ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Near Death Cup Experience!

Cup 172

Fun and games last night.

In the outside lane of the A1 doing about 60 in the pissing rain, overtaking a truck. The spray was pretty bad so I clicked the wipers down from normal to fast. I was a little taken abanck to say the least when instead of speeding up, the wipers stopped completely. I tried all three positions on vain and they just stayed parked. Using the head out of the window technique I managed to get to the hard shoulder, turned it off, restarted and they worked fine????????

Nice work French electronics fool.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Check your UCH control unit - its a common fault on clios - eventually it will pack in totally and you will also lose your indicators.

doh, so you were driving ace ventura style, lol

go buy yourself some rain-x and coat the windscreen up, you wont need wipers over 35mph.

Cup 172

Cheers mate,

Is it worth telling this to the idiots at Renault, or will they laugh at me smugly and only believe me after I barrel roll into a field at speed?

Its still under warranty and its due in for gearbox mounts next week.

Cup 172

Ace Ventura style but with hailstones breaking my teeth!

I think that the rainex is more of a back up plan!!

I might do it anyway just in case until they are sorted!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The UCH is situated under the passengers side of the dash board, just above the bonnet release handle - when you go to Renault tell them your wipers keep going on and off and also your indicators as well. Its a real common fault and Renault are aware of the problems with these ( although they never admit it !! ) Part number for the new superseeded UCH is 8200387291 - there are 2 large oblong plugs - one black and one white going into it and one black stubby one.

Ziel Nurburgring

^Yup, agree. You can sit on the Mway and not bother with the wipers, havent done for years unless its really bad.

R26

lol - that happened to me in the 182, driving to work in the pissing rain and bobs yer uncle - rush hour and no wipers - spray everywhere. Took it to Renault - suprise suprise Renault couldnt find a fault.

Anyway - we a re lucky to be alive.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

had rain-x on mine at the time, didnt help much to be honest....i find it only really helps over about 50 and with Heavy rain......not knocking it though it is good stuff......

MKIII 138

just like to add mine did that when it was pissing it down.. just stopped the car and started again, its never happened since.

Cup 172

Madness. I love the French approach to build quality.

Was thinking this morning... If they cant make door locks, engine mounts, gearbox mounts and wipers properly, what chance do we stand with airbags....?

Oh well, best not crash then...

Titanium 182

jesus mate

thats lucky id ring renault or write a letter to reno uk about that

when i had an old ax gt the the wipers stopped working when it was raining and that was pretty scary but the rain wasnt to heavy!