ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
This is going to make an epic second hand car if you ever have the heart to sell. It's gorgeous. Every mod is perfect too! Hats off indeed.

This is brilliant!
I'd love to be able to do something like it at one point.
Only thing I'd change would be the front bumper for a facelift one, but that's personal preference I guess.
Keep it up!

Charged Superleggera
thanks for the positive comments guys. tis much appreciated as usual :)

supercharged sticker from a polo g40 iirc

tis indeed mate.

This is going to make an epic second hand car if you ever have the heart to sell. It's gorgeous. Every mod is perfect too! Hats off indeed.

haha cheers mate :). if it ever gets sold it will be in bits. otherwise i probably wont even see half the money i put into it. Not thinking about selling at the moment though and just enjoying working on it and driving it when i get the chance.

This is brilliant!
I'd love to be able to do something like it at one point.
Only thing I'd change would be the front bumper for a facelift one, but that's personal preference I guess.
Keep it up!

cheers mate. I thought about a facelift conversion at the start but the prefacelift look grew fast on me. personally think the front end on the prefacelifts look more aggressive but again as you say its all down to personal preference.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You're a hero. Or you were, until you mentioned HID's in non-projector headlights. Utter gashment.

Charged Superleggera
Thanks for the comments folk

You are the hero of ClioSport.

Loving the Spoon callipers. Epic, epic stuff.

cheers chris :)

You're a hero. Or you were, until you mentioned HID's in non-projector headlights. Utter gashment.

haha knew there was gonna be some controversy about the hid's but if it wasnt for the poor ek9 headlights i wouldnt have bought them. Its not so bad in areas with street lights but as soon as you get to unlit areas its almost as bad as driving in thick fog. Not sure if all ek9's are like this but my ones seem to be useless and i would rather have visbaility than lack of it. Once they are fitted i will know for sure if they are staying on or coming off.

I bet those Spoon calipers cost more than my car!! Lol.

haha revels they also cost neary twice what my runaround cost me lol. To be fair they do cost a fortune but as with all spoon stuff its easy to sell if you ever need to

Epic.

Brilliant mate!! What a project!

cheers man :)

Charged Superleggera
haha aw nice one mate. see you got a zetec s in the end. Will give you a txt when im back in a few weeks richy mate and you will need to take me out for a spin in it ;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dude dont use yellow stuff!! they are possibly the worst pads ever! i would rather use oem pads lol!! get some project mu pads... trust me.

LY R26
yeah man, was a good buy like, specially for me considering the circumstances, yeah man no probs, needs some of your influences anyway haha!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The EK9's suffer voltage drop through the stalk.

Set up a direct feed from the battery to the headlights.

This'll sort out the dim ness.

Charged Superleggera
dude dont use yellow stuff!! they are possibly the worst pads ever! i would rather use oem pads lol!! get some project mu pads... trust me.

haha i know they were not my choice mate, they came with the car and would be ashame to just chuck them in the bin. for the nurburgring trip i will be getting some Carbone Lorraine's or project mu pads. only heard good things about them but only problem being is that they are not too good when cold and are pretty noisy when cold too.

That new Recaro you have purchased is pure sex piss!

cheers mate. tis a nice seat to sit in. should hopefully have the recaro subframe through the door sometime this week so i can get it fitted.

yeah man, was a good buy like, specially for me considering the circumstances, yeah man no probs, needs some of your influences anyway haha!

aye its defo a good move mate. you got any plans for it or you just looking to keep it standard richy?

The EK9's suffer voltage drop through the stalk.

Set up a direct feed from the battery to the headlights.
This'll sort out the dim ness.

yeh the voltage drops are certainly noticable and make the lighting even worse. The earthing kit and buddyclub condenser have improved it but still wasnt a cure unfortunatly. doesnt help that one of the previous owners masacred the wiring going to the headlights aswell. Gonna see if i can run a direct feed as you say and see if that cures the problem. thanks for the heads up mate.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd do everything to avoid using the HID's. Many reasons, but also the new MOT reg's mean it won't get through with them, and the police are getting much tighter on them.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
yeah hids would let this thing down so much imo, youve gone to such massive lenths to create this awsome motor sticking hids on would just lower the tone of it.

people always moan about there lights but my 16 year old 106 lights do the job just fine, youve just got to accept its night time so seeing things like the day isnt going to happen lol.

total respect for the money and lenths youve gone to to build this things dread to think of the cost so far.

Charged Superleggera
aye to be fair i much prefer the yellow look of jdm headlights but its just the lack of visibility that was getting annoying so hopefully by rewiring the headlights directly to the battery should solve this problem meaning i could just sell the hid's on. yeh mate i heard about the new regulations. Wont be for another year or so iirc but still something to consider i suppose.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
No worries.

