ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
240bhp? this should be interesting! but i think itll just be a 200 with gold wheels and blue paint

That's the Renault way, add a couple of well placed 'Williams' badges and some Recaros with Williams embroidered on them,
and they'll whack a few grand onto the price of a new 200 and boom, another 'limited addition'.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i dont see how any 200 being 'limited edition' can feel special, imo there's just way to many of them now and dont see how one is better than the other. renault got it right with the 182 having just the 'trophy' as a 'limited edition'

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks nice to be honest. Hope it does get produced.
Fuel would be a nightmare though. :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It wont be N/A and 240bhp, they just cant reliably get that power out of the F4R, maybe they will do an F4RT one but it seems highly unlikely, thats probably just a rubbish motoring journo who doesnt know much about engines getting carried away when asked to fabricate a story with basically no available facts yet.

Last time though the williams did have an uprated box, bigger engine, more power, more torque, wider track etc.

Ie it was a genuine and noticeable improvement on the car it was based on.

I really hope they stick to that level of commitment to making it an epic little car if they do go ahead with it.

BG 182 FF
True about the limited edition thing, Renault seem to love doing them, I'm sure they can squeeze another limited edition 200 before they release the mk4

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Too many limited editions takes away the 'special' side to the fact it's limited edition. :(

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It's either going to be epic, slightly bigger engine (don't think they can actually bore the F4R out enough to make it worthwhile, and a few other tasty handling choices (fingers crossed they don't decide to fit bigger wheels).

Or it's going to be mega s**t, basically a FF 200 with a plaque and in blue.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
The post on that website is a year old, and in the pic the car has a '10 plate on it.. I think they scrapped that idea or it never existed.

PLUS, that pic looks like they've just shopped a standard 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.