ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK how much would these sets of engine work cost? fred/yoz could answer one...

Just Curious...

example 1...

Jenvey throttle bodies set up.
Omex 600 ECU.
AWT cams.
182 exhaust manifold.
Larger injectors.
Sports CAT and stainless 'stealth' exhaust (K-Tec)

example 2...

YozzaSport Headwork
Balanced combustion chambers
Compression Ratio (11.7:1)
Matched inlet / throttle body manifold
Jenvey Individual Throttle bodies (matched to inlet)
Pico Injectors
PiperCross/Jenvey Throttle Body Filter / Airbox
Wossner Forged High Compression Pistons (with ceramic coated skirts)
Schrick Camshafts Fully balanced bottom end (Crank, flywheel, rods, pistons)
GDI Lightened Flywheel
Alcon Paddle Clutch Kit
YozzaSport modified Renault clio 182 4-2-1 manifold
Omex 600 Standalone Engine Management system with Custom Loom
YozzaSport Track exhaust

Ph1
Depending on if you can get it cheap on the side your talking the best part of a grand alone just for the 182 mani convo !!

over 3k for option 1 and god knows for option 2 but at a total guess 4 - 6 k ?

Just buy a 2nd car, one with a turbo and mod that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
f**k that!!!!!

i've seen the light with these cars... suspension, brakes, fine. engine work other than remaps and inlets are a waste of time, too much ££ for hardly any gain.

leave alone i say

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Waste of time! All of it.

Coilovers and big brakes will tank the above! providing its not an oval like brunters!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
only way i'd have a car like that is if it was already done, like bodies cams etc, as the initial outlay is mad. just imagine spending 5k on an evo/impeza etc. Mucho hp!!!!!

gt_gaz said:
only way i'd have a car like that is if it was already done, like bodies cams etc, as the initial outlay is mad. just imagine spending 5k on an evo/impeza etc. Mucho hp!!!!!

yeah I thought that too until I went out in clean16v's white Mk1 (now Craigs) and was instantly converted. It's not just a small gain either, the power may only look a bit more on paper, but trust me, on the road these mods will have you blasting past 90% of cars you'll encounter.

I got mine already done with TB's etc, but I'm tempted to build a Mk1 on bodies now (or wait for someone else to sell one to me :D) as they leave STI's and some Evo's for fun

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hhhmmmm, me and my mate are actually in the process of buying valver to have a play with.......
you got chris k's old car now?

yeah, part ex'd it with clean16v. wants a couple of things doing before I'm happy with it.

things I like:
TB's! sounds the nads
Speed... goes like fook

things I don't like:
bonnet pins, so ordered a new locking type for it
alloys, refurb to black
drivability when not booting it (most of the time for me these days), needs wide band and remap, not really bothered about more power, but it will be making a healthy increase anyway.
insurance... it's rape with all the mods on

some things will have to wait though, just spent a fortune on some ghey tracker and anti hijack shite... but it's piece of mind I suppose

well I have a mate that lives down the road with a spare engine and brand new box if your interested, it's had headwork, cams, remap, pulleys etc etc so is ready to drop in. PM me if interested, although waiting on someone else who has first refusal

throttle bodied mk2 172
Dansta said:
Just Curious...

example 1...

Jenvey throttle bodies set up.
Omex 600 ECU.
AWT cams.
182 exhaust manifold.
Larger injectors.
Sports CAT and stainless 'stealth' exhaust (K-Tec)

example 2...

YozzaSport Headwork
Balanced combustion chambers
Compression Ratio (11.7:1)
Matched inlet / throttle body manifold
Jenvey Individual Throttle bodies (matched to inlet)
Pico Injectors
PiperCross/Jenvey Throttle Body Filter / Airbox
Wossner Forged High Compression Pistons (with ceramic coated skirts)
Schrick Camshafts Fully balanced bottom end (Crank, flywheel, rods, pistons)
GDI Lightened Flywheel
Alcon Paddle Clutch Kit
YozzaSport modified Renault clio 182 4-2-1 manifold
Omex 600 Standalone Engine Management system with Custom Loom
YozzaSport Track exhaust
you might checked the sticky moded clios thread and compared luckys and yozzas cars and you said yourself "for only 3 bhp difference,how much extra work!"i think fred, you should update that power to 240 bhp.that looks s**t for your company mate.

example 2 is probably 8k but a 172 is quick with 170bhp a 172 with 240bhp would be alot quicker.

