ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob thread: Need some buying advice please!

'02 1.4 16v Auto
I'm looking around for a car at the moment (Has to be auto due to medical condition. It'll also be my first.) and came across a clio that is about 13 miles away from me:

Click here - It's the 4th car up - 2002 1.4 Privilage £4500 in Black

I'm quite interested in this because of the fact of getting a 12 month warranty (Dad was quite insistant on a trader/dealer to get a warranty.) on top of the nice extras such as A/C and CD player. What I'm wondering is, how is the price for what the car is? And is there anything major I should look out for?

Thanks,

Karl :)

CB600FS
Even for an 02 I'd say thats a fair price considering your getting 12 months MOT, and a full service, ontop of the fact that its only done 12k miles.

I'd be asking if they've done the cambelt though but its not a biggy on them.

Clio PRIVILEGE 1.4
that car is still about £600-£800 too much!
Get them to knock the price down ive got an 1.4 privilege 33000 miles on the clock auto 51 plate and i paid 2900 for it !
absoloutly immaculate conditon and 12 months warranty tax etc from a garage
plus its a nice sexy 3 door

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Get them to knock the price down ive got an 1.4 privilege 33000 miles on the clock auto 51 plate and i paid 2900 for it !

Nice edit(s);)

That car has done 21000 miles less than yours and is newer remember. 5 doors also cheaper to insure.

Clio PRIVILEGE 1.4

Nice edit(s);)

That car has done 21000 miles less than yours and is newer remember. 5 doors also cheaper to insure.

yeah but £4200 for a 2002?!!!!!

'02 1.4 16v Auto
Thanks for the replies :)

Went to have a look at it today (Being Sunday, we knew no-one would be there but it was good to see it in the metal.) and was impressed with it on the inside (Through the windows at least!) but the outside however was a bit tatty, especially when it came to the alloys - They looked as though they had been kerbed quite a lot as they were very scuffed. There was also a few paint chips towards the front raning in size from that of a pea to that of two 5p's side-by-side. My Dad also noticed a dcrape on the end panel on the driver's-side of the front bumper.

Overall, we weren't too impressed with the exterior, but the interior did look Ok and it did look quite neat in black. I'm hoping to go back during the week with the intention to buy it :D

Anyone know of any places that can restore the alloys and that are located in the south, Portsmotuh or Fareham way?