ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New wheels on the ST - sneak peak

RS Megane DCi 175
Bought these at the weekend - always fancied a set, Clio ownership must've taught me something! hehe.

Not sure whether to keep them tbh.
They're ET35 which is a massive offset for a Fiesta, so they stick out loads. :cool: But the larger profile tyres coupled with the offset and coilovers means there is some scrubbage to say the least!

What do we think? Stay or go?

New tyres are a must if I keep them - 215 profile :nono:

(excuse the pics, car was washed the next day :eek: )

dsc03549ta8.jpg

dsc03550yv6.jpg

dsc03551ra1.jpg

dsc03552sx9.jpg

dsc03553lc7.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
get some full on side pics etc , cant really tell from here tbh

RS Megane DCi 175
my mate had a set on his mk6, he is on coilies and were fine

On a ET35 offset? I couldn't move the car without it scrubbing lol.

get some full on side pics etc , cant really tell from here tbh

Yeah I know - they're pretty crappy pics tbh. I'm contemplating stickin em back on one side for more pics. Not made my mind up tbh, and I thought I'd love em.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Looks awesome... only you can decide if they are practical. Colour needs to be darker imho.

RS Megane DCi 175
suspension could do with cranking up a little if you have coilys...

Wash your mouth out! lol. Really REALLY don't want to have to do that tbh. Last resort!

Anthracite Comp MO's are what you want :D

They do look good, but along with SuperT's, they've been done to death on the ST's. As far as I know, no other ST (certainly ones online) has Turinis. Judging by the amount of scrubbage I can see why! ;)

Think I'm going to get 15mm machined off the fronts just to tuck that outer bit underneath the wing. At the minute it's a case of go over a pebble = lose the front wings. :eek:

Cheers for the feedback though, at the very least I'm gonna get some more pics to make my mind up.

RS Megane DCi 175
Looks awesome... only you can decide if they are practical. Colour needs to be darker imho.

Cheers Ad. They're def staying silver though. At a push maybe a light anthracite, but they're pretty much spanking new so a refurb would be a bit of a waste tbh.

Titanium 182
Wash your mouth out! lol. Really REALLY don't want to have to do that tbh. Last resort!

Anthracite Comp MO's are what you want :D

They do look good, but along with SuperT's, they've been done to death on the ST's. As far as I know, no other ST (certainly ones online) has Turinis. Judging by the amount of scrubbage I can see why! ;)

Think I'm going to get 15mm machined off the fronts just to tuck that outer bit underneath the wing. At the minute it's a case of go over a pebble = lose the front wings. :eek:

Cheers for the feedback though, at the very least I'm gonna get some more pics to make my mind up.

Why not it will handle better and look better.. At least for an ST anyway :rasp:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
182-clue had his BBS CH's in an awesome colour get that colour

RS Megane DCi 175
^^ lol, if only I drove in a perfectly level straight line - I'd probably agree.
New tyres are a must first, so if anyone wants some 215/40/17 Toyo Proxes T1's give us a shout!

RS Megane DCi 175
Took some better pics of the wheels fitted to the rear. No scrubbage this time on the back!

Although - I'm not sure there's enough of the wheel to machine down on the fronts. I need to lose at least 10mm and that's eating into the bolt holes. i.e. there aint much metal for the bolt to hold. Am really torn as to what to do - I think you'll agree they do look good though!

dsc0286yk8.jpg

dsc0287dr2.jpg

dsc0288dd9.jpg

dsc0290cp7.jpg

^^ Wide. :D
dsc0293tr1.jpg

RS Megane DCi 175
Cheers Sam, Ad.

Yeah I like the look too - they're great on the back as is. No scrubbage.
But the fronts are no go.

Anyone know of any place in the NW that'll machine something like that? All the places I can find are essex way.

Clio MK 4
do you have a local body shop around. I'm sure theyd do it. mine dont normally do arch work and modifications but do for me as got to know them

RS Megane DCi 175
Just get some fcuking camber on those front wheels!

lol, there already is considerable camber on em - I'll get some pics up. Tyre wear is attrocious!

do you have a local body shop around. I'm sure theyd do it. mine dont normally do arch work and modifications but do for me as got to know them

Hmm, maybe arch modifications is the answer. The thing is as they stand - they don't fit. I don't want to be getting into the whole 'throwing good money after bad' scenario.

how big are they? The look like 18s

Still 17s as standard mate - slightly wider tires tho at 215. I think they look smaller than the standard wheels in real life.

Cheers for the comments though. :)