ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not so fast 172

Can I see alloy pedals on both models?...v nice.

Are the steering wheels leather atall?... both nice as i say... I prefer the front of the mk2s though I reckon.

As for this performance difference stuff... my arse.

The difference would not be noticeable... end of.

:eek:

Anyway to be honest i just love my little clio, id be perfectly happy with a mk1 1.2 so i thank my hairy arse that i have a newer model to top that! You can keep ya 172s! ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The steering wheel on the mk1 was alcantara (a bit dodgy if you ask me cause it always wears down and becomes shiney)

the mk2 steering wheel was leather. I agree about the performance thing .. no difference. The alloy pedals are nice.. when your feet are wet they dont slip on the pedals..

well i think tomclio is half right

think mk2 def has the best rear. at least this rear bumper is easier to tell apart from the lower end models

think mk1 has a better lights and also half a resemblence to the earlier phase 2 clios grills,

i personally like the mk2 front bumper better but the mk2 lights are a tad too big and i still think the shape is wrong on them,

both look purposefuls but are both hard to tell apart from lower models

also mk1 has better less boring dials

mk2 wheels are a bit trimmy but thats renos fault mk1 could of actually had wheels trims if they did not use the f1s from oz

anyway thats my bit but hey both mk1 and mk2 dont look as good as a valver or willy.bet that opended up a whole can of worms

wongy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

lets face it .. the V6 ownz us all.. lucky buggers..

but which one is better the mk1 v6 or the mk2 v6... LOL dont even start me..

do you think if the mk2 172 had of been given a power increase (as the mk2 V6 has) we would still have this discussion about which is better ?

KDF ur happy to check my steering wheel absolutely nothing wrong with it looks new to me. Alacantara is put in lambos :)

kdf

ah but i actually think the wider body of the new v6 carries off the mk2 light better ,think the wider body makes the light more in proportion to the body

wongy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

paul when did pat get that civic type r?

wongy you took the words out of my mouth

the mk2 suits the lights soo much more

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

wongy, so what your secretly trying to tell me is the mk2 172 is better than the mk1.. thats my interpretation anyway and Im sticking to it..

ps. has to be the mystery machine everytime.. that van is soo funky.. and is probably full of scooby snacks.. mMmm..

172man, please send your steering wheel to me for inspection.. and please include a self adressed envelope...thx. you will ofcourse not be able to use your 172 while this inspection is carried out and Im afraid all our courtesy cars are out at the moment.

damn I sound like a Renault Customer Services person.. (maybe I should apply)

kdf

well i was just giving my opinion on this topic but if i was not clear in what i was trying to say then i mean whichever way it is interpreted by the reader

;)

wongy

Arent they colour coded standard?

I saw the mk2 V6 at the motorshow, looked wicked, big crowd around it, especially pikeys

sorry everyone but the mk1 look absolutely sh*te..the new style just looks quality the old style is just pantseven though it is quicker..the ffront lights look like a sorry skoda lol

CTR EK9 turbo

Heres my opinion and most of the people ive met, spoken to etc about it. Had the choice of a mk.1 172 or mk.2. The mk.1 i chose had 1,000 miles on it and was going for £11,400, the mk.2s were £11,600 imported new. I nearly didnt buy a 172 at all when i saw the new look (bug eyed) until i saw a mk.1 for sale and changed my mind. It wasnt anything to do with waiting times, or anything, just my personal preference, which, with regards to EVERYONE is going to be that (their personal preference).

Things i like about mk.1: weight, looks, exclusivity, handling, ability to keep up with 3 CTRs to high figures, respect from other people admiring it etc.

Things i dont like about the mk.1: steering whel, driving position, gearbox

Things i like about mk.2: looks (now, theyve grown on me), handling, interior, blue lights. Absolutely adore the new CUP. In fact the only mk.2 id buy would be the CUP.

Things i dont like about mk.2: non-white dials, steering wheel, wheels, "perforated" alcantara seats - whats that all about??!, toasted 3 of them (possibly down to the drivers?), FBW throttle response is :(, weight.

All my opinion (and my friends), but still really like the mk.2 and would love a CUP (with ABS ;))

dunno if he is just doing it to be contravertial of if hes just a c*nt, a joke is a joke but there is a point when its too much and for no real reason, some people dont know when to stop

but just look at them , the mk2 are so bland they lack fiss even EVO magazine tells you this, lacks the aggressive edge of the mk1
this is true ,

already spoke to a mate who is a trader and the value of the mk2 172 is falling now the cup is out

blah blah blah, this is getting sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring now, sorry for all the ooos just fell asleep against the key