ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Stunning mate, i hope to see this at a meet, Merk's race base EK9 was so impressive id be interested to see how this compares!:approve:

Charged Superleggera
Thanks for the comments guys :) Yeh danny hopefully once it gets a bit warmer mate will try to get to a few meets. Not been to a cs meet for a good few years now so would be good to make it to one this year. Also would be good to see merks 9 as its a pretty well set up car.

Being the opposite end of the country I very much doubt it'd be a meet I'd get to, pity as I'd certainly like to take a look and have a passenger seat run in it.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
looking good mate defo need to see this at a meet, seen it when dean had it buts its coming along well!

Charged Superleggera
Turkish, defo mate. Might be at jap show next year if your there?

Thanks gaz. Hopefully once its back on the road, I will try to get it to a few meets mate.

cliobritt yes mate the ek9 washers were not blocked but the spray was poor. Its the same for all old civics really. The jets dont really spray the water on, instead its almost like it just gets splatered on. Alot of people opt to change them over for jazz jets as its a straight swap and they work as washer jets should. Think they were just under £30 for the 2 jets from honda.

Charged Superleggera
Ordered a rear diffuser yesterday. Always loved the aggressive time attack look and should complement the look of the arc winglets on the front bumper too. Will be a hit or miss if it gives any improvement in aerodynamics as its not getting tested obviously but as a diffuser it should reduce at least some of the drag caused by the rear bumper acting like a scoop. Also im thinking of putting in an under tray down the line to flatten out the belly to complement it. Im not expecting anything from it right now and might even cause drag but i always wanted to try that look.

Exact same as this one but in black rather than kevlar. There are no second hand kevlar ones kicking about and i couldnt justify paying £900 for an s2000 spoon one and then chopping it up to make it fit.

3844682927_22bb3eb8d2_o.jpg

3679301871_7ca432d3f6_b.jpg

3680113906_f3ddc3506b_b.jpg

3626707985_da26166016_b.jpg

2.jpg

Turkish, defo mate. Might be at jap show next year if your there?

Which one? There are a few IIRC, JAE which is normally up your end of the country and Japfest which is down here.

I know that along with new H badges for the front and rear will be the first mods on mine when I finally pick one up. Hopefully before Jan is out I'll have one in my possession.

Diffuser will look pretty aggressive and go well with the ARC's imo, think I prefer the look of the first one to the S2000 type anyway tbh.

Charged Superleggera
Cheers stevie. See you've got yourself an eg4 now aswell mate. Have you started on the h22b conversion yet?

Turkish- Its Japfest, which i think is sometime in mid may at Castle Combe. Hopefully im done with my exams by then as i have always wanted to go.

Faded honda badges are certainly not a good look and fresh ones make such a difference imo. Take it your still after a cw rx? also have you went and seen any recently?

Yup, it HAS to be CW, most promising one is the one Dunx has, I viewed it and it looked very fresh compared to the others I've seen. I've had a couple of financial set backs lately and I wasn't about to borrow money for a car if I could help it so I'd had to postpone making an offer. If he still has it plan is to take my mate who's a tech along just to make me 100% sure it's spot on then buy it. Hopefully it'll happen before the month is out if everything falls into place.

Castle Combe is literally 15-20 mins from my place so give me a shout if you do make it down I'll definitely pop along.

Makes a huge difference like you say, an otherwise crisp looking car is let down if it has faded pink badges and scabby peeling decals on the boot and 1/4's.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Cheers stevie. See you've got yourself an eg4 now aswell mate. Have you started on the h22b conversion yet?

Yeah, bought one just before christmas ready for the build. Haven't started yet as im still collecting all the parts to go into the build.
Got the JDM H22a engine, which im rebuilding at the moment, Integra s80 LSD gearbox, and a few other bits and pieces. Still got a alot of stuff to get and strip the Eg.
Hopefully wont take long once i have all the parts, aiming to get it driving by may and hopefully tuned during may ready to get on track a japfest at castle combe :)

LY R26
car just keeps getting better mate! love it.

you back in dundee yeah? need to pop over sometime im down at the girlfriends for a while so just over the road, give me a text and let me know when your free mate!

Charged Superleggera
Cheers rich. I was back the whole of last week but im back in Edinburgh now. Got exams coming up in the next few weeks so just trying to prepare for them atm. Will hopefully be back in Dundee, in a few weeks time though so will give you a shout when im through there mate. how you getting on with the new car then? got anything lined up for it?

Charged Superleggera
Yup, it HAS to be CW, most promising one is the one Dunx has, I viewed it and it looked very fresh compared to the others I've seen. I've had a couple of financial set backs lately and I wasn't about to borrow money for a car if I could help it so I'd had to postpone making an offer. If he still has it plan is to take my mate who's a tech along just to make me 100% sure it's spot on then buy it. Hopefully it'll happen before the month is out if everything falls into place.

Castle Combe is literally 15-20 mins from my place so give me a shout if you do make it down I'll definitely pop along.

Makes a huge difference like you say, an otherwise crisp looking car is let down if it has faded pink badges and scabby peeling decals on the boot and 1/4's.

Best colour imo for any type r. yeh im sure i saw the one dunx was selling. was that not featured in a mag at some point? Dunx has imported a fair few ek9's over the years and most have been mint examples tbh. yeh always good to have another set of eyes check the car out but generally these cars are bullet proof as long as they have been serviced as you will know. Yeh fingers crossed it all goes smooth for you mate and let us know how you get on :)

yeh definitely mate. I still dont know when my end of semester exam will be but will know nearer the time.

Yeah, bought one just before christmas ready for the build. Haven't started yet as im still collecting all the parts to go into the build.
Got the JDM H22a engine, which im rebuilding at the moment, Integra s80 LSD gearbox, and a few other bits and pieces. Still got a alot of stuff to get and strip the Eg.
Hopefully wont take long once i have all the parts, aiming to get it driving by may and hopefully tuned during may ready to get on track a japfest at castle combe :)

Nice one mate. Sounds like its going to be an animal. The h22b conversion is very much an underestimated conversion. K20 power for a fraction of the cost. Glad you went for the s80 over the s4c box. Take it your sticking with the stock teg gear ratios? also this build needs a well documented project thread so be sure to take lots of pics on the way :)

like the plan of the rear diffuser, something i am also looking into on the clio.
do love this build

cheers mate :) would certainly be interesting to see what it looks like on the 172 as i dont think i have ever saw one with a diffuser. I vaguely remember seeing a 197 diffuser being retrofitted onto a ph2 172 rear bumper but never one with an fd style diffuser.

Charged Superleggera
yeh deserves to be an ek9 tbh. Surprised its not with the amount of money spent on it and yeh turkish its a j's tilt bracket that has been cut down slightly. i like the subtle tilt tbh. Not a fan of the crazy tilt where the car looks like its about to take off though.

Charged Superleggera
Appreciated Gaz :)

Update

Got the recaro extra low rails meaning i could finally fit the seats.

Photo3445.jpg

Photo3446.jpg

Originally i bought a tomi makinin edition recaro to go in the passenger side but when a brand new jdm ep3 seat came up i bought that and decided to use it instead and just sell the tomi makinin one on.

Photo3479-1.jpg

Photo3468-1.jpg

JDM ep3 passenger seat.

Photo3444.jpg

Photo3477-1.jpg

Since the seats were out i decide to hoover before fitting the new one in. The mess was mainly from when i fitted the steering wheel.

before:

Photo3507.jpg

after:

Photo3519.jpg

Photo3518.jpg

passenger side fitted

Photo3520.jpg

Photo3524.jpg

Photo3521.jpg

Photo3525.jpg

drivers side:

Photo3536.jpg

Photo3537.jpg

Photo3538.jpg

Photo3541.jpg

Photo3543.jpg

Photo3544.jpg

Invested in some pressed jdm plates.

Photo3499.jpg

Photo3497.jpg

Photo3498.jpg

fitted;

Photo3527.jpg

Photo3528.jpg

Photo3530.jpg

rear

Photo3533.jpg

Photo3535.jpg

Also ordered a set of upper and lower braces for the mircile cross bar. Didnt have time to get them fitted in the weekend but will be a job for this week.

Photo3553.jpg

Photo3554.jpg

Photo3556.jpg

aem fuel rail. just waiting on a braided fuel line arriving so i can get it fitted

Photo3551.jpg

Photo3550.jpg

The k20 conversion mounts arrived afew weeks ago aswell but as some if you know i have decided to keep the set up i have at the moment so the conversion mounts will be going up for sale soon.

Photo3563.jpg

Photo3565.jpg

Photo3566.jpg

Finished off polishing the spoon b pipe after getting the baffles taken out as they were broken inside.

Photo3568.jpg

Attempted to fit it the next day with the help of sean and stu but the bolts would not budge. so will be getting an angle grinder to them next week after i buy new bolts to replace them. and since we couldnt get the b pipe off we decided to give seans jordan a quick once over.

Photo3509.jpg

Photo3510.jpg

Photo3517.jpg

Photo3516.jpg

Photo3514.jpg

Photo3513.jpg

Ordered a new suction camera mount.

Photo3526.jpg

couple of stickers for the back of the recaro seat

Photo3547.jpg

Photo3549.jpg

tilt bracket yet to be fitted

Photo3496.jpg

Took the spoiler off in preparation for fitting the tilt brackets. Was quite dirty so gave it a quick wipe.

Photo3545.jpg

Photo3558.jpg

Photo3562.jpg

Photo3559.jpg

havent yet fitted the tilt brackets as i ran out of time but again will be a job for the weekend.

Got the diffuser i ordered a few weeks ago aswell. will need abit of adjusting to get it fitted but should be straight forward.

Photo3489.jpg

Rough idea of how its going to look. didn't have time to mock fit it properly but hopefully will have it properly on within the next couple of weeks.

Photo3504.jpg

Firas

Just keeps getting better mate, look forward to the next update. Don't go too crazy with the tilt, airbrake kicking in FTL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like Si said, it just keeps getting better! Love the diffuser, but can't help thinking you need more poke from the wheels now. They look a little lost.

Interior and bay are perfect now.

Charged Superleggera
Thanks for the comments guys.

Si- Im still not 100% sure about the tilt brackets yet but i thought i would try them to see what they would look like with the diffuser on the lowest setting. Im only after maybe 10-20 degrees of tilt if that. I hate the air brake look aswell.

Chris- The wheels are going to have to come out in order to clear the spoon brakes. I have spacers ready to go on once i get round to fitting the spoons. Missed out on a set of Reggas that i was going to bid on with a wider offset. They would have been perfect as im not the biggest fan of using spacers and longer studs.

The 16" regas on that lads EK in the states have cracking stance imo, not sure on the specs although I know it's in his thread on EK9.org and likewise I'm not sure if they would solve the clearance issues either.

Charged Superleggera
cant remember seeing that ek Si. do you remember what the guys user name is? oem ek9 enkei's are et 50. Most reggas in ek9 fitment are 45 or 42. i have 42's and i need around 5mm spacers to clear the spoon calipers. the set i missed out on were 35 offset so would have been perfect.

Charged Superleggera
oh yeh remember seeing that in the summer. looks stunning and is one of my favourite ek's on the forum. Love the backyard special bumpers but just a shame they are unjustifiably expensive. hmm I think that they are spaced but just a wide offset. Does sit nicely though on those reggas though.

specs are on the page previous to the one I posted, could always PM the guy and confirm whether he's running spacer or not.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my. You just don't hang about do you.

Utter utter p**n.

Than spoon pipe is going to sound mental with no baffles surely? Oh and definitely air brake ftl!

Another thing mate, as most know I have very little knoweledge of the jap scene but those wheels are letting the finish of the car down a little. :eek: Sowy!

Charged Superleggera
Thanks again guys for the positive comments. :)

specs are on the page previous to the one I posted, could always PM the guy and confirm whether he's running spacer or not.

Yeh just had a quick look again and he isnt running any spacers but they are et 35 which explains the poke. This has made me even more gutted about missing out on the ones that went on ebay last week lol.

Oh my. You just don't hang about do you.

Utter utter p**n.

Than spoon pipe is going to sound mental with no baffles surely? Oh and definitely air brake ftl!

Another thing mate, as most know I have very little knoweledge of the jap scene but those wheels are letting the finish of the car down a little. :eek: Sowy!

cheers gally. yeh the b pipe should sound pretty insane especially with the 2.5" decat. The current system is already pretty loud but i feel is a bit restrictive. haha gally i guess the reggas are a love or hate thing. I honestly could not think of what i could replace them with. I like the volk cen28n's and the sprint harts but they are stupidly rare and te37's are abit too common now. Have thought about enkei rpf1's before aswell which i have always liked but regamasters have always been my all time favourite. You dont see many folk with them and they are very light. I think maybe once i get everything else done i will probably buy another set of rims for a change and keep the reggas for the track.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Awesome, love the diffuser. Not a fan of the drivers seat, ott for road cars imo.