ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh Dear, I’ve fooked Up BIG TIME

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

May have to get rid and ive only had it 2 days!

Before anyone says anything i know, i know:cry:

Heres whats up. Got my new 182 on Wed, and now i cant insure the fckin thing:mad:

Reason being is because ive only been driving for under a year but im 28 ( how i wish id started driving when i was 17)

Cheapest quote ive got was £2,500,most others were around £3,500!! fckin joke really, theres no way im paying that, even though i can afford to.

I did look into the insurance before hand but i was mis-quoted, kin unbelievable:devilish: :devilish:

So im up sh!t creek basically!

Help!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

elephant/admiral?

surely you must be able to get it cheaper?

Insure it under wife/girlf/mother/father etc?

When did you get your provisional license? does that not count?

Try putting your mum on as a named driver, if she has a full clean licence.

Apart from that, I dont know what to do, have you got confirmation of the quote you got i.e. a letter or an email?

VaVa

Sell me your 182 for 10K.

Sorry couldnt resist. Have you got a girlfriend/wife/partner..... it might help if you have a female on your policy.....

with the amount of money youd lose on ur car by selling it (unless u had some sort of super deal) you might as well just get it insured.

specially if it was to get nicked over the next day or 2

Skoda Fabia vRS

you WILL end up payin a lot id have thought, but you should be able to get it down from 2500

do you have a wife/partner you could add ?.......you cant use there no claims directly but having them on the policy sometimes helps

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

PM brooky182

Hes got a 182 and he only passed his test 10months ago, and hes only 20. Not sure how much he pays, but I think its reasonable!

phil

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 03 September 2004

Adrian Flux.

sh*t but cheap.

Just dont have a crash whilst insured with them.
lol very true, id stay away from Flux at all costs if possible

Renault Laguna Coupe

I had a similar scare when I tried to get quotes for the V6. Norwich Union Direct quoted me very happy in the end.

Just use someone else to insure it, anyone (ideally a woman with a clean license). Then you can be a named driver.

-Rob

insignia

Who buys a high performance hot hatch without thinking about the group 16 insurance????:eek:. I cannot believe what Im reading.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Yep^ Thats what im doing, im just a named driver on ma mums policy...Cost me alot less on a modified car!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Some witty replies there!

Raised a smile from me anyway:)

Right, where to start? tried confused.com and i think the cheapest was around £3,000 believe or not.

E-mailed Adrain Flux for a quote, no reply as yet.

BRUN, i did expect to pay a quite high price but these quotes just take the p!ss

Ill PM brooky ( hope he still visits here - loads of peeps seem to be going)

I have got a girlfriend yes who has 6 yrs no claims but shes gother own car at the mo so she cant use her no claims twice ( as i found out the other day!)

Looks like selling her car is the best way out but we shall see.

Just about to look thru a very old copy of Max Power to get some boy racer type companies to try ( im NOT a boy racer whatsoever)

172, Tiguan

Try your girlfriend as a named driver on the policy.

I trust you tell them its kept in a garage guarded by the SAS in a hidden location and that you only use it on dry days and limit yourself to 10 miles a year.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 03 September 2004
Who buys a high performance hot hatch without thinking about the group 16 insurance????:eek:. I cannot believe what Im reading.

Erm not being funny mate but ive already said id looked into the insurance BEFORE buying and was well aware that its a group 16 motor.

Burgandy 174 sport t

I thought u had to have an insurance certificate to be able to pick the car up??

cant really remember

You should of phoned them up though..web quote arent reliable.

Jon - Location/security isnt the issue though is it, its inexperience..so you NEED a main driver with that.

-Rob

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Lol jon:D SAS are needed around these parts!

Did say 10k miles, but didnt say Garage, said driveway.

Ive added my dad and G/F and it helps but still getting loke quotes:devilish:

I am strongly considering letting her be the main policy holder but with that she has to be the registered keeper which isnt a problem now but if we split up ( you never know) then it would be a problem!

That way i could be a named driver and then possibly get a £1500 banger and insure that in my name.

Id guess that wouldnt cost too much.

172, Tiguan

Not being funny mate but ive just done a quote based on everything youve said, albeit at my home address and its come up as £1194, that is with Tesco.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 03 September 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 03 September 2004I thought u had to have an insurance certificate to be able to pick the car up??cant really remember [/QUOTE]True...

I dont think it is true but i could be wrong!

Reason i say that is because my G/F in insured to drive ANY car under her insurance but only third party/fire/theft cover.

As i say i may be completly wrong.

Lee

BMW M2C

I had to have a cover note sent to the garage to allow them to tax my car before I collected it.

One good thing is that youll now know not to trust a quote that sounds to good to be true. Ive always made sure Ive got a lot around the same sort of figure before Im convinced.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Well id like to know how you got Tescos that low!

My G/F is currently insured with them and spoke to them yesterday and the Tesco woman said they wiil NOT give insurance on a hot hatch car to anyone who hasnt been driving for a year!

So im a bit puzzled with that mate.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

jon, i think this is where and i quote Robs reply up there comes into it

"You should of phoned them up though..web quote arent reliable"

My G/F did and they wont insure anyone with under a yrs driving to their name on a hot hatch.

Pity becaus thats a v. good price.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

DEFO AGREE ^^

get a few women on the policy, up the excess, limit the mileage (if that is practical) and garage it

DEFO £1500 possible

less than prolly 2K loss for sale

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Limit the milage a lot like a couple of thousand miles a year, and say your milage is like 5000 miles less than it really is, if you hvae a crash smash the f**k out of odometer :)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Leo182 on 03 September 2004

jon, i think this is where and i quote Robs reply up there comes into it

"You should of phoned them up though..web quote arent reliable"

My G/F did and they wont insure anyone with under a yrs driving to their name on a hot hatch.

Pity becaus thats a v. good price.
This is true, but if you enter all the details online and they are correct, then you buy the policy online I dont see anyway they can dispute it. Its only if the details you give are misleading in some way that you would have problems.

Im with Tesco but had to do it over the phone due to a few mods I had on my previous car. It would have saved me a couple of hundred quid doing it online with the. You get something like 5 or 10% buying online.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 03 September 2004
DEFO £1500 possible

Hey you were bang on matey:D

Got a quote of £1,500!! with Norwich Union Direct

So glad its over, im well happy :D

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Leo182 on 03 September 2004

I have got a girlfriend yes who has 6 yrs no claims but shes gother own car at the mo so she cant use her no claims twice ( as i found out the other day!)
this may have already been answered but if not.....

it doesnt matter, even though her no claims wont count towards your policy, it still might bring the quote down having a more experienced driver on the policy...

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Fluxs wont email you back...they are that pants.

Ive been with elephant 2 years and very happy with them.

Glad youve got it sorted.