Those focus STs with 300bhp in EVO this month £4k engines but they weigh 1317kg have about 230bhp/ton and have to have the engine electronically limited in the first three gears because they cant get the power down or you could have a sweet NA engine (that sounds amazing on bodies) in a lightweight (best handling of all time) hot hatch I know which one Id rather have.

I do agree with doing the suspension first though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
see i'd love bodies, but keep hearing about set up problems, ie jerkiness etc. Wouldnt do it to the cup as milage is creeping up.... I'd keep my car how it is (standard bar H&R's ecu/inlets) and do it to a mk1

Focus ST
gt_gaz said:
f**k that!!!!!

i've seen the light with these cars... suspension, brakes, fine. engine work other than remaps and inlets are a waste of time, too much ££ for hardly any gain.

leave alone i say

Agreed, plus strip the bugger out to save weight...;)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
totally agree..... dont bother!

been there got the t shirt and the empty bank to prove it....

stoddie said:
totally agree..... dont bother!

been there got the t shirt and the empty bank to prove it....

Its a shame so many people have had bad experiences with there engine builds on cliosport.......

cock mobile.
MarkM said:
I do agree with doing the suspension first though.

Pretty sure Dansta already has H&Rs so that's covered anyway.

It's a lot to spend on a clio mate, I was thinking about doing some stuff to my near standard cup cause I was getting a bit bored of it, but in the end thought, really is it all worth it, have changed cars and don't miss the cup now.

Point is go drive some cars that you can get for 15k, which is about what your car and all that work is worth might put things in perspective.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
MarkM said:
Its a shame so many people have had bad experiences with there engine builds on cliosport.......

its what put me off really, i was SERIOUSLY thinking about it late spring....

sh33n said:
Point is go drive some cars that you can get for 15k, which is about what your car and all that work is worth might put things in perspective.

Like what?

I am not really into jap stuff I have driven a subaru STi on an airfield round a coned track. Did nothing for me at all felt very big, it was quick but didnt handle anything like a clio

I have always been into french hot hatches, pugs before I had my clio.

I think big unuseable power (turbo stuff) is pointless on UK roads a nimble lightweight hot hatch does it for me.

You are probably right there is no doubt quicker stuff for the money but I am happy with mine.

What car have you got?

gt_gaz said:
its what put me off really, i was SERIOUSLY thinking about it late spring....

I dont think it has to be a bad experience though.

I am going to get TBs fitted later this year, depending on how much my new house costs lol. I think I have chosen the right man for the job this time.

cock mobile.
MarkM said:
Like what?

I am not really into jap stuff I have driven a subaru STi on an airfield round a coned track. Did nothing for me at all felt very big, it was quick but didnt handle anything like a clio

I have always been into french hot hatches, pugs before I had my clio.

I think big unuseable power (turbo stuff) is pointless on UK roads a nimble lightweight hot hatch does it for me.

You are probably right there is no doubt quicker stuff for the money but I am happy with mine.

What car have you got?

I've got a DC5.

I completely understand the love for the french hot hatches, fantastic performance for little money! But personally spending those sort of figures on a clio sounds too much for me, but again it's his money etc :)

15k could probably get you a 350Z, S2k, V6 (maybe a mk2), S15, brand new 225, etc.

I'm just recommending he tests some other cars that would be around that figure before spending money on the clio as I did :D

sh33n said:
I've got a DC5.

I'm just recommending he tests some other cars that would be around that figure before spending money on the clio as I did :D

I was going to say a DC5 would be one of the few cars I would consider;)

Its personal choice at the end of the day I completely agree dont dive in until you are sure.

