ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie considering a 172 /182

B

bennno2005

Hi

Im Ben from Shrewsbury

I've joined because i will be getting a new car in the next few months and im considering a 172 / 182

At the moment im driving a 306 HDi with 220K on it called Barry (sort of in-between car)

Best car ive ever had was my 306 GTI 6

5.gif

Since that ive had an Astra GSI Turbo, and Audi S3 but neither suited me as i suppose im addicting to french skips (had a 106 GTI and a 206 GTI also)

Im considering a clio after having a drive in a friends 182 Trophy reminded me very much of my 306.

Not really sure what exact model to go for so advice welcomed! Has to be a phase 2 though as i really dont like the fugly phase 1.

Stripped yozza'd cup
' called Barry' lol

Don't think, just buy :)

If you want luxury (ish) then buy a full fat 182 / 172
If you want to be astounded by the sheer awesomeness of your car, buy a 172 cup :cool: (not in the slightest bit biased)
If you want an awesome drive and plan on leaving it standard, then buy a trophy.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hi, I'm from Shrewsbury ish, might have seen my inferno about?

How much you looking to spend?

B

bennno2005

Is Dave the guy with 172K trophy? As i think he is on 306gti6.com, remember looking through the trophy thread on there.

Erm i dont think so, whereabouts in shropshire?

Well ive got a max of £6K but im completly unsure as to wether to spend around that and get a trophy, or spend a bit less on a 182, or a bit less than that on a 172 cup or £2K or so on a normal 172.

Ill only be using the car at the weekend really so it seems a bit pointless me spending almost £6K on it.

At the moment im keen on the 182's in gordini blue or inferno orange.

Im still tempted by a rallye at the moment though as everyone i know with a clio has had problems with them.

Stripped yozza'd cup
If it's a weekend toy, buy a cup or a ph1 and spend some pennies on decent suspension.... You'll have an epic weekend toy for next to no money.

B

bennno2005

I definatly dont want to get a PH1 just looking at them make me want to cry.

Is there really that much difference between the Cup's and the normal models,?

B

bennno2005

Thought id bump this up and say hello again!

I decided against a clio in the end and bought a bargain GTI 6 as a bit of a project

That's been sold now as it just wasn't as good as the one i had first time round fixed one thing and something else would break, turns out they are all starting to fall apart now :lol

Im now definatly set on a 182 and want to spend up to around £3500 on one.

This one has caught my eye on pistonheads but it seems a tad expensive given the high mileage (compared to other 182's) and short MOT. Opinions or suggestions welcome!

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3026077.htm