ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nicks 172 Cup From The Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Reshelling for that?! You f**king drama queen; I was expecting the roof to be caved in!

f**k me, I've put body coloured tape over less and people haven't noticed! (;

Flol!

As I said to you yesterday, I'll get our panel beater to have a look at it. Should be able to pin it out and beat her about abit but it's not a huge amount of damage. You'd have to properly FUBAR a roof to warrant changing it.....let alone reshell!
Stop being a tart!

Indeed a reshell does sound extreme but its something i've wanted to do for ages and don't ask me why I just have! lol If I can find the right car to break for spares which will then leave me with the shell and also the money I put into it maybe plus more. I wont be able to drive it which means I can actually save to have more nice things done to it! Plus it would be cool to start learning to build a car back up myself (with the help of some locals friends obviously ;)) but without someone else having to do all the work! Anyways I might have already found the perfect car that can be broken for spares anyway, and its mondial blue already ;)

Tim - A few people have said the same thing about battle scars, but the thing is I dont race. If I raced even then people would be like "how that happen?" All i'd look like is a plank which I dont particularly want, plus seeing as its a toy i'd like it to be a nice looking one and not some s**tter thats been bodged back together.

Cro-clio - Dont think I locked them down at all!

Nick

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sad times :( Seriously though Nick, the saxo had worse dents than that as standard lol ... its a track car FFS. Its supposed to be a shed.

Mind you, if you do buy another shell, can i have this f*cked one? I have a weird obsession with wanting to cut a clio up with an angle grinder and loading it onto the back of a transit, like a Pikey.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Nick, this is a bit of an extreme way of having an excuse to get out of Donington ;)

Really sorry to hear this though mate, hopefully the carbon bonnet and windscreen can be done easily this week.

Tbh, I think my car is more doubtful for Donny. Haii Tom :eek:

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be! I wouldn't re-shell that. But I can see why you would like to do it.

Sad times :( Seriously though Nick, the saxo had worse dents than that as standard lol ... its a track car FFS. Its supposed to be a shed.

Mind you, if you do buy another shell, can i have this f*cked one? I have a weird obsession with wanting to cut a clio up with an angle grinder and loading it onto the back of a transit, like a Pikey.

Lol I want to do that also! Was thinking more of maybe cutting the megane into pieces and putting it into the scrap clio shell and then weighing the lot in! With scrap metal being worth quite a bit atm I should do alright by weighing them two in!

Nick, this is a bit of an extreme way of having an excuse to get out of Donington ;)

Really sorry to hear this though mate, hopefully the carbon bonnet and windscreen can be done easily this week.

Tbh, I think my car is more doubtful for Donny. Haii Tom :eek:

Lol, i'll never have excuses to drop Chrisy boy ;) My wheels could be hanging off but i'll still push you around ;)

Your right though, going to be tight this week getting your car finished! Will push Tom when I see him this week, want a passenger ride in this also when its done! ITB noise FTW!

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Well unless you don't stop breaking your car, I'm sure we'll be at plenty of track days over the next year or two :)

The plan seems to be possibly putting it back to a standard inlet for the track day this weekend, depending on how easily it maps. Either way I have a new BTB exhaust and decat which will sound plenty nice enough :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The plan seems to be possibly putting it back to a standard inlet for the track day this weekend, depending on how easily it maps. Either way I have a new BTB exhaust and decat which will sound plenty nice enough :)

You mean the track day, thats in 6 days lol ...

We both know that deadlines, trackdays, & Tom dont match ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
If I could be bothered I would fancy changing one to rear wheel drive but with the engine in the front,be a good laugh that

Carbon bonnets on with new aerocatches (albeit a little pissed as the mounts underneath the hinges are fubared!) and going in tomorrow to have the windscreen replaced! So should be good for Donnington on sunday!

Going to sticker the s**t out of it also, as well as having a huge sunstrip like Burpspeeds/JMS' racecars for the lols!

Then it'll get broken for spares and shell scrapped until I find my new shell :)

Still think your mad.

Lol, and mad is me! ;)

You. Are. Bonkers.

Can i have the shell though? Could reshell the Trophy into it, just so that i could have ropey looking blue & pink clio, on TSW Stealths (which i have) complete with battle scars, for extra man points.

www.cliotrophy.co.uk would love it.

ROFL.

Lol dave, you can have the shell. You gotta come get it and it'll have no bodypanels or anything though ;)

But in all seriousness, I was having this conversation with my mate (owns his own bodyshop) who fitted the bonnet. Seeing as its a trackcar and not a racecar I still want it to look nice, plus he quoted me £500 to chuck a load of filler at it or £1000 for a completely new roof skin inc fitting/painting/labour. Now that to me seems bonkers when I can just get another Cup, break it for spares and have a clean straight shell again.

Nick

Clio 182
Hello Nick,

First of all, NICE CLIO!

I'm Richard and i live in the Netherlands.
I've a question and i hope you ore someone else on this forum can help me.
What's the name(in English) of the ring in the picture below and where can i buy it.
I can't find this one in the Netherland so i want to buy it in UK.

Thanks!!

Greetz,
Richard
Foto-EI4VDT6O.jpg

172DD Cup
cup racer tow eye more specifically. r-sport in wimbledon use to be able to get hold of them, i think they may be on here

Clio 182
Thankx to all!!

I'm looking now for a thick aluminium one, like Nick's Clio.
I think the OMP one is only in yellow.

Last edited:
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Nick, hows it looking for Sunday? Will she be ready?

Picking mine up tomorrow night (fingers crossed ;)) and driving up to Donington with Dave around 5pm Saturday, so that's your deadline :)

Clio Sport 172 ITB
really sorry to hear about the s**t luck nick! i know how you feel considering someone thought they would back into mine and then speed off.. :( any idea when the reshell is going to happen?

Before -

S1053858.jpg

S1053859.jpg

After -

S1053862.jpg

S1053865.jpg

Also got these rather special 2118's off of Sir_Dave, speedline made only 24 wheels with the Speedline Corse formed into the wheel instead of having stickers put on them like the normal ones everyone has. Only a 6J however with an ET 30 they sit in the arch nicely and in silver look pretty good I think! Do need a refurb though.

S1053864.jpg

Just a few more things to do before Donnington still -

Change rear pads
Bleed all the brakes
Fit 1 degree rear camber shims
Oil and filter

Then she'll be all ready for Sunday!

Cheers
Nick

Nick, hows it looking for Sunday? Will she be ready?

Picking mine up tomorrow night (fingers crossed ;)) and driving up to Donington with Dave around 5pm Saturday, so that's your deadline :)

Lol, she'll be there dont you worry about that. Just make sure you make it alright! ;)

really sorry to hear about the s**t luck nick! i know how you feel considering someone thought they would back into mine and then speed off.. :( any idea when the reshell is going to happen?

Cheers dude, yeah pretty s**t feeling I can imagine. Pretty much found the car i'm going to buy to use the cage, so as soon as the pennies are in the bank i'm heading over to get it! Then i've set myself until the end of the year to make one good Cup out of 2 shitters! ;)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Very good effort mate, carbon bonnet looks lovely :)

What camber are you running front and rear now then?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Bonnet looks good, never seen those wheels before. I assume your not using the 25mm spacers now? I personally wouldn't reshell it now. If you bin it at a trackday the. Maybe reshel it if it's bent! Have fun at the trackday tho mate

Status
Not open for further replies.