ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car, day 1, OBD Light...

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
So picked my my 05 plate 1.6 16v yesterday.
Noticed driving it home that every time I accelerate it was really juddery and there was a real lack of power :/

Driving home today after work, the OBD light started flashing and juddery acceleration continued...

Booked into the garage on Monday but I'm advised not to drive it anywhere until then.

Any ideas of what it could be?
Can't believe I got ripped off by the seller, clearly was aware of the problem! It was private so there's no warranty...

Megane dci 130
Faulty pencil Coil. VERY VERY VERY common problem across the range! Cheap to repair too if the garage knows what their doing.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Faulty pencil Coil. VERY VERY VERY common problem across the range! Cheap to repair too if the garage knows what their doing.

Yeah thats what a few of my friends think

and lee, yes I did but I didn't want to rag it with the owner in the car ;)

if its not the above then it might be the clutch, oil might have leaked and been absorbed by the clutch, might not be aligned properly or its worn/the fingers have broken