ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Xbox announced, tonight 18:00PM

Clio 172
This is weird, what do people think?
5emy6y3a.jpg

Just got that in an email from zavvi, £399

SQ5
Voice control needs to be able to differentiate my voice and the TV voice though. Was watching something before on Xbox and started rewinding all of a sudden as something must of sounded similar!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Hmmm confuse. Is it going to ship with kinect? If that Zavvi price is correct thats fine but add the price of kinect to that and it will be ~£500!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Would be nice if they released 2 versions, one for people that only want to use it for games like me and one with all this multimedia kinnect crap.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Why are people bashing the Ps4 so hard when little is known about it.

​Also, Ps3 was Much more powerful than the Xbox 360, it was held back because of cross porting games. That and their online setup was obliterated by Xbox live which was better in every way. In my opinion at least though Sony's hardware is much better.

Honda. Tesla Someday

​Also, Ps3 was Much more powerful than the Xbox 360, it was held back because of cross porting games. That and their online setup was obliterated by Xbox live which was better in every way. In my opinion at least though Sony's hardware is much better.

​Lol it was more powerful?? Where did you get that info?? It's completely incorrect!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

It wasn't held back by porting games. It was held back by a poorly chosen and difficult to design-for architecture. The Cell architecture *was* more powerful but it was less than ideal for running game code and logic. Awesome for processing data streams (video, etc.) but pants for games. Still impressive though. Hence why the PS3 and Xbox360 ended up pretty evenly matched, although the 360 had the better graphics hardware (even if it didn't always result in better visuals).

Mito Sportiva 135
Mixed opinion for me initially. Some of the media stuff looks good - but at the same time it needs to remember first and foremost it's a console to play games on - MS just need to remember this before disappearing up it's own behind. Having said that I guess the trend nowadays is towards multi function devices so even though it seems a bit long now.

​I just want to play Destiny though!!!

Titanium 182
Even without enough room to wave your arms around like a mentalist, the voice control appears to be key with the new system. Can't see why you wouldn't want to use that.
Talking to your Xbox is the way madness lies. It's also incredibly gimmicky, like a lot of the stuff Samsung keep shoehorning into their new phones. I want to play games using a controller and pressing buttons. Not talk and wave my hands around.

Spoonie: I appreciate business strategy-wise it's the correct way to go, but it doesn't mean I have to like it or give them my money. If I was going to use a car analogy, I'd say Xbox One = Clio RS 200T and PS4 = Ford Fiesta ST. One is trying to broaden its appeal while alienating its core fans along the way, the other trying to get back to it after a pretty shoddy last showing.

Titanium 182
Sky HD doesn't output audio via HDMI, so that's the HDMI IN for the Xbox One scuppered before it's even been released.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The console itself will be around £399 yeah, but then factor in the Kinect and I'd say you're looking north of £500. I'll still pay that, for my sins, but it's not cheap all in.

In hoping the Kinect stuff comes included in the original price.

Last edited:

DB.

BMW 440i
I assumed the way they showed it all together/the reliance on it that it will come together as a package.

Seems daft putting £20 down now to pre order, a bit Roy Keane!