ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

LY 182
oh and you start a game with 8 people most of the games i have been in have ended up with about 4 in :(

Noticed this yesterday. My team was down to 3 and they had 5. They were all in buildings and had a gunship / attack helicopter outside lol. Everytime I spawned I got killed straight away so I had to rage quit and join another lobby.

The only other thing that was annoying me was everybody bumming over Nuketown. The previous option sucks when Nuketown comes on lol.

Still had a few good games again. Hit and miss really. Several games with my K/D ratio like 2+ and then a few really sucky games under 1 lol.

Really am enjoying it though.

im just playing free for all at the moment its all ive played for the last few months always used to be hctdm but cant hack that any more

Just started playing, not impressed for some reason? single player that is. As for multiplayer, I cannot connect to any lobbys :( internet is fine.

Clio 182
Just started playing, not impressed for some reason? single player that is. As for multiplayer, I cannot connect to any lobbys :( internet is fine.

Single player is just a bonus really, everyone knows they buy COD for the multiplayer. As for not being able to connect to any lobbies I think a few people are having problems but have you checked to make sure you NAT is open?

Street Triple R
Single player is just a bonus really, everyone knows they buy COD for the multiplayer. As for not being able to connect to any lobbies I think a few people are having problems but have you checked to make sure you NAT is open?

Other way round for me, Single player is the main point of the game, MP is just a bonus

For me, COD has always been about MP. I was saying last night that even if SP didn't exist, I'd still have bought it.

Once I've completed SP (whenever that is), it'll never get played again. Whereas MP will probably sit in the tray for 90% of the time until the next COD.

For me, COD has always been about MP. I was saying last night that even if SP didn't exist, I'd still have bought it.

Once I've completed SP (whenever that is), it'll never get played again. Whereas MP will probably sit in the tray for 90% of the time until the next COD.
+1 Ive only owned MW2 and Blops. MW2 i got half way through SP before getting addicted to MP, and I havent even touched anything but MP on Blops up to yet.
S'all about the online play.

Having played it for a bit longer I can pretty much say it sucks, some of the scenes look terrible, especially with the vechicles! Almost cartoony. Multiplayer is good though :)

Si

RS Clio 172
I have FPS OCD whereby I have to complete the campaign before getting on MP. It's like when I eat burger and chips. I have to eat the chips, salad etc. before the burger.

Best 'til last FTW.

I have FPS OCD whereby I have to complete the campaign before getting on MP. It's like when I eat burger and chips. I have to eat the chips, salad etc. before the burger.

Best 'til last FTW.

Ha, I'm excactly the same, even with the food!

Si

RS Clio 172
If the chips are above average... I might save a couple for after the burger. that's rare though. lol.

when i have a roast i'll eat the veg first to "get it out of the way". then it's a toss up between spuds, yorkie puds and meat.

If the chips are above average... I might save a couple for after the burger. that's rare though. lol.

when i have a roast i'll eat the veg first to "get it out of the way". then it's a toss up between spuds, yorkie puds and meat.

Yeah, but what if you fill yourself up before you get to the good stuff?

You'll waste belly room on crap stuff and then can't manage the rest of the goodness.

Si

RS Clio 172
If I fear a plate it too big, I'll make changed to suit. as long as 100% of the meat is consumed, it's mission complete.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right i feel able to pass my thoughts having completed the campaign and now 3 online games...

Wow, what a game, the campaign mode story is superb, the cut scenes and story line are excellent the twist could be made into a film! :eek:

I like the detail and gun variation i found it very well executed, i find that Black Ops is a more raw experience to MW2 personally, it seems you need to think on your toes for most of it, again i like this, MW2 felt a little limp by comparisson. 8.5/10 for the campaign.

Having only played 3 games online i am so far impressed, i havent experienced the lag issue's that some other have and feel its pretty fluent which im happy with, the re-spawning also doesnt seem to be an issue although i have made double kills seeing it happen to other players... again, i havent deemed this an issue! I like the point system also, it will make it more interesting to a degree i think! Big thumbs up so far!

My only real issue with the game is that there doesnt seem to be much room for snipers which although isnt the biggest issue, an issue all the same! My only other gripe is the grid system on each map, as time goes on this is going to make it alot easier for people to "buddy up" and take turns at cheating the game and rank higher up the score ladder, this will become apparent i reckon...

All in im very impressed and would urge anyone thats having issues to ride it out, 9.5/10 on the whole for me!

Skoda Fabia vRS
i really dont think they have thought about snipers at all on this game, dont think ive been killed by anyone yet with a sniper rifle, their is just no sniping spots anywhere on any map, not proper ones anyway

I haven't been killed by a sniper rifle either, maps are way too small for sniper usage, scoped smg is overkill iirc

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've been killed by 1 or 2 snipers running around with them. i've tried it got aboout 5 - 6 kills in a few games

Tesla MP3 2021
This game is a f**king joke. The lag is horrendous. One on one situations its like the other player has a 1sec advantage when you look back at the kill cam though you started to shoot at him first. Connection to host is a joke as it keeps on trying to find a new host then just throws you back into the lobby, pick me as a host you f**king tard game lol.

It seems even worse than MW2!!! :(

Is it the game or is it VM, anyone else on VM having issues?

Fiesta ST-2
Completed this on veteran. Instead of being challenging like the last 3 CODs it was a pain in the arse. Didn't emotionally get attached to the charecters or story like MW1/2 just wanted th game to end. The twist was pretty obvious for me. Also make it into a film? What fight club with guns lol?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Completed this on veteran. Instead of being challenging like the last 3 CODs it was a pain in the arse. Didn't emotionally get attached to the charecters or story like MW1/2 just wanted th game to end. The twist was pretty obvious for me. Also make it into a film? What fight club with guns lol?

So veteran was much harder than that last 3 CODs?

I can remember WOW being a reet pain in the arse (grenade central)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Right i feel able to pass my thoughts having completed the campaign and now 3 online games...

Wow, what a game, the campaign mode story is superb, the cut scenes and story line are excellent the twist could be made into a film! :eek:

I like the detail and gun variation i found it very well executed, i find that Black Ops is a more raw experience to MW2 personally, it seems you need to think on your toes for most of it, again i like this, MW2 felt a little limp by comparisson. 8.5/10 for the campaign.

Having only played 3 games online i am so far impressed, i havent experienced the lag issue's that some other have and feel its pretty fluent which im happy with, the re-spawning also doesnt seem to be an issue although i have made double kills seeing it happen to other players... again, i havent deemed this an issue! I like the point system also, it will make it more interesting to a degree i think! Big thumbs up so far!

My only real issue with the game is that there doesnt seem to be much room for snipers which although isnt the biggest issue, an issue all the same! My only other gripe is the grid system on each map, as time goes on this is going to make it alot easier for people to "buddy up" and take turns at cheating the game and rank higher up the score ladder, this will become apparent i reckon...

All in im very impressed and would urge anyone thats having issues to ride it out, 9.5/10 on the whole for me!

Xbox or PS3 sweetie?!

I'm tired of playing with AK haha.

Loving online still, pisses on MW2 for me. So much more to it.

lvl 39 atm, gonna get to lvl 40 and sack it for the night, then i'm working all weekend.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
All the people who say its s**t just can't handle the fact that MW2 is so easy compared to this.

Fiesta ST-2
Riiight... the people that are saying it's s**t have pretty much the same KD ratio or better than MW2. Not that this determines if someone likes a game or not.