ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie wif a sport

Clio Sport 1.4
Hey Guys, names Rich, 20 Yo,

Just recently purchased a cliosport 1.4 woop lol.

Own moddedcruizers.com so pop along and have a chat with us all sometime if u likes,

Anyone know sum decent places where i can get my engine tuned at least a little!

75 Horses aint good lol.

Thanks

Rich

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Theres nothing really you can do with the non RS models that is vfm, best off with the basic's of a panel filter, decat and full exhaust system.

the most benifital mods will be to lower it on coilovers and upgrade the brakes, this obviously wont increase you speed, but will make you much faster in the corners!

oh and Hi, Welcome to CS!

Clio Sport 1.4
Thanks for the welcome !!

Aye its cornering capability now just makes me laugh, its like full lock and no loss of control, amazing!!

Brakes was nice and sharp, there standard lucas brakes and there abit spongey now, need bigger and better soon just gunna keep my eyes out on places like ebay etc.

1.6 16v
hi fellas, could someone please put a price to these parts! im no mechanic and i dont understand the panel filter, is this better than say a bmc cda induction kit?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
A panel filter is a direct replacement for the filter you already have in there, but a performance version, so much cheaper than a complete seperate induction kit like the BMC.

People have found, on all models of clio, taht seperate induction kits mostly give incrediblely small gains or sometimes a loss of power, so are not worth the moeny paid for them. If however you just want a nice sound, then an induction kit will give you that!

ST
Welcome along matey.

Lewba....a panel filter expect to pay anything up to £40...a BMC including all the bits is around £180...suspension kit from £280 for a gas apex kit consisting off -60mm lowering springs and matched gas dampers or around £600 for coilovers that will allow you to lower a bit more than the apex kit.

Check out http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ for parts, their prices and delivery time are 2nd to none.

Al.

1.6 16v
saner u sound like u no alot about the clio, can i put disks on the back instead of the crap drums? how much u think to do as a rough price?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
To browse parts the place Alan has suggested is great, I also buy alot from there!

As for me know about clio's, most of it is from heving been on these forums far too long!

To get disc's on the back of your car you would have to get ahold of the complete rear axle and setup of the 1.6 16v that came with disc's *i think*

As far as i'm aware you cant just do a swap and I have no idea of cost, try searching the forums as i know this has been talked about before.

Personally i don't think that you need disc's on the back, drums are just fine. If you want more info give edde a PM he knows quite abit about the Mk2's

Did the search for ya:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/search.php?searchid=566700

1.6 16v
o rite! i think it just looks rubbish, personal preferace i spose! ok thanks for the help mate, im only a forum user at the moment how do i become a full member?

Clio Sport 1.4
think u have to pay for full membership m8, have no paypal myself so cant send money for membership or official stickers :-(

car? need a license 1st!
Welcome to CS Rich!

I had a 1.4 mk1 ph3 (best one ;)) clio..

Loved it, My mods were:

Full stainless steel exhuast (4-2-1 branch manifold, removed middle box)
Decat pipe
15" alloys
Pipercross induction kit.
Subaru Bonnet vent (actually improved cooling)
smoked back lights
Lowered 40mm on apex springs (never got round to full adjustables)
Sun strip
and other bits and bats.

no body work mods, as they look awsome standard :) (colour coded bumpers on RT :))

If you want more power, I suggest maybe a remap? chip? remove ur back seats?

anyways enjoy your stay fella! welcome to the family!

Rich_MC said:
Thanks for the welcome !!

Aye its cornering capability now just makes me laugh, its like full lock and no loss of control, amazing!!

Brakes was nice and sharp, there standard lucas brakes and there abit spongey now, need bigger and better soon just gunna keep my eyes out on places like ebay etc.
Stock brakes are more than adequate get the system bled the brakes were ok for the 150hp Williams so a 1.4 is no trouble.
Rear diks can be done Matt has 182 rear axles brand new in stock £500 with all you need or shop round and you can get second hand ones for £200 or so. There only 4 bolts which hold it on then you'd have to bleed the brake sand refit the handbrake cable. There no point rear drums are more than adequate plus there much cheaper.

Clio Sport 1.4
Thanks for all your replies guys :) at the mo ive got a remus backbox taken off a beemer, fitted on professionaly at rebel powerpipes up barton upon Humber, he's then making me a stainless system straight through,

as for filters, for some reason my mate keeps telling me that an induction kit doesnt do it any good and makes me slower, he jus suggested replacing the box filter, also not many people make the filters either apparently??

Front discs r spot on however an upgrade is soon on the cards, after looking at the links given earlier i think ill have to borrow the old mans credit card lol ;-)

Rich_MC said:
as for filters, for some reason my mate keeps telling me that an induction kit doesnt do it any good and makes me slower, he jus suggested replacing the box filter, also not many people make the filters either apparently??
A good filter will give gains but at this level they won't be worth much.