ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone this October??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  320d M Sport
Having lost my phone (pissed) in Brussels at weekend I can state the following:

1) Find my iPhone is great. So I never found it but knowing that I locked and wiped it straight away is awesome.

2) I just downloaded everything from the cloud to my new phone, this sh1t is like voodoo.. It's like I never lost my phone?!

For these reasons I'll always go apple. Had I had any other phone it would have been much more painful loosing it.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Re: iPhone 5 this October??

the only thing i hate about iphones... Is itunes... if they revamp that with the 5, im sold.

Ged

PD130 Peach

the fact that no matter what i try it wont automaticly get my photos off it :S and then when i tryd the back up to icloud option, it backed up all my photos online.. awesome... then i cant get them onto my computer from there.. So the only option is to get them from the folders.

Also, also end up messing up which songs to sync, and some songs i don't even know where its found them :S

Its quite fiddly and the controlls for everything aren't where you expect them to be, which always surprised me as apples iPhone interface is so intuitive.

Its not far away but i wish they would sort it out so its easy to use, or just let me organise everything via windows explorer (well the music and pictures)

A ANIMAL

Yep I've still got my 4 and it's still really good bar the issue I have with the home button being a bit unresponsive.

Exactly the same here and exactly the same home button issue. the most impressive thing is the battery will still do 2 days with normal use.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S

the fact that no matter what i try it wont automaticly get my photos off it :S and then when i tryd the back up to icloud option, it backed up all my photos online.. awesome... then i cant get them onto my computer from there.. So the only option is to get them from the folders.

Also, also end up messing up which songs to sync, and some songs i don't even know where its found them :S

Its quite fiddly and the controlls for everything aren't where you expect them to be, which always surprised me as apples iPhone interface is so intuitive.

Its not far away but i wish they would sort it out so its easy to use, or just let me organise everything via windows explorer (well the music and pictures)

I'm with you on that one, I love apple stuff but i hate itunes. I just can't get on with it.

Admittedly I've not really put much time into learning it, all apple stuff is so easy to pick up but I just can't seem to work itunes correctly.

I really don't get people who moan about iTunes. It's the simplest bit of software in the world! Never had a problem with it on Windows or my macs.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Everyone is different. People have different thought processes.

Same reason as to why some peoples favourite colour is Red and other is Green. Its a personal preference.

Yes but having a red or green car isn't wrong per se.

There must be a reason you think it's s**t. Maybe you encounter some bugs which others don't.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Yes but having a red or green car isn't wrong per se.

There must be a reason you think it's s**t. Maybe you encounter some bugs which others don't.

For my non technical small brain I find it too confusing on certain aspects. Yes when you 'know how' its very easy but for a new comer or somebody who isn't particularly computer literate it can be IMPOSSIBLE. As is backing up contacts to iTunes itself. I know it backs it up when device is backed up but why can't you look, edit and select contacts in the contacts tab? You have to use a 3rd party app. Stuff like that.

Am i right in thinking Apply didn't make iTunes. They bought it from some company in the early days?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

For my non technical small brain I find it too confusing on certain aspects. Yes when you 'know how' its very easy but for a new comer or somebody who isn't particularly computer literate it can be IMPOSSIBLE. As is backing up contacts to iTunes itself. I know it backs it up when device is backed up but why can't you look, edit and select contacts in the contacts tab? You have to use a 3rd party app. Stuff like that.

Am i right in thinking Apply didn't make iTunes. They bought it from some company in the early days?

You are correct, it's based on some frighteningly old third party software.

However it works perfectly well.

I don't personally see the issue with contacts. All mine are automatically synced across all my devices without me ever having to do anything.

In fact I had to restore my iPad the other day. Set it up as a new iPad. iCloud synced everything for me. Contacts were all there, exactly as they are on my other devices. Problem?

Even my Safari bookmarks and reading list automatically restored over iCloud.

EDIT: Why do you need a third party app for editing your contacts? Just edit them on one device, and all other devices update accordingly. Zero human input. I appreciate nothing is ever perfect. Of course some people will encounter problems from time to time, but it seems to me that most complaints are actually founded in user error. Which is astonishing given that the user doesn't even have to do anything.

Last edited:

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2

Hopefully it will have a camera to rival some of the awesomeness Nokia produce!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Hopefully it will have a camera to rival some of the awesomeness Nokia produce!!!

It won't. It's unlikely to have a 40mpx camera that doesn't fit in the body properly. The 4s camera is pretty unbeatable considering it manages to live in a phone with a decent OS.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2

thats a shame, my 4S camera suits me fine but my mates new PureView Nokia blows it out the water - i agree the apple OS is better but the Nokia one isnt bad at all! anyway dont want to get into a seperate convo about it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I really don't get people who moan about iTunes. It's the simplest bit of software in the world! Never had a problem with it on Windows or my macs.

I have endless problems with iTunes, actually scares me to plug my phone in.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I've had my iPhone 4 since release. Still works like a boss!

I've been using iTunes since buying my old G4 mac and never had an issue with it. It baffles me why it's so hated so frequently by people. Seems to do what it's intended to do without any issue or fuss, my only slight niggle is the fact it seems to have a bit of a brain fart when it comes to compilation albums and tends to fragment them leaving you to have to intervene and stick all the tracks back together.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

My iPhone 4 has a temperamental home button, but still works okay.

Actually, thats a lie. I'm on vodafone so I may as well have a f**king NOKIA f**king 33 f**king 10. Sorry, I hate this network, so bad.

Also, saw this on fb LOLZ. Pretty sure I saw this picture back when we were waiting for the iPhone 4?

screenshot20120715at195.png

CBR1000RR Fireblade

I think the battery is slowly dying in my iPhone 4. It doesn't last very long these days, it has had around 700+ charge cycles though so it's not done bad.

Apart from that, it works sweet as. I'm looking forward to the new handset though now, I hope my current handset lasts until the new one is released.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

I laughed however IT IS a fact that it might be released on 7th August..... As is the 9th, 10th, 11th and so on.

PH1 iceburg

I got told that the ipad mini is coming out in september which will push the release of the iphone 5 back a few months. That was from the twonks in the orange shop.

Bus w**ker

iOS6b3 is set to expire 30 September, so I'm pretty confident that there's zero chance of an August release.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

lol I can't believe you forced me to go see that with you. GAY.......

Status
Not open for further replies.