I bought my 182 brand new and will keep it as a bit of fun, mod it when I have the money. My next car purchase will probably be a diesel estate.

I know 8k is alot to put on a clio but it will be quicker then all the cars you mentioned.

80MPG BEEZA
yea i'm in the same position here alreadt have had car converted to 172 and such, want more power but i'm thinking twice about it now in the end i've just paid all my credit cards off opened up a savings account with 8% interest i'll keep my 172 a couple more years keeping it clean and then i'll go out and find something better e.g mk2 v6 or a 350z

cock mobile.
MarkM said:
I was going to say a DC5 would be one of the few cars I would consider;)

I'll take that as a compliment, lol.

MarkM said:
I know 8k is alot to put on a clio but it will be quicker then all the cars you mentioned.

For sure, if you're just after a lot of go then that's the way forward, personally I need a balance between go, comfort, exclusivity, etc, after all I drive mine to work everyday.

Would a clio with 8k of mods be ok for a 50 mile commute everyday, doubt it, but it would be fantastic fun while it lasted :evil:

gt_gaz said:
see i'd love bodies, but keep hearing about set up problems, ie jerkiness etc. Wouldnt do it to the cup as milage is creeping up.... I'd keep my car how it is (standard bar H&R's ecu/inlets) and do it to a mk1

the jerkiness is because it needs the wide band lambda, which once its on it will behave like a normal car until you press the loud pedal. TBH it just means having a bit more thought about what you are doing with your right foot, but it's not as bad as you'd think, easy enough to live with for the time being as it's still my daily car.

Lionel Richie
jerkiness is caused mainly by 2 things

s**t mapping or bodies misaligned

Ahmet here is a brief update

detailed block
balanced bottom end assembley
high comp pistons
race spec head gasket
YS head
Shcrick Cams
48mm SF TB's
matched manifold
182 exhaust manifold (played with slightly)
YS race exhaust (2.5inch, 1 silencer)
Omex

and i think thats it (compression ratio has gone up a fair bit)

FredYozzasport said:
jerkiness is caused mainly by 2 things

sh*t mapping or bodies misaligned

the bodies look aligned okay, so I think it's just a bit of fine tuning on the map. speaking of which where's BenR when you need him? lol. Need to get this map sorted out, as it's making me put my foot down more... hence my average MPG being 5.0 last night after filling up... okay, partly my fault too but damn! :eek: lol

clio 200 F4Rt
also the way it drives depends on the cams you use.

and as said how its setup.

i used to run a throttle bodies saxo VTS, ran smoother and better than any car i have been in.

mainyl becuase it spent a good amount of time on the rollers, in the hands of someone who knew thier stuff.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
option 2 looks good, i got halfway there, spent thousands only for some idiot to rub me out, now il be looking for cars that already have the modifications, had it been a month or so ago id have snapped up ChrisK's tb rs, instead ive bought Flans old car...only have to change the seats.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sweet, me and my mate are looking at getting a valver, stripping it, buckets.... would love tbs too! That way i have a refined (lol) cup for day to day use, and a **** of a car for when your in the mood lol!!!!

gt_gaz said:
sweet, me and my mate are looking at getting a valver, stripping it, buckets.... would love tbs too! That way i have a refined (lol) cup for day to day use, and a **** of a car for when your in the mood lol!!!!
Problem is you'll find you use the Valver more.

Get a Williams though better starting point only negative is insurance is more.

Might as well sell the Cup and get a diesel etc and spend making a quick Williams.
Drop 2 live an email he has a few William I'm not sure which are for sale etc or for parts.

If you can buy a second one stick it in a lockup etc and use it for parts.

2005 Nissan Navara
Sounds like you need a bit of map tweaking Thejesus. If they werent balanced right u would notice a rough idle before any drivability issues. You should see decent MPG gains aswell once she's properly set-up. let me know how u get on.

Fred, who's doing/supplying your modified heads mate?

throttle bodied mk2 172
fred you didnt answer my previous question,do i need forged conrods for my 230 bhp conversations??