ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Full Custom Exhaust by Prospeed

After a local exhaust place buggered up my Milltek I got sick of the rattles and thought enough is enough. I made the 400 mile trip from Manchester to Cardiff and booked it in at short notice (cheers Charlie!) at Prospeed for a full cat-back system and the cat sleeving properly.

Charlie asked one of the lads to take me and the Mrs to the bus stop so we could the day shopping in Cardiff and got a light lunch (12oz burger... never again :dead:). We made our way back and it had just been finished for 3pm. It was sat idling near the entrance to the unit and as soon as I saw and heard it my face lit up. Even the Mrs was impressed!

I asked for a cat-back stainless system with 3" rolled out tailpipes, a quiet 'mid-sport' note and new mounts. Well, that's exactly what I got. :)

10458470033_b5c681c39f_c.jpg

10458308725_611b1e0795_c.jpg

10458480533_f15b024346_c.jpg

10458315025_18dc082757_c.jpg

10458318775_708b2d4206_c.jpg

10458321875_7702d690c8_c.jpg

10458310594_c973acdb2b_c.jpg

10458313124_8ed0085acb_c.jpg

10458316916_a71e7a84d2_c.jpg

10458500333_f2ab3083e1_c.jpg

10458507513_898ab97275_b.jpg

Best of all, with all those extra mounts... it lines up perfectly and always will. :)

Last edited:
Sorry folks, the doubled up last photo was supposed to be one of the rear! Now added it in :)

The sound is exactly how I wanted it too. H'actual exactly.

Does look a nice job, but ironic what you said about the piper being 1 cm out, the right exhaust tip, looks just that :eek:
I was waiting for that :rasp:

All I can guess is that it was the angle of the photo. I keep looking at it on the drive and it's perfect. It had only just been built in that photo so after a 200 mile motorway trip perhaps it has settled!

Megane 225 F1
Looks fantastic. Although lol at a bus into town. IIRC it was a 5 minute walk when I went a few years back ;)

Looks smart, actually kinda similar to the Yozza in some respects.

Only thing I don't like is the fact that the tailpipes aren't long enough (as in they downsize too quickly - you can see the smaller piping in your last picture through the exhaust), it'd be nicer if it gave the impression that it's that size all over. Not sure that makes sense but does to me! :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely piece of kit. Heard nothing but good things about them..

I prefer the exhaust inward rolled and slashed to suit the shape of the bumper...

T5075.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome work from Charlie again! I love mine (albeit a different design to this one). Not cheap for a full system but worth every penny in my opinion! :)

Looks fantastic. Although lol at a bus into town. IIRC it was a 5 minute walk when I went a few years back ;)
He has since moved premisies to Rumney which is a 15 minute drive from the centre. I've been to the old one and know what you mean!

Looks smart, actually kinda similar to the Yozza in some respects.

Only thing I don't like is the fact that the tailpipes aren't long enough (as in they downsize too quickly - you can see the smaller piping in your last picture through the exhaust), it'd be nicer if it gave the impression that it's that size all over. Not sure that makes sense but does to me! :p
Yeah I know what you mean. I suppose it's his way of making them... you can only see it if you look underneath anyway. From the back it looks spot on :)

It all looks superb apart from the outward rolled tips. :rasp: Inward rolled for that OEM+ look.
I've had inward rolled and slash cut on my Milltek, but preferred the Yozza tips I had before. So here they are again!

That looks awesome, was it ridiculously expensive though?
Not ridiculously. About what a Milltek or other reputable system sells for new, only this was custom built for my car and the new mounts he has made and also comes with a lifetime warranty so I'm happy :)

Lovely piece of kit. Heard nothing but good things about them..

I prefer the exhaust inward rolled and slashed to suit the shape of the bumper...

T5075.jpg
That's what were on before but it looked a bit too boring for me! Both do look good though but the 3" outward rolled won it for me. (3.5" were also available but because of the outward roll, they'd look huge!).

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Not ridiculously. About what a Milltek or other reputable system sells for new, only this was custom built for my car and the new mounts he has made and also comes with a lifetime warranty so I'm happy :)

This pleasantly surprises me...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't know theyd moved. Probably for the better. The last place wasn't the best! lol!

Looks great. If I keep the TT I might pay him a visit.

The new place isn't that much bigger tbh but there must have been a reason that they've moved. The other location was brilliant!

RB 182 FF
Prospeed are the best!!! My 182 has a Prospeed and it's awesome, also they did my bro's Fiat Coop and my mates Intergrale, fantastically awesome work on all 3 cars! :D

How many exhausts Now?

looks an awesome job
This is my 3rd but the car itself has had at least 5 (more than it's had owners!).

Nick (admin) bought it new and also had a Prospeed exhaust made up when it was in his ownership which I thought was pretty strange.