ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
I've always had a soft spot for a Racing Blue 182 and when I stumbled across this one a couple of weeks ago I put in a bid and ended up winning!
I collected it last weekend from Hereford and had an enjoyable 3 hour drive home.

I've come from owning a Honda Integra DC5 and a Hawkeye WRX STI running 340bhp/340ft.lb so this is a bit of a change, but I'm loving it. The colour is such a winner for me and everyone comments on how much they love it.

She's just ticked over to 62k miles and I'm the 4th owner.
Full service history with all the stamps and the belts changed on 60k miles at K-Tec.
Alloys were freshly refurbed last year and don't have a scratch on them.
Not had a chance to wash her yet but from looking around she's mint apart from a couple of chips on the bonnet and one on the wheel arch.
Sitting on lowering springs with a Scorpion Cat Back exhaust.

Pics from the advert:

DSEH6410.JPG

HBZN9796.JPG

WZOM6206.JPG
YKYD2792.JPG

So once I got home the first job was to de-sticker. Got the hair dryer out and removed the alarm stickers on the windows, tax disc hold and stickers on the rear screen.

Went for a little drive and took a few snaps.

IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

Shortly after this I ordered the Fabia front splitter as the front looked a bit empty to me.
It arrived during the week and I managed to fit it today.

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

I swapped out the interior bulbs for LED ones today as well, however I need to purchase the one for the boot and rear plate.

Lots of plans for this however with the Corona Virus affecting my other half's work (self employed business owner) I may hold off for the time being and save the money just in case.

I have however spoken with Snappy and will be getting the steering wheel retrimmed in black leather with a racing blue centre stripe and racing blue stitching.

A few more minor things I'd like to do in the coming weeks are:

- Oil change and filter change
- New exhaust bushes
- Tracking/alignment
- Aero Wiper Blades
- Philips Silver Vision Indicator bulbs all round
- New plates without the advertisement
- New rear reg plate housing and LED bulb
- Wet sand and polish headlights
- De-Wiper rear

I'm sure I'll think of more along the way.

Long terms plans are:
Recaro Trendlines
Speedline 2118 (Undecided on colour)
Coilovers
Carbon bits!

Need to spend a day giving her a proper clean, clay baring, waxing and polishing. Crying out for some tyre shine and back to black on the plastics!

Cheers,

OT

Last edited:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It’s a great little car, and tiny. I had little drive of it and it reminded me of my 172 😭 not quick by today’s standard but just loves to rev!

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Sorry may have missed it but is it cup pack?

The wheel colour is throwing me.

Nice looking car. My wife has a sti widetrack but would still consider a nice 182 in a rare colour to replace it.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Very nice mate, I was watching this one too. As I bought one at around the same time.
It certainly looked tidy.
Your plans for the steering wheel sound exactly like I’m planning. Can’t wait to see yours.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d

Nice looking car. My wife has a sti widetrack but would still consider a nice 182 in a rare colour to replace it.

Yeah it's a FF with cup packs. Has cruise control, auto climate control etc. Also measured the spacing between the strut bolts to check.
Wheels were refurbed last year by the previous owner. I'm debating getting them refurbed gloss black as I've always loved this look:

DSC_0034.jpg

(I think this photo may be in the "All Racing Blue 182's on the Forum..." thread as I remember seeing it on here and really liked it).

I did love the rawr power of the Subaru, but the mpg put me off driving it tbh.
Pic of mine:
IMG_4460.JPG

Very nice mate, I was watching this one too. As I bought one at around the same time.
It certainly looked tidy.
Your plans for the steering wheel sound exactly like I’m planning. Can’t wait to see yours.

She's very tidy. Just waiting for it not to be a sunny day before washing her as our water is quite hard and don't fancy water spots.
I'll post pics on here of the steering wheel once done.

Clio 172 Cup

I went to look at an sti wise track a few weeks ago but the diff sounded horrendous so gave it a miss beutiful cars !!

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
This was local to me, had we not been heading towards this mess we find ourselves in I would have been tempted to have a sneaky bid on it. Looks very tidy too, Enjoy!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yours looks tidy mate. Really clean.

