ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My White 1.2 172 Replica!

Jap Box
Progress looks great so far :) think it will look better with PH1 rear lights with the PH2 bumper and a 172/cup spoiler.

Jelous that you managed to get the whole kit so cheap! Shame about the car now though, any pics of damage or is it not too bad?

Mk3 clio 1.5
Progress looks great so far :) think it will look better with PH1 rear lights with the PH2 bumper and a 172/cup spoiler.

Jelous that you managed to get the whole kit so cheap! Shame about the car now though, any pics of damage or is it not too bad?

haha your the first to say that about the lights lol. its going to be a later thing to change to be honest. I know i still cant believe it lol, the man who did it has sorted it out for me, bonet has been repaired. Very nice guy suprisingly

Jap Box
Judging by this pic:

2011-08-04183939.jpg

Just think the red breaks it up nicely to be honest :)

You should colour code the boot lock too like ive done, makes a nice difference:

DSCF0809.jpg

Grande 1.2
you have to take the panels off from inside the boot lid, its the same if you want to get to the wiper mechanics too. then i think you just unclip it from the inside. this is from memory.. so there might be few extra screws etc. to undo, but it is super easy to do. i sprayed the boot lock and the surrouning plastic on mine, think it looks better then leaving the boot lock black.

15Bootlockcolourcoded.jpg

Jap Box
yeah does look a lot better to be honest, how to you take the boot lock surround off?

Unscrew the one screw holding the black plastic surround on inside the boot, pull that off then.

Then theres 2 screws if I remember correctly to unscrew, then you can just pull the lock surround off. Make sure you dont close the boot after removing it though like I did on accident as it was a pain to open the boot again as you need to pull a cable inside the boot because the button wont press without the surround holding it in place.

I didnt do the inner part myself like above as I didnt want to risk closing up the lock with piles of paint and laquer as the metal cover on mine is missing where the key goes into so it would have all gone straight into the mech.

Grande 1.2
Unscrew the one screw holding the black plastic surround on inside the boot, pull that off then.

Then theres 2 screws if I remember correctly to unscrew, then you can just pull the lock surround off. Make sure you dont close the boot after removing it though like I did on accident as it was a pain to open the boot again as you need to pull a cable inside the boot because the button wont press without the surround holding it in place.

I didnt do the inner part myself like above as I didnt want to risk closing up the lock with piles of paint and laquer as the metal cover on mine is missing where the key goes into so it would have all gone straight into the mech.

still looks so much better just with the outer casing sprayed red:approve:

ive seen a few people on here leave the middle bit black, i thought it was some kind of style or something. haha!!

clio sport 1.2 16v
looking good that mate . how easy was it putting the 172 front bumper / wings on . this is elaxty what i want to do to mine but in black

Mk3 clio 1.5
looking good that mate . how easy was it putting the 172 front bumper / wings on . this is elaxty what i want to do to mine but in black
not put on the front bumper and arches on yet, but wings will be a straight swap, unsure about front bumper. il let you know when i get round to putting them on.

Mk3 clio 1.5
Finally got round to finishing the bumper. so here it is as it stands, will be fitting it all this week :D

2011-09-02154002.jpg

2011-09-02153948.jpg

clio sport 1.2 16v
right ok cheers mate . also if i just fitted the 2 172 wings and front bumper will the rest of the car look odd . just because il need to save up some money for side skirts etc

Mk3 clio 1.5
right ok cheers mate . also if i just fitted the 2 172 wings and front bumper will the rest of the car look odd . just because il need to save up some money for side skirts etc

should look fine mate, will look a bit wierd, but hardly nociable when your driving.

Clio 1.2 mk2
Looking pretty good so far mate. I want to go for the ph2 172 rear on mine. Looks much smarter.
I'll keep an eye on this thread!

clio sport 1.2 16v
did you tell your insurance about putting the body kit on? iv just rang mine up and they wont cover me even if i just put a front bumper on!

Mk3 clio 1.5
did you tell your insurance about putting the body kit on? iv just rang mine up and they wont cover me even if i just put a front bumper on!
its a standard clio bumper in the insurances eyes, shouldnt alter your price, your quote maybe for a aftermarket bumper.

Mk3 clio 1.5
I know its been a while, but I have been working long hours and back at college now, so spare time has been shortened. But no to dissapoint, as promised here she is with the front bumper and arches fitted. Not 100% happy about eh colour match or the front bumper fitting, but was getting dark so work will comense again this weekend.

2011-09-08202253.jpg

The lighting doesnt give any justic to the colour match, so pics will be up in tommorow in daytime.

Mk3 clio 1.5
took the bumper off and re-fitted it, with a few cusotm brackets its looking spot on :) just the side skirts to add now.

also fogs were fitted after the pic was taken.

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
looking good, did you sort out the creamy colour rear bumper? i wasn't exspecting it to turn out so good with a grande and 172 bumpers, but not bad mate !

Mk3 clio 1.5
looking good, did you sort out the creamy colour rear bumper? i wasn't exspecting it to turn out so good with a grande and 172 bumpers, but not bad mate !

the match isnt all that bad tbh, ive just started a second job, so all money from that is funding the car, so will eventually be done professional. :)

Mk3 clio 1.5
another pic from the front with the fogs in:

2011-09-13110723.jpg

I have upgraded the front speakers to kenwood 250w 16cm, sound so much better.
I have also started smoothing the side mouldings to remove the grande batch and sprayed up in gloss black.
Lastly I have added a cold air feed from bottom of the bumper using a piperX feed.

03 Clio 16V 1.2L
the match isnt all that bad tbh, ive just started a second job, so all money from that is funding the car, so will eventually be done professional. :)
Yeah, getting it done professionally is always better, mixes in a lot better too.

Jap Box
Looks good, only needs the mirrors and side strips done now :)

Got some dual optic lights to go in too or you leaving it like that for a bit?

Mk3 clio 1.5
Looks good, only needs the mirrors and side strips done now :)

Got some dual optic lights to go in too or you leaving it like that for a bit?

next bit is to put side skirts on then finish strips, mirrors to be painted. dual optics can wait, lowering is to be done before.

Jap Box
Looks good :) why not place the cold air feed into the fog surround and remove the lights? Just think it looks out of place where it is now really.

Should look ace when the lights, skirts and mirrors are done anyway :)

Mk3 clio 1.5
Looks good :) why not place the cold air feed into the fog surround and remove the lights? Just think it looks out of place where it is now really.

Should look ace when the lights, skirts and mirrors are done anyway :)
because the trumpets isnt big enough for it just to sit in, already tried that, im ordering a bigger one, which will replace the fog light, just left it there in the meantime.