ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OCD at its best (lots of pics)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hi all, I know you love my threads :rasp: decided this afternoon to take the wheels off as i havent for a while, while doing this i thought i would clean up the arches / wheels / and paint the hub / disk edge (as they were starting to look a little rough) :eek:

Pretty pleased with the results, couldnt get the wheels 100% perfect but im 99% happy with them! :approve:

Hope you enjoy the pic, to show you what ive been up to :)

DSCF0475.jpg

DSCF0476.jpg

DSCF0477.jpg

DSCF0479.jpg

DSCF0480.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

DSCF0483.jpg

DSCF0484.jpg

DSCF0485.jpg

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0490.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0493.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0498.jpg

DSCF0499.jpg

DSCF0500.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

before
DSCF0504.jpg

DSCF0505.jpg

after
DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0508.jpg

DSCF0509.jpg

DSCF0510.jpg

DSCF0511.jpg

DSCF0513.jpg

finished front wheel
DSCF0512.jpg

its a labour sp of love keeping it in near perfect condition and using it every day - but i enjoy it :)

thanks for looking!! ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Hi all, I know you love my threads :rasp: decided this afternoon to take the wheels off as i havent for a while, while doing this i thought i would clean up the arches / wheels / and paint the hub / disk edge (as they were starting to look a little rough) :eek:

Pretty pleased with the results, couldnt get the wheels 100% perfect but im 99% happy with them! :approve:

Hope you enjoy the pic, to show you what ive been up to :)

DSCF0479.jpg

thanks for looking!! ;)

Your a brave man trusting those shitty Renault Jacks!!!

C

clvs2222

yep you are an extreamly brave man using the renault jack.

also, the tyre doesnt look very clean. looks like you've only dressed it, but not actually cleaned it. tyre brush you need.

I like the dedication to keeping it clean. The only reason i dont clean mine all the time is because my mates take the piss out of me.

^^^ Isnt painting the calliper part where the wheel touches the disc a bad idea? Wont stick to the wheel?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you check and re-check your wheel nut torque over the next few days/hundred miles. Paint on a set of track wheels I had meant when the wheels got hot and the paint softened, the nuts loosened off.

I had to stop at the side of the track and tighten the nuts up by hand before limping back to the pits at Goodwood with a wheel rattling and clanking as it was so loose - very embarrassing and potentially fatal.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
lol at the comments i have a very understanding gf hahahaha! (shes just the same with making her self look good for me ) :approve:

Cheers Mark thanks mate ill check next week :eek:

Abarth 500 Essesse
dont think theres enough help in the world for paul, looking good though, need to do mine now, nearlly 3 weeks without a clean.

White clique
thats a fantastic job well done mate.

I've always wanted to get my wheels off for a massive clean up, but i am hopeless and just know something will go wrong. I dont trust myself with any car DIY!

'91 Clio RT =D
yep you are an extreamly brave man using the renault jack.

also, the tyre doesnt look very clean. looks like you've only dressed it, but not actually cleaned it. tyre brush you need.

my dads still got his jack from his very first car - renault 16 and its never rusty or failed him :rasp::rasp::rasp:

200 cup & 106 GTi
You do understand that painting your discs where the wheel fits them is a really bad idea unless you somehow got a uniform coating(electrostat powder coat?) as the thickness will be different all over, the wheel won't run perfectly true with the hub. You should really wire brush the surface on the wheel that butts up against the disc too to get rid of corrosion...

You can buy brake discs with a coating to stop them rusting where the pads don't run these days, would look and work considerably better than painting them...

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Looks great Paul... :star:

But, seriously, treat yourself to a trolley jack and some axle stands... Not safe 'detailing' under the car when it's just on a scissor-jack... :nono:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Please, FFS tell me you had axle stands. If the jack doesn't come down the sills will cave.