ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 197 - break-in period for engine?

Clio 197 2008
Recently bought a new Clio 197. The bloke at the dealership told me to limit RPM to 3000 and speed to around 70mph/110kmh for the first 650miles/1000km, whatever.

Is that the recommended engine break-in ?

white 197 CUP
i did mine to 1000 miles before i reaally opened it up. up to 650 like it states in the book it dosnt seem to be as loud or pull as much until that 1000 mile mark is touched. tickle it a few times and put v power in. it really does work

Renaultsport Clio 197
exactly
let it warm up for 2 minutes... then drive lika girl for 15 minutes..and then...well you know :rasp:

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
didn't anyone see that Merc AMG Bike Build on OCC, all AMG hand built engines are put on a test machine, which runs the engline red hot doing laps of nuremburg ring or some test track, they dont get broken in

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Rag it from new end of the day you got 3 years warranty

ITB'd MK1
doing 1000 miles under 3k just means the rings wont bed in properly for the first 1000 miles. Worst thing you can do on a new engine is cruising under no load. Constantly changing revs, lots of over-run, and gradually using higher revs as you do more miles until you've done 1000 (with an oil change at 500)