Agree with @Cookson though, that the silver OE wheels doesnt quite work on RB. If they was anthracite, then its different. I think the RB posted with the black wheels was a chap who's forum name was Pritchard or Pritchard182 from memory? Always thought that pic made the car look really aggressive!

Swap your coolant bottle for a fresh new one. Makes so much difference in the engine bay. Cheap ones from euro car parts work a treat, just keep your OE lid 👍

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Subaru is nice car we have had ours for 6 years bought with 25k now has 55k. Took 9 months to find and that was then. Has never missed a beat only std annual servicing at subaru main dealer. Does 27 mpg. Which reflects how uts driven!

Always keep eyes peeled for nice 182 or 200. To partner up with my meg 275.

I agree anthracite, black makes it look like wheels have been nicked.

You thought about thd white stripes?

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Thanks for all the replies.
Undecided on wheels for the time being. Will keep an eye out for a set of Turini's or preferably 2118's.
Got other things to concentrate on in the meantime.

Yours looks tidy mate. Really clean.

Agree with @Cookson though, that the silver OE wheels doesnt quite work on RB. If they was anthracite, then its different. I think the RB posted with the black wheels was a chap who's forum name was Pritchard or Pritchard182 from memory? Always thought that pic made the car look really aggressive!

Swap your coolant bottle for a fresh new one. Makes so much difference in the engine bay. Cheap ones from euro car parts work a treat, just keep your OE lid 👍

Thanks. I'll see if I can find any threads he made.
I'll also have a look at the coolant bottle.

Subaru is nice car we have had ours for 6 years bought with 25k now has 55k. Took 9 months to find and that was then. Has never missed a beat only std annual servicing at subaru main dealer. Does 27 mpg. Which reflects how uts driven!

Always keep eyes peeled for nice 182 or 200. To partner up with my meg 275.

I agree anthracite, black makes it look like wheels have been nicked.

You thought about thd white stripes?

27mpg!! That's mad. Mine was averaging about 18-20mpg.
I've never really liked the stripes if I'm honest. Prefer the clean look without stripes.

Spoke to Snappy and he's sorting my wheel hopefully in the next week or two.
Got a new rear plate light cluster which arrived last week and the LED bulb finally arrived yesterday so need to fit that at some point this week.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Couple of bits that arrived recently:

IMG_1316.JPG

Got to work replacing the rear reg plate bulb holder and stuck in a new LED.
Before & After (The car is filty, aiming to clean on the weekend!):
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG

Also attacked the sticky plastics but gonna need to go over it again as didn't manage to get it all off.

IMG_1320.JPG

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Another thing that people, including myself, have done is to swap all the plastics for non sport ones as they dont have the "soft touch" film so already nice and smooth. Everything is a straight swap over too.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Light is a small but good improvement! What was that little pick and hook set for?

Bought it to help get the reg plate holder out without prying it against the bodywork (you can see someone has done that before). Also just handy for the future, cost like £5.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Mines got the same indent in the bumper where some rough handed oaf has grunted it out before!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
only just caught up on this, needs 2118 update ;-)

I'm not a fan of the silver on RB, i always think darker wheels or bright white complement the colour more. However gloss black is also a no no from me, it's just too much. If anything go dark grey, BMW sparkling graphite grey is my grey of choice for wheels, so much so I have 2 sets in that colour!

car itself looks a cracking purchase though, not too many on that sort of mileage, although amusing that mine on 212k miles is on same number of owners!

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Couple of bits done this weekend:

Bosch Aero Washers
IMG_1465.JPG

Headlights 4 stage wet sanded and polished
IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

Picked up some Speedline 2118's in Dark Bronze wrapped in pretty much brand new AD08R's.
I'm unsure about the colour but it's definitely different! Car needs a clean and tyres need tyre shine!

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1470.JPG

I think spacers are needed! Also clean indicator bulbs and new plates as well!
Also planning on ordering some CarPro DLUX sealent for the plastics.

In other news I'm currently in the process of de-badging the rear and fitting a 200T R.S. badge over the Clio holes.

Not a bad weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_1463.JPG
    IMG_1463.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 114