ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No compromise Supercharged ek9 progress thread

Charged Superleggera
cheers :)

Decided not to bother with the stickers Si, not completely ruled it out but im liking the clean look the way it is just now. Not sure when tbh mate but i was told it would be out on the 1st of the month.

I'll keep an eye out. Btw meant to ask you about your recaro mats as I'm thinking about pulling the OEM ones out and putting them to one side. Wanted an idea on price and where you got them? Feel free to PM if you don't want to post it up on here.

The other question was whether you're running camber adjusters front and rear? Your ride height is bang on IMO but I'm not about to drop mine to that height yet if I need to buy a few parts to sort the geometry out.

Charged Superleggera
Will pm you details about the mats Si.

Im not running camber arms but i will be getting a full geo eventually and so will have a set fitted for when that gets done. Its fine the way it is though as in the camber isn't at a level where its going to destroy the tyres.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks immense mate, congrats on the feature.

That seat is the icing on the cake. Simply amazing!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Amazing work getting the magazine feature. Well deserved.

Miles away from the Clio 1.2 days mate ;)

No problem helping out though, was good. For the record this thing is quick - very quick, its hard to explain but its just mental with that supercharger.

Charged Superleggera
Looks immense mate, congrats on the feature.

That seat is the icing on the cake. Simply amazing!

cheers gally. Appreciated mate.

Amazing work getting the magazine feature. Well deserved.

Miles away from the Clio 1.2 days mate ;)

No problem helping out though, was good. For the record this thing is quick - very quick, its hard to explain but its just mental with that supercharger.

Thanks again for your help ben mate. haha yeh its a bit different from the clio but i still do miss it sometimes.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Superb mate! The attention to detail on the build is incredible.

Charged Superleggera
Appreciated guys :)

Not been doing much recently to the car as i have exams coming up in less than a week. Just bought a set of s2k clocks which i will have to modify the connectors to accept the ek loom. Just need to find a plate of carbon or kevlar now so i can get a bezel cut out for it. I think im going to hold on to my ek9 clocks though as once the novelty has worn out on these i will no doubt want to see the 10k/rpm rev counter back :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there someone on HT making a custom dial surround to replace the stock one which makes the S2000 cluster sit in the dash and look factory rather than having a flat sheet of carbon in there? Either way it's a cool mod, can't imagine there are many in the UK with that at all.

Charged Superleggera
got a link si? think since the ap1 cluster is a bit smaller in size than the ek one you will still have to have a plate of some sort in the back. Be interested to see if someone found a way of doing it differently though.

Yeh there are not that many in the uk, I already have a wiring diagram off HT so i could get one made up myself for pennies. I will hold onto the ek9 cluster regardless though.

I honestly can't remember the thread as it was months ago, if it wasn't on HT it would have been on K20 forums but I'm sure I remember seeing a moulded more oem look modded dial surround for people swapping to S2k clusters.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
Take you know that this is in fast this mouth, got it thro the door the day

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can't concentrate on anything in this thread until you get rid of the old sticky residue off the back of the wheels.

And they're chipped to fcuk!

Photo3854.jpg

Charged Superleggera
Not too bothered about the sticky residue just now but will be cleaning the insides of the wheels when i get round to fitting the new discs before mot time. Got exams to worry about just now.

And they are not chipped to f**k. The black stuff is dirt and considering its the original paint on them, they are in very good condition. The turni's on my clio were worse and they were refurbed before i put them on.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Alright, don't get your knickers in a twist.

I'm just saying, if i'd have spent as much as you've spent on this car, little things like that would annoy me.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Seen the feature looks ace not feeling the different seat but still ace non the less

Astra Twintop
Possible stupid question.............
Seen those wheel nuts on ebay, and now on your motor.

Surely none of them are locking wheel nuts? And any opportunistic shite bag could whip your wheels?

Charged Superleggera
Seen the feature looks ace not feeling the different seat but still ace non the less

cheers bifcaids. Not seen the feature yet myself but will pick up a copy this week and have a read.

S2K clocks seem to be on the up in Civics. I've an acquaintance with a Turbo'd civic coupe, and he's just got some S2K clocks to fit.

There is a guy that has started to make a wiring harnesses for them to make them virtually plug and play and thats why you will start to see more of them on civics gaz. will also mean that the price of s2k clusters will go up, which is why i got mines early.

Possible stupid question.............
Seen those wheel nuts on ebay, and now on your motor.

Surely none of them are locking wheel nuts? And any opportunistic s**te bag could whip your wheels?

My rays nuts were locking but the d1 spec arent. You can buy a set of locking nuts to go with them but i think im done with forged aluminium nuts anyway so will probably replace them with a set of open ended steel nuts with lockers soon. Aluminium nuts are no use for the track as they loosen up with heat. thats why MSA requires competition cars to run steel nuts for that very reason.

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got open ended steel ones on the rx7 they are plated gold and came with a special socket (normal one wont go over or even start to grip...) cost like 30 quid for the set and tbh hardly weigh any more than alloy ones...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yea its not out yet, they are sent to me so whatch out youll start getting them lol at least your post isnt addressed to Mr Michael BIFCAIDS Dean lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Yea its not out yet, they are sent to me so whatch out youll start getting them lol at least your post isnt addressed to Mr Michael BIFCAIDS Dean lol

yeah sorry about that, i think i set you up on a system (as explained before), you were only meant to get the issue you were in, but for some reason you have stayed on it and keep receiving them, i know a few others like that too...lol
firas i would do the same for you but i am no longer there, speak to jules and get him to sort you with some

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Picked the magazine up last night mate, good wee read, lol at you all tarted up ;)

Thanks for the wee mention though. Some 'intresting' cars in the magazine.

Charged Superleggera
LOL that was me straight from the hospital, which is why we finished so late. I havent read the fature yet as i have been busy with exams but will pick up a copy tomorrow at some point. Credit where its due mate ;) im back in dundee next week so will give you a shout when im through :)

Charged Superleggera
yeah sorry about that, i think i set you up on a system (as explained before), you were only meant to get the issue you were in, but for some reason you have stayed on it and keep receiving them, i know a few others like that too...lol
firas i would do the same for you but i am no longer there, speak to jules and get him to sort you with some

No worries Neil. I will send jules an email :)

Charged Superleggera
i got open ended steel ones on the rx7 they are plated gold and came with a special socket (normal one wont go over or even start to grip...) cost like 30 quid for the set and tbh hardly weigh any more than alloy ones...

Exact same thing im wanting mate. Got a link for them?

Picked up a copy despite almost putting it back on the shelf for fear of looking like a r****d at my age buying a mag with stickers on the front and naff cars on the cover.

Charged Superleggera
I thought I recognised this, reading through fastcar, it was only second time through that I put two and two together :) car is naughty mate! Enjoyed reading about it

cheers mate :)

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop...&categoryid=13&product=Gold+Steel+Spline+Nuts

exact ones i have, 100% recomend them and they are cheap as f**k too

Thanks for the link malice. Exactly what i want.

Picked up a copy despite almost putting it back on the shelf for fear of looking like a r****d at my age buying a mag with stickers on the front and naff cars on the cover.

Lol si not fancy sticker bombing your 9 then :p

If I did it wouldn't be courtesy of a stickerbomb book or from the offerings handed out on a mag. Just felt a bit like I was buying a spotty teenagers magazine with the plastic cover stuffed with giveaway junk. :eek:

Also I seem to remember reading 1993 in the article, if so they either had a typo in it or have no clue what age your car (or any EK9) is!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Congrats on the feature. Car looks amazing in them last pics posted.