ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My weekend with the Trophy in pictures

The weekend started with a visit to Mark Fish to have the solid top mounts fitted that I had ordered last year but had only just got round to getting fitted.

Mr Fish (for those who have never met him).
DSC_0460.jpg

The top mount.
DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

Sachs dampers removed.
DSC_0462.jpg

Holes drilled.
DSC_0487.jpg

Top mount fitted onto a very dirty Sachs damper.
DSC_0500.jpg

Fitted.
DSC_0502.jpg

Horrified with the state of my front wheel arches and dampers I decided to give the car a little clean today. Having only just re-fitted the plastic engine under tray (Renault forgot to put it back on the last time it went in for warranty work) my engine bay was also begging for a clean.

Engine bay cleaned with Britemax Grime out and dressed with some old Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care that I had knocking about.

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

Arches clean with a spray of Bright Wheels and hosed clean.
DSC_0525.jpg

Wheels cleaned with Bright Wheels and then sealed with Extreme Elements.
DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

Wheels back on and engine bay gleaming its snow foam time.
DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

Rinsed and dried using my favourite detailing spray #6 Spray & Shine from Britemax.
DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

And then it rained.

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Stunning matey.

What do the solid top mounts achieve over standard?
How doy you rate the brembo max disks? What pads are you using with them? Ive already got a set of brembo max disks, just not got pads yet.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent that!!! Colours really gown on me too, wasnt a fan of Capsicum untill recently. Nice work :)

Renaultsport 220T
Car looks wicked cleaned. Much more fun getting it dirty again with those new top mounts. Car will be pin sharp on turn in.

Quality bit of engineering these MFM top mounts, no more sideways camber movement.

I hope your bringing some snow foam up to Mark's next weekend for my car.
;)

Chocolate Bar™
loving those top mounts, and good to see the car isnt looking too shabby either :)

Evo IX -06
DSC_0470.jpg

is that bottom thing in the body groove or bulge? bulge dont make any sense when you assembly bearing..

does this kit contain more parts than these?

the kit comes with all the parts needed to fit, the screws for the top mount, nuts, parts to sit inside the barings etc as far as im aware

Renaultsport 220T
the kit comes with all the parts needed to fit, the screws for the top mount, nuts, parts to sit inside the barings etc as far as im aware

The kit has everything needed, supplied fitted. Camber/Tracking reset, checked too by Mark too.

The bearings and mounts are designed for motorsport use, and have been tested extensively in race prepared clios and meganes.

They are the only top mounts that have been as far as I know.

I've had them on my car now for 6 months, and tested them both at Spa and the Ring. They sharpen the turn in, and lose that awful bang/click on full lock that the standard mounts give.