ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Filter Removal Wrench.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

Got to get me some of those, is M20 the size needed for a 172/182 filter.

Ive been struggling with a a chain type remover that is too greasy as i dropped it in the spent oil bucket by accident.

Thats far too posh, for mk1 owners, gett eh champion filter for the williams (will fit all mk1s, dunno about mk2s tho), it has a nut built into the top of it.

In a valver/willaims, you wouldnt even have room to get one of those very fancy, expansive looking tools in, as a result its often just hand tight

I had the oil change at my friends garage and none of their wrench can fit onto the 172 filter correctly. How they do it at the end? They use a sand paper to hold the oil filter and twist. Same method when fit. They are crazy but that works. :D

Also not sure if people mentioned this before - remove the engine protector thing at the front would help in getting more space for filter removal.

I will bring a oil filter to the store and measure for the best wrench.

and yes, dont get the bicycle chain are bad, dont get those :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 04 August 2005
water pump pliers

far too simple, same as wrapping sand paper around it and using your hand

Mercedes SLK350

Optical, M20 X 1.5 is the thread.

Lunner, I won this set on an Ebay auction for the bargain price of £13.54 plus delivery.

Omar, I tried the chain and the three leg type filter removal tools, I have the scars to prove it.

The wrench is 76mm diameter with 12 flutes. The set is supposed to retail for around £63, but you can get it here for £35.19 plus delivery.

http://www.ccw-tools.co.uk/catalogue/product.asp?prod_id=6115&cat_id=78http://www.ccw-tools.co.uk/catalogue/product.asp?prod_id=6115&cat_id=78