Get some bright bulbs from halfords etc, get 2 4 pin relays too and some black fairly thick wiring. Its a fairly easy job, just place the relays behind the head lamps. You should gain about one volt.

Which if a lamp is only getting 10v will give you nearly 10% more light.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Very impressive. It's clearly a labour of love! Jap parts demand a fair premium, so i rather you than me.

Good work tho and attention to detail! Need to pop in and see it next time i pass Scumdee!

LY R26
I'm a man of two minds mate, really want to go wild but want a project so don't know wether to leave it be and splash out on a project, or make the fiesta the project? guess we will see soon! if you need brighter bulbs mate give me a shout and il get you discount ha, it's buy one get one free ATM too buddy!

Charged Superleggera
No worries.

Get some bright bulbs from halfords etc, get 2 4 pin relays too and some black fairly thick wiring. Its a fairly easy job, just place the relays behind the head lamps. You should gain about one volt.

Which if a lamp is only getting 10v will give you nearly 10% more light.

Thanks again mate. fingers crossed it works.

Very impressive. It's clearly a labour of love! Jap parts demand a fair premium, so i rather you than me.

Good work tho and attention to detail! Need to pop in and see it next time i pass Scumdee!

cheers ali. yeh sure mate, give me a shout next time your through here.

I'm a man of two minds mate, really want to go wild but want a project so don't know wether to leave it be and splash out on a project, or make the fiesta the project? guess we will see soon! if you need brighter bulbs mate give me a shout and il get you discount ha, it's buy one get one free ATM too buddy!

should leave it as it is richy imo. Not an awful lot you could do to them i dont think and a saxo or an eg civic would be a better base for a project imo. Keith just bought a b16'd eg and it does shift likes and more importantly it handles really well too. haha you working at halfords now richy? quality mate will need to pop by whenever im back in dundee for a chat and to pick up a couple of those bulbs man

Charged Superleggera
update:

Got the subframes through the door today. They are the aluminium Recaro subframes, which will bolt onto my old ek9 recaro runners. Pretty surprised at how light they are compared to subframes i have had in the past.

Photo3256.jpg

Photo3257.jpg

Photo3258.jpg

Photo3258.jpg

Photo3260.jpg

Old ek9 recaro runners. will split them during the week and bolt up the whole lot properly to the seat ready to be fitted

Photo3248.jpg

Mock fitted the subframe.

Photo3246.jpg

Photo3245.jpg

Photo3250.jpg

Photo3252.jpg

Firas

LY R26
yeah man hence why I am in 2 minds:( think that's what il be doong anyway! yeah mate managed to pick up a good feelw hours plus the discounts alright haha, yeah I was speaking to him the other weekend mate, no probs mate let me know!

Charged Superleggera
Sound good richy mate. will give you a text when im back in dundee mate and we will defo have to meet up :)

just read this from start to finish and what a epic car and project, if i was wearing a hat right now it would be off to you. such attention to detail and the sheer amount of money you must have spent is ridiculous! am i right in thinking those wheels nuts were £110! i wish i had that sort of money to spend on a car, and i wish i had yours, inspirational to others

Charged Superleggera
Seat looks shithot Doc!

Sell me a recaro for the 197 :cool:

cheers mikey ;). loved the 197 aswell the other night. A set of 197 recaros would defo finish it off nicely. get it done man!

just read this from start to finish and what a epic car and project, if i was wearing a hat right now it would be off to you. such attention to detail and the sheer amount of money you must have spent is ridiculous! am i right in thinking those wheels nuts were £110! i wish i had that sort of money to spend on a car, and i wish i had yours, inspirational to others

cheers man. much appreciated :). Price varies on the Rays wheel nuts but generally will cost from £95-140 for a set depending on the model of car.

Super effort your making on this ...

Thanks ian :)

Evo 5 RS
Utterly mental amount of cash gone into this so far by the looks of it. Simply amazing - #1 progress thread for me :) (as a potential EK9 buyer ;))

Charged Superleggera
Originally chris i wanted to keep the passenger ek9 recaro as it is but decided that it would be best to change that too (easier to sell ek9 recaros as a pair) so it will be getting replaced by a reclining recaro seat of somesort preferably a jdm ep3 one just because it looks less dated than the ek9 recaros and also i prefer the back of them which is black rather than red like the ek9 recaros. I would love it if i could get hold of a minted tommi makinen edition red recaro as i have always thought they were really smart. Wouldnt mind a pole position too but i think if were to buy another fixed recaro it would be an spg profi in red as there isnt a big difference between them in terms of price.