ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new pads rattling in carriers (carbon lorraine)

morning,

fitted new discs and pads yesterday to my 172, all went smoothly and the seemed fine on the test run. been out today and there a lot of rattling from the front, went home, whipped off the wheels and the pads are moving in the carriers.

pads are the new carbon lorraine rc5+ and discs are maxtorq group n.

pads had no shims or spacers on the back so just went in as they were, pads that came off were shitty greenstuff and having jst pulled them out the bin they had small shims on the back....

should have had shims with the pads? or should i smashed the shims off the back of the old pads and used these? or have i done everything right??? help.:(

ta

SQ5
The DS2500's have a thicker surface on them IIRC, I took shims and plates out and they fit. CL's maybe different!

just pm'd kamracing about them and they said as there basically a race pad, they shouldnt need them.

i'l give them a go with the shims off the back of the old pads and see how they are. i

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR
Pads in our BMW does this too, missing the little springs. As white valver said it doesn't effect them or anything, just shuts them up.

well i put the shims in there from the pads i took off and there better, but they still rattle. meh, im not overly fussed now im used to it. there awesome pads so more than make up for the noise. no squeeks or squeels either :)

RC5+ compound is frickin' awesome - press the pedal at one firm pressure, they start warming up and grip harder and slow you down even faster, without you having to move your foot! LOL

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Slightly old thread I know, but I've recently had these fitted and they are so f**king annoying and noisy I cannot stand them. Mine will be going in the bin for some standard type items!

so lovely annoying??

im guessing you mean just the rattle is annoying you? as they dont make any other noise. im used to mine now, only really hear it when pottering around town with radio off, once up to temp and speed then dont hear a thing.

awesome pad imo.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
so lovely annoying??

im guessing you mean just the rattle is annoying you? as they dont make any other noise. im used to mine now, only really hear it when pottering around town with radio off, once up to temp and speed then dont hear a thing.

awesome pad imo.

weird, I put "bl00dy annoying" lol

but yeah, just the rattle is annoying me as I can hear it over the radio and the exhaust and running on heavy lb springs it's constant and pretty loud. At first I thought it was something in the engine bay as I wasn't made aware they had no retaining clips, but the noise would go when I pressed the brakes.

So what's a good pad to go for Fred? For the amount of times I track the car I'm actually thinking of just going for standard pads and just swapping over for trackdays. Cant live with these day to day though, I'm too old and grumpy and dont like loud noises lol

edit - I used to have the DS2500's a few years back Mike, I always got on with those, they did wear through disks at a fair old rate though! lol

Better than yours. C*nt.
I think the forum is getting more intelligent. Bloody appears to come out as Lovely and twit comes out as Twit.

*Edit, maybe not bloody then!

Lionel Richie
yeah DS2500's, and your plan of stock pads for the road, although not sure how they'll cope with da boost innit