ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New years pic's. 172 & 182

172 Flamer
Myself and Pritchard 182 set out this morning for a bit of a photoshoot after giving the cars a bit of a wash.

Thought we'd share some of the snaps with you. Pic's are un-edited. Haven't had time yet.

Please excuse my awful excuse for tyres. Thats what it come with, but will be change in due course.

DSC_1865.jpg

DSC_1886.jpg

DSC_1899.jpg

DSC_1909.jpg

DSC_1913.jpg

DSC_1876.jpg

Someone was being nosey and wanted to get involved!
DSC_1875.jpg

Dan I like this one.
DSC_1963.jpg

DSC_1967.jpg

Close...

... But not as close as this!
DSC_1981.jpg

DSC_1978.jpg

DSC_1977.jpg

DSC_1983.jpg

DSC_1990.jpg

DSC_1987.jpg

We then had a spirited drive back to Dan's to do some tinkering. Wanted to lower the car a couple of mm.

Recently had coilovers fitted and it seems as the wheel bolts were put back on with a gun, so had a bit of a mare getting them off. Used a garden rake to get some leverage.

DSC_1994.jpg

As the wheels had recently been scrubbing due to the lowness, we set off to sort it.
Removed a bit of unnecessary wheel arch lining, and this has solved the problem.

DSC_1995.jpg

DSC_2000.jpg

Once again once it started to snow we were in the mood for some more photo's. As Dan's car was tucked away in bed, we just went out in mine.

DSC_2004.jpg

DSC_2010.jpg

Sorry for the mound of pics. :D

S23

The Cleee-O
Nice fotos, both look awesome :D Loving the look of the RB, spot on with the black wheels. And it looks nice and moody without the front plate too :D . Both look lovely and shiney :)

White ds3
lol i knew that was coming. I had a private plate for christmas and took all the sticky pads off, and i am waiting for my order of fancy plates to turn up.

172 Flamer
Haven't lowered it too much more, just a couple of mm. What a difference it has made to the handling, surprising.

Last edited:
  Turbos.
Both look great. If i'm being fussy, the 182 should have matt black wheels and i'm not a fan of those full width plates as on the 172... otherwise nice!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Both looks awesome, but please get the little bumper stickers.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Both of those look amazing :D
lol @ the splitter shot, hope it didn't rub?

Oh Gar, how do you find the handling/comfort with the coilies? :)

White ds3
na didnt rub just was very close iv caught it before so will have to wetsand it in the sumer me thinks.
pm him i think hes loves them

White ds3
Dirt would show up on Black more though - I had a Black car - 3 times before I went for Monaco lol

i drove 5 miles and look in the first pik you can see the break dust thaw was driving very sensable. i wish black didnt look so good lol

172 Flamer
Oh Gar, how do you find the handling/comfort with the coilies? :)
As Dan said, I am very impressed with them. Although you can't adjust the dampening, they are great for road use. They are a bit bumpier than the standard set up, but, I honestly love it, make it feel so much sportier. :D

For the price, I can't fault them.

172 Flamer
Love the RB. Flamer just needs a couple more things and it'll look mint.
Got a couple of other subtle mod's planned, although more importantly, the dreaded cam belt is being changed this month or Feb, so I'm sure at the end of Feb i will have it looking how I want it.

Hopefully Dan will get to it with a good detailing sesh... Don't tell him tho, he don't know yet. lol :rasp: