me me on the fast stuff then I was losing them again just by taking a much smoother line on the twisty section.
Once they copied my lines it got more one sided though and they would have closed me down and got past for sure if it went on a few more laps before they had to pull off (tyre damage it turned out to be) as you can't beat physics and their car was simply quicker.
Should be good fun again if I can get a little more power to help cancel out the weight loss and run some better tyres next time so the cars are more even again like with our old one now their driving is getting so much closer.

Some banter involving a bit of bad language so not work safe I guess. (I'd made a few comments in my video of me following and passing them at Combe in our rs2 car about how easy it was so they were out for some revenge. Lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Chip, it was great to see you and Lesley again at Llandow mate. :D

It's a shame about the bearing though as I would have very much enjoyed a drive of the RB. Even so, I appreciated the offer. :)

Give me a day or two more and I should have a few more photos for you as well. Slowly getting through them...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Should have had a go early on andy. Lol

Taking pictures ruins your own day like that! Looking forward to seeing some more though.

Luckily we made it home ok but I'd imagine all that heat has done it no favours. Will probably swap the pair of stub axles from the 172.

had a busy few weekends!

it was time to take the RS2 off the black 172 and put it on the 182 :D

whilst it was off i painted the cam cover & a few other bits to tidy it all up a bit. Just need to get a 182 RS2 coilpack mount as its only held on with 1 bolt at the moment.

took the standard plates off to put my old reg from the black one on when i've got some sticky pads to put it on with.

9701874177_51f7d82144_b.jpg

DSC_0232 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9701878117_898fac2daa_b.jpg

DSC_0233 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9701880787_0c79a4e2f3_b.jpg

DSC_0234 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9705105162_ccac736897_b.jpg

DSC_0237 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9705100744_11f28fab2c_b.jpg

DSC_0254 by lesley2337, on Flickr

9705098684_688a73b124_b.jpg

DSC_0255 by lesley2337, on Flickr