ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need 2 quick questios! (please!) mk1 clio

bout to undertake some colour coding on my car and will do a diy guide for the site, but need two questions answerd

1) i bought some white paint renault iceburg white - went to check this was the right colour on my car but couldnt find any indcication on the car of its colour. looked under the bonnet and in the door bit...

2) just consulting the haynes manual to see if its just a pull em off hard jobbie on the side bump strips and i found a bit in the book that im not sure if it means the side strips as it didnt have any pics...it said there were 2 screws on the inside of the door that i have to undo...is this true?

cheers

greg

yes theres a screw to undo on the edge of the door then u slide em back then they pop off!

the colour wont be an exact match coz its like 10 yr old paint!

Renault Glacier white is what u want

Open door, bottom theres a sticker with the VIN etc.. its on there.. (no labeling tho, you just need to look for something which looks like a colour code!).

On mine, Phase3.. (same as Phase2) the side strips just slide off.. but be careful, as the pink clip always breaks apparently!

I just push the strip backwards, and it came off on mine!

:oops: lol, jilly b, i originally put two quick answers but then changed it cos i ddnt think it sounded right!

ive got both the front and rear strips off now so its plain sailing from here on!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Welll done mate. Make sure we to get pics done soon. Also, let us know how the colour matches up.

got 2 coats of primer on them now....

really getting into it now!!! prob gonna do the bumpstrip and grille if it all works out with this!

woo

fingers crossed, touch wood an all that!

greg

Quote: Originally posted by dj_sonic_uk on 05 February 2004

Right-the front ones are off, but the ones on the rear arches- how in hell do i get them off?!!

elp :(
leaving the car in an empty carpark in evesham for five minutes worked for me ;)