ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new pants please...dot com forward slash kwik fit

so driving down the A9...just crossing the cromarty firth or one of those bits...got to the roundabout...

outside lane going straight through...car ends up facing the wrong way...never hit anything...

checked my brakes....rear pad missing...must have just gave up cos it just couldnt be arsed anymore...the one on the inside..the outside one is still hanging on..but is rattling like a pair of baws..

i have just had my brakes replaced pads and disks rear at kwik pish...lifetime warrenty...on pads...

question time...

why would this new pad fall off..?

will i need other parts i.e the wee wire things that hold it in? or are they generic to all cars...

this should be replaced under warranty?

will they offer me some new pants..?

AK

M240i
What Kwik Fit was it? I'd go down there and cause madness tbh.. as above could have killed you!

is the retaining bar still there?

what is this..?? is it a wee silver wire thing?? if so..no..

What Kwik Fit was it? I'd go down there and cause madness tbh.. as above could have killed you!

ek one...

im such a good driver tho..i mantained control...not unlike that new york pilot who crash landed on the hudson...oh no..wait..

i shat myself...

Clio MK 4
they have to fix/replace damage. If they not having it say you going to trading standards and bet they'll sort it right away!

Could have been a defective pad if the backplate is still there - if it's not, I'd be going in and asking for the manager!

just by looking at it...from underneath the car...i can see a round flat thing touching the disk, where the pad should be...is this the remains of the pad? or part of the caliper..?

they have to fix/replace damage. If they not having it say you going to trading standards and bet they'll sort it right away!

i hope so...ive only done 400 miles..odd...i was worried in case they turn round and say no, as the pad is lying up the A9 somewhere...

then id get HEAVYWEIGHT on their asses...raH

there's an angled bar, about 3" long that's used to keep the pads in place (have a look on the other side - it's at the bottom of the pad's retaining lugs). the lockwire should be on the inside of the bar - best check the other side to be sure that's been done properly).

have heard of instances of this type of caliper losing pads inexplicably before, so it's may be not the fault of the fitter but, regardless, would have thought they'd be looking to fix it for free - dunno, but do Kwik Fit have a mobile service?

there's an angled bar, about 3" long that's used to keep the pads in place (have a look on the other side - it's at the bottom of the pad's retaining lugs). the lockwire should be on the inside of the bar - best check the other side to be sure that's been done properly).

have heard of instances of this type of caliper losing pads inexplicably before, so it's may be not the fault of the fitter but, regardless, would have thought they'd be looking to fix it for free - dunno, but do Kwik Fit have a mobile service?

the outside pad which is remaining...is protruding a lot more from the caliper than i think it shoul be...the wee lugs dont have anything holding them...

looks like that pad is ready to drop out also..

PICS..

not very good ones tho..

Image053.gif

Image055.gif

Image056.gif

does look as though the retaining bar's missing - check the other wheel for an idea of what should be there. i'd be demanding a new disc as well if the piston has badly scored that one. hopefully the caliper's OK

does look as though the retaining bar's missing - check the other wheel for an idea of what should be there. i'd be demanding a new disc as well if the piston has badly scored that one. hopefully the caliper's OK

will find out tomorrow...hopefully they wont need to order parts from renault..

Sorry, but how much copper slip do you need! What a fookin mess!

i think its like that as the pads have slipped out...stops the squeeling tho.. :p

proper..

PH1 172 Sport
I dont think theve used enough copper grease on that only looks like they have used 1 whole tub to me....!

I would be down there causing mayhem especially if its busy they should sort it.

you've got to get it there though (not a good idea to drive it as it is, as you risk causing much more damage if you use the brakes)

thinking on about the caliper, you'd also want to check that the edge of the piston hasn't been too badly damaged

you've got to get it there though (not a good idea to drive it as it is, as you risk causing much more damage if you use the brakes)

thinking on about the caliper, you'd also want to check that the edge of the piston hasn't been too badly damaged

i was out lying under the car having a swatch...

the pad is gone...as too is the wee wire bar that holds it in...? are these generic? or special clio ones??

i heard a rattling as i limped back home..? i assume this is the remaining pad, rattling about in its housing??

Fooking hell!!!

Grease me up baby, and find the pad !!!!

its lying at the roundabout on the A9 at perth...

thats where the brake pedal went straight to the floor and the car kept going...

im assuming thats the point it decided to bugger off...

one week old aswell...plenty life left..

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I would take pics and go down in another car and play hell with the manager. I would also be wanting a good bit more than them fixing it.
I would also at least threaten if not seek legal action. they could have killed you and others...

the pad is gone...as too is the wee wire bar that holds it in...? are these generic? or special clio ones??

the fitting kits are generic (these calipers are fitted to lots of different cars) and you should be able to get one from a motorfactors fairly cheaply. pads shouldn't be too expensive either, but then you may as well have done the job yourself in the first place if you go to the bother of getting the bits and fixing it yourself just so that you can take it back to Kwikfit

i'd ask Kwikfit if they've a mobile service or if they'd send someone out to sort it given the circumstances; saves you the hassle and they get to see the condition of things before it's all back together

PH1 172 Sport
I would be wanting a new caliper and disc on that side as well as having nothing between the two is not going to have done them good.

clio 182 black /gold
Go down kick off. Ask them to tow your car in as it is not safe to drive. Write to the local papers. A gril i know was told by Kwik fit you need this that and the other doing on the brakes. The brakes failed and they never did what they charged her for. She went to the paper got a full refund and the cost of the repair also compo.

Monaco RS Clio 172
I'd be wanting them to pay for it to be done somewhere else + compensation for the time you will have to take out to do this

get it towed and use a solid bar - claim for this too

once it is at a garage get the report from them on what they think has happened, take it to kwik fit, cause HELL AND FURY and DEMAND they 1) pay the other garage to undertake the works involved in fixing it and 2) compensation and a DAMN GOOD apology

that is sheer incompetancy at it's very best and I for one would NOT tolerate it

brakes are the ultimate part of the car that saves your ass all of the time - what if you were doing 70 mph on a motorway, in the 3rd lane, this happened approaching a traffic jam? this is all too common on the m25

EPIC FAIL on their behalf.