ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car :P

E30 318iS x2
Well I made the decision to swap my car in for a White Dynamique SX 1.2 TCE.

photo0030my0.jpg

Has some nice extras like the Colour phone book Parrot hands free kit, double optic lights and the fog lights which I always wished I'd had on the ripy; Oh and a more powerful engine :)

photo0044tj7.jpg

Goes to show it needs lowering. Trying to find some where to get the springs taken off of mine.

photo0042do9.jpg

photo0046ta8.jpg

Plan is to get it lowered, get the spacers on, RS grille, fit the BMC, silvertechs and then for when I have the money I have looked into a super chip remap and then stick it on a rolling road.

I decided to get it because the insurance and tax is the same, it does better MPG than mine, its faster and as I am now fully employed I can afford it :)

Don't want any flaming etc, I'm chuffed end of :)

Mini Cooper S sport
That's a nice looking car! Weren't you tempted to go for a bigger engine though?

I really like that front splitter on it - subtle.

182trophy & Williams
Are you mental, could you not buy a 182 and insure it for the price of a new motor? you must have a good reason behind this.that coutesy car really pushed buttons for ya eh.

E30 318iS x2
:)

I was but not, still 18 and I didn't get stung by insurance for having a faster car + looking at figures on the remap, the power and torque would be more than that of a mk2 1.6.

320d
Directline wouldnt insure me on a 1.2 TCE yet they will on zetec s's, 1.6 16v clios either MK2 or MK3, makes no sence to me.

I test drove the TCE and enjoyed the drive but it wasnt a worthwhile upgrade for me.

Glad you are happy with the upgrade though mate, its certainly a very nice car. Wheels refurbed in black ftw.

E30 318iS x2
All because its a turbo I imagine, I got mine with Admiral.

I'm glad I tried the 3dr, had a 5dr demo and it handled like a bag of plop IMO.

Can't wait to get it lowered with the spacers. They're only 30mm Eibach Prolines ;)

E30 318iS x2
Going to do the springs myself, got the kit and the know how so thats my job this week.

Spacers are sat next to me here

2008 Albi 197
Going to do the springs myself, got the kit and the know how so thats my job this week.

Spacers are sat next to me here

Will look good with them on, I need to get mine! The kit looks good on the white, never actually seen a mk3 in white like that but it looks smart

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Deffo a good upgrade.

As above, I had a 1985 Ford Orion 1600i when i was 18!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
hey rich thats the company car i had for my training course in doncaster, went rallying round fields, jumping bridges, redlining, handbrake turns u name it. hope u enjoy it

Never above 25mpg
hey rich thats the company car i had for my training course in doncaster, went rallying round fields, jumping bridges, redlining, handbrake turns u name it. hope u enjoy it

You never fail to amuse me Ali hahaha!! :lolup:

I love the RB182 thats on the forecourt :eek:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yer it looks ok, hasnt been through the workshop yet mind, most ph2 rs clios we get in are always knackerd and we end up spending wedge on em.

last 1 we had i did discs and pads all round 4x tyres 3x wipers and a 36k service lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
yer it looks ok, hasnt been through the workshop yet mind, most ph2 rs clios we get in are always knackerd and we end up spending wedge on em.

last 1 we had i did discs and pads all round 4x tyres 3x wipers and a 36k service lol

Ahhhh, the good old renault rapists strike again!!

Why people take their cars to you lot is beyond me. Must be mental!!

Never above 25mpg

Ah right If I had £8k I wouldnt mind splashing out on getting it perfec!

I tried to see Rich's car but it looks like it's been moved down to the lot near the Nissan section by the bridge?

Im popping in tomorrow to pick up some more paint! I know Hannah in parts well I used to go school with her.

Will try and see Rich's car tomorrow! Have a quick peek at it

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
^ thats what people trade in2 us is the crap stuff, theres a 172 cup that we get in quite often (customer) he keeps it proper immaculate, like insides off wheels are always clean arches blacked etc.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

Ah right If I had £8k I wouldnt mind splashing out on getting it perfec!

I tried to see Rich's car but it looks like it's been moved down to the lot near the Nissan section by the bridge?

Im popping in tomorrow to pick up some more paint! I know Hannah in parts well I used to go school with her.

Will try and see Rich's car tomorrow! Have a quick peek at it

lol hannah in parts yer, shes quite thick, i expect u will recieve some pink paint or sumin

E30 318iS x2
Thanks Ali haha.

I had to speak to that Hannah 3 times cuz che kept forgetting to ask me for the right numbers on my card to pay for the RS Grille lol.

Wait till you get mine lol.

Lovely change, are you keeping your plate? :)

Thanks :) Plate is defo staying, they're even paying for it :)

E30 318iS x2
The 1.2 makes alot of noise and just trundles along.

The TCE has what I call a 'solid feel' and actualy makes you feel like you are moving and the throttle pedal is attached to the engine lol. When I had one for a day, I was wheel spinning it down the road driving it like my 1.2 and forgetting it had more power.

Not stung too bad IMO, but I'm so chuffed I don't care lol! For the min my 30mm Eibach are going on it, maybe in future I'll get some Coils.

Slow red one
same spec as meee:) im 18 and with norwich union, insurance was not to bad i think. how much was it for you if you dnt mind me asking? or PM me. cheers

E30 318iS x2
Just rang the insurers, I'm getting a £120 refund from them for swtiching to the new car. Rock on lol