ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not so fast 172

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 17 March 2003

Thats all i got to say
good, I left this post the way it was and wasnt going to reply but you are an immature person, I very much doubt that you own a 172 let alone a car. Every post you make is unhelpfull and unwelcome.

I dont have to work for Renault for 5 years (i doubt you have too) to notice the 172 and normal models are simmilar. Thats what gives it a sleeper quality. Only enthusiasts know what it is.

If you really worked for Renault you would realise that any car made by a manufacturor is for money making purposes you dumb sh*t.. what you think they make cars for fun ?

Honestly some people on these forums really do just post crap in order to get noticed, this place would be better without them. However, this is not to say that no-one is entitled to an opinion.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

just reading through the thread what did shorty say? that was so terrible?

just because the mk2 owners dont like what he said he gets flamed!!

chill out mk2 owners!! its just his opinion!!

I dont like to alloys on the mk2 ( before any one says i am sl*gging it off i have one) But they do not look like trims!!. As for styling at the end of the day the 172s both mk1 and mk2 are both standard bodys with a kit on. They will look like the lower engined models because that are the same body.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i like the rear end of the mk2 and the front of a mk1

the dash of a mk2 is sooo much better (maybe not built better)

but then the dash matches the exterior as the mk2 is more angular and the mk1 is more curvy.

i do not like the front end of the mk2 at all its too fussy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 17 March 2003

just reading through the thread what did shorty say? that was so terrible?

just because the mk2 owners dont like what he said he gets flamed!!

chill out mk2 owners!! its just his opinion!!

As I said in my last post everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there is voicing your opinion and there is just blatent sl*gging, I read this forum for the valuable information, and to read other peoples opinions.

Not to read someone sl*gging off my car and making immature comments like my mark 1 killed a mark 2.. really .. same engine, mk2 has different box that makes it have more torque, which offsets the weight difference.

I guess at the end of the day I dont believe anything that shorty has posted, I think he is making up everything. But as I cant prove it, I dont say it.

Tom, I like the mk2 front end better.. it looks lurvley.. but hey I am not going to sl*g off the mk1 cause I dont like the styling off it. I know the mk1 must be a great car.. else they wouldnt have made a mk2. opinions vary and thats what I like about this forum.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ok fair enough his way of putting it is a bit strange but you get what he means

Exactly, he was making statements, not opinions. He said the mk2 are slower and that they look worse than mk1s, as if he knows, how can he when it can only be opinion based?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

but thats the way you have to take it rob

how could he possibly make statements?

but reacting that way arguments start

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Rob is right, those were clearly statements BUT

lets just let this thread die..

it contains no usefull information whatsoever...

:sick:

LOL Class - they are both boring too look at!! In fact Mr Job Bloggs would never know they are sporty at all - especially in Silver! [flamesuit on]

IMO the mk1 is the cult car, and the only colour they should of made was titanium silver, they shouldnt of brought out mk2s etc and cups they always do this same with the williams. When i bought it i got told itd be exclusive? I test drove the mk2 and even though it had less torque steer i felt it had been dulled from the manic way mine drives.

i really hate to be the sober voice of reason (god dam there goes my image) but as long as everyone is happy with the car they have who da fcuk cares, we all have different tastes and as long as we have got what we want from our cars why b**ch about which clio is best, theyre all cool thats why we are on here :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

rubbish!!

although that mk1 needs permision from the tower before it can go out for a drive

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well I have posted standard images.. i dont think either has been modified in any way (i know mine hasent apart for some very tastefull renault logod dust caps)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

do you mind?

do i call your car gay?- oh yeah i do dont i!! hahahahahaha

IMO the mk 1 is better in every aspect visually, also the manager of the local dealership said its the best one even though i was looking at the mk2 LOL. The cups no faster than the mk1 take out my spare wheel and kit which i have done and there the same weight anyway, plus ive got all the luxury hehe

Also i cant see how a steering wheel can be Gay lol, the only thing i dont like is its too big

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 17 March 2003

The mk1 steering wheel is well gay! Our mk2 cupholders are perfect for large mcdonalds drinks :)
LOL, I was using my cup holder for precisly that today.. mmmm McChiken sandwidge meal.. mmmMMmm..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

mk II gets a nice sliver thingmy jig around them instead.. mk2 still wins.. NEXT !!

Didnt notice that, i like the classy silver bits but white dials are cool too.

KDF - Supersize meals a bit more of a